Ferocious is an 18+ supernatural and post apocalyptic RP based in the city-state of New Greenwich, Oregon with a rating of 3/3/3. Please register an OOC account then a character account, before applying. The Cbox is guest-friendly, so please feel free to ask any questions!

UPDATES!

6.16 — You've decided! Here's when our next event will be!

6.09 — When should we have our next event? You decide!

6.03 — We have a new skin on the site! Have any feedback? Found a gremlin running around? Let us know HERE!

6.01 — Our winners in the Anniversary Emoji Hunt have been announced. Congrats to everyone!

5.17 — We're one month old! Join the celebration and get a prize!

5.07 — Has your character ever wanted their tarot cards read? Now they can! Sign up HERE

4.22 — Come play real life D&D with your character! Sign up HERE

Wanted Spotlight

The Conclave

Current Event

New Skin!

Character Spotlight

Victoria Blake

Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Walls Kept Tumbling Down
Saoirse Blackwood
 Posted on: Apr 12 2017, 08:33 PM
age: 33 occupation: Artist organization: Etawa Pack posts: 215 gems: 2375

Starling

shipper tracker message

Saoirse had gotten the address through researching various web searches, unsuccessfully, and finally getting in touch with someone at the Magnolia Quarter Community Center. Apparently, they had communication files on just about anyone considering that most people had applied for aid. Oren Nadeau was not a name on any of those applications but it looked like he had cosigned with a gentleman by the name of Andrew Wallace on a house for a rent agreement within the Magnolia Quarter, and so, Saoirse had decided to see if this Andrew knew where Oren was.

It had been at least 3 years since she had seen him, and there had so many things that had gone on in between then. Saoirse had tried to reach out, but with the confusion, family issues and more, it had just gotten more and more difficult. Finally, things seemed to be settling, and with the Magnolia Quarter almost brand new, it felt possible to actually be able to find people.

As she walked down the street, it was strange seeing everything seemingly brand new and clean. She had parked in a designated parking lot a few blocks away, not wanting to park in someone's driveway in case she happened to be at the wrong spot. Plenty of the human homes didn't even have room for a driveway, which she assumed was because many of them didn't even own one. Parking in the street seemed even worse manners, so instead the shifter took in the sights, seeing children running in the streets, people taking their dogs for walks, and other normal activities for this time of evening. It was a little surreal, actually.

Finally she walked up to the cottage style house that was supposedly being rented by Andrew Wallace, and she took a moment to compose herself before knocking lightly on the door.

There was immediately the sound of barking, and Saoirse took this as a sign of promise. If there had been no barks, then either Oren did not live here, or perhaps even worse, Chance would have moved on. Swallowing she waited impatiently until a very tall, handsome, and slender man with blue-green eyes answered the door.

"Hello?" He asked as he looked at her.

Saoirse gave a wide, tight smile. "Hi there. Are you Andrew Wallace? See, I'm looking for a friend, and I heard he might live here. Or maybe that you would know where he does. His name is Oren?"

After a moment a familiar snout came peering out behind the man's leg, Saoirse recognizing Chance from anywhere. "Chance!" She said happily, and the dog nearly tried to run her over.

Andrew stared with wide eyes. "I guess you guys know each other then. Yeah, Oren lives here, but I think he's in the middle of a gaming stream or something. Come on in, and I'll see if I can't grab him."

Saoirse rustled up Chance and headed inside the house, noting the clean but obviously masculine decoration. There were clear signs that Oren lived here, including both artwork and figurines that were from well known games. "Please, take a seat," she heard Andrew say as he headed down the hall, and she did so.

Sitting back on the couch she murmured to the dog, "I missed you so much, yes I did, you good boy!" It could only be categorized as baby, or in this case, puppy talk.

@Oren Nadeau

--------------------
user posted image
<3 Fenris
PM
^
Oren Nadeau
 Posted on: Apr 13 2017, 03:45 AM
age: 33 occupation: Vet Assistant. organization: None. posts: 284 gems: 450

Fen

shipper tracker message

He'd forgotten to eat again, as his stomach was so helpfully reminding him, though he'd kept telling himself another ten minutes before he'd pause and go get something to snack on at least. Maybe there was still some leftover pizza, even if it was going on three days old by now. Weirdly, he didn't even have to worry about forgetting (for the third time) to actually step away from the game and do just that considering a knock came to his door. With a 'come in', Oren hit the start button and turned, looking to see Andrew peeking in and informing him that there was a young woman with red hair sitting out in the living room asking for him. Blinking, the man felt his chest cave in a bit and his breath somewhat hitch. It couldn't possibly be, could it?

"Uh, give me a minute and I'll be out," he told his roommate, glancing down to himself, dressed in Spiderman pajama pants and a loose muscle top. He'd exchange them for a typical t-shirt and jeans, walking out and hearing Chance's exciting yips and barks while hearing Saoirse talking to him in that voice she always used towards any given animal.

Swallowing thickly, Oren paused near the couch and looked somewhat abashed that the woman was even here in his house, with a thread of guilt filtering through him. "Sear?" he breathed, feeling a strange combination of gladness and worry well up inside him. "Holy crap it's good to see you..."

And unexpected but he certainly wouldn't complain!
PMEmail
^
Saoirse Blackwood
 Posted on: Apr 13 2017, 01:55 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

Andrew came down the hall and let Saoirse know that Oren would be here in a second, and she smiled at him nodding. "Thanks so much," she replied, feeling a bit of apprehension and excitement. She realized now that she had actually thought this would be a dead end and she'd have to keep looking. New Greenwich had kept really good records since the abolishment of the slave laws, for probably a few reasons that were not as filled with goodwill as the government wanted everyone to think, however, she had thought it might take her a few months to find him.

Instead, Oren appeared only a few minutes later, looking almost exactly the same as before. When her eyes met his, their expressions were almost exact, and there was an awkward pause before Oren finally spoke.

Giving one last pat to the dog in front of her, she stood up and walked over to him, taking Oren into an embrace. It wasn't a usual gesture for the two of them, but hell it has been years since she'd seen his face, with no word of whether he was alive or dead. She had lost a lot of pack members, and therefore a lot of family. It hadn't been an easy few years for her. This was a boon she needed, even if she didn't really deserve it considering how long it had taken her to reach out and actually look for him.

"I'm so glad you're all right," the redhead said muffled into Oren's chest. He smelled like Tide and a soft masculine scent likely from his soap, and Saoirse found herself almost relaxing with relief. He was real, and here.

"I'll, uh, just let you two at it then," Andrew said awkwardly before clapping his hands together and heading back to his part of the house.

Andrew's words brought her back to where she was and she pulled away in time to see him disappear into the room. "Oh, uh, he didn't have to leave..." She said after a moment before looking back to Oren. She watched him her eyes inspecting his features as though she were taking a double take to see if he really hadn't changed at all.

"I'm so sorry I didn't... I don't know, get here sooner. Things have been crazy.. well you know, and the pack fell apart, and Alana..." She let out a long sigh and shook her head. "Are you okay? I mean, you look great! This place is super nice!" Turning about she gestures to the living room that she was in. "And Chance is still being adorable as always. It's like the only thing that changed was your room mate.."

That wasn't true though. Despite the fact that Oren had always had more freedom than other humans, now he truly was free, just like the rest of them. Saoirse wondered how he felt about that, but didn't bring it up. There were a few too many topics to cover without bringing that firecracker of an issue up right now.

@Oren Nadeau

--------------------
user posted image
<3 Fenris
PM
^
Oren Nadeau
 Posted on: Apr 13 2017, 03:46 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

As she moved over to give him a hug, Oren would close the space with her a few paces, returning the gesture. A warm, assuring squeeze was given to her small frame and the whole thing felt surreal. Guilt and shame washed over him but just as quickly, relief swept in and made him happy that this didn't quite feel like a dream. Seeing Saoirse again was an unexpected surprise but one he wouldn't take back for as long as he breathed. "Me too. I mean.. Glad to see you still in one piece and all."

Clearing his throat, he pulled back to look at her then glanced to Andrew as the man opted to give them their privacy. Oren said nothing, knowing the man liked to keep to himself usually anyway and was only being respectful of everything. A nod was given to him before he looked back down to Saoirse. "It's all right. It's just how he is." Raising his brows as she started apologizing and giving an explanation to everything, Oren shook his head and looked softly to her. "You don't have to apologize, Sear. A lot of... stuff happened. Getting acclimated to it all again has been hard." Dropping his hands to his sides, he took a breath and tried to give her a not so awkward smile. "Yeah, I'm good." He looked around then over to Chance, who sat there by the couch, happily wagging his tail in a blur. "More or less, yeah..."

Though that one and single change was fairly major for him but something he wasn't keen on lingering on. "Drew's been great. Real nice guy." Eyes back on Saoirse, his smile became warmer and more relaxed. "Just the two of us trying to make it by really. I'm sorry though that we didn't meet up sooner. Things have just been...," he reached back, rubbing along his neck, "hectic... kinda." Though that felt far too much like an excuse, especially when it came to trying to keep contact with the few friends he still had. "Had no idea getting instated as an official citizen was going to be so complicated before."

But he still wouldn't really complain considering quite a few new avenues had been opened up to him and others like Andrew.
PMEmail
^
Saoirse Blackwood
 Posted on: Apr 13 2017, 08:43 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

She waved a hand impatiently, immediately relaxed and pleased with the outcome of their first meeting once more. "I'm sorry, you're sorry. It's all in the past now right?"

Saoirse nodded eagerly at his words about becoming a citizen. "Congratulations! All of you deserve it, and did deserve it." Saoirse felt more abashed about this than anything else. She felt as though she should have been out there spreading her thoughts that humans should be free as well, even well before the Resistance outbreak, but doing that often meant jail time, or worse. Saoirse had never been much of a rule-breaker either, in fact, she usually followed most rules to the letter unless someone close peer pressured otherwise. She was consistently "good" or "paragon" skewed characters in video games as well, hating to do anything that could be cruel or rebellious.

"Um, so, Andrew said you might be streaming? Like streaming online? I hope I'm not interrupting. I honestly didn't even think I'd actually find you here. It was just a wild guess, and I'm not sure what I had in mind past just being grateful to find you," Saoirse said honestly, wracking her brain with what friends would do after a long absence. She looked down at Chance who was thumping his tail, and she smiled absently, her mind still thinking of what to do next, before a light bulb above her head turned on.

"Maybe we could go out to eat if you haven't eaten, and you're not busy. It'll be my treat in congratulations of becoming a citizen! Course, I could use with a recommendation of a spot as I'm not really familiar with the Magnolia Quarter at all." It was such a "clean" name, and so pretty too, as though the Conclave knew they were going to have resistance against lumping all the humans in one place again, but Saoirse thought it wasn't so bad a place to be lumped in. In fact, some of what she saw looked nicer than parts of the Waterfront District as a whole.

"Only if you're not busy with streaming or whatever. Andrew could come too if he wants. I wouldn't mind actually getting to meet him," Saoirse said, though part of her kind of just wanted some alone time with her friend. Either way, she just hoped he'd say yes.

@Oren Nadeau

--------------------
user posted image
<3 Fenris
PM
^
Oren Nadeau
 Posted on: Apr 13 2017, 11:10 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

Oren smiled and nodded in agreement. All in the past now. He was glad she didn't seem upset or to hold a grudge about having not actively gone out to find her. Well.. it wasn't that so much as most days, it felt like his head was spinning so fast, he rarely even knew what direction it was looking in anymore. "Uh.. Thanks." He didn't know what else to say to that, considering he'd never imagine in even his wildest dreams that he'd suddenly be seen as on par as werewolves and witches, let alone vampires or fae. It was just all very... bizarre. "Still get a few stink eyes here and there but... could be worse, ya know?"

He shrugged a bit then blinked as she mentioned him streaming. Confusion riddled his face at first but soon shifted into realization. "Oh! Yeah, I was kinda doing that earlier but been done for a while now." A soft laugh came as she admitted she wasn't sure what to do beyond just meeting him, which he could understand. "I'm starving actually so... that'd be great." As if on cue, his stomach even growled a little, hand sliding over as if to quiet it down while his face flushed slightly. "As you can.. uh.. tell.." Clearing his throat, he nodded and glanced off to where Drew had gone before looking back to her. "Sure. Can always ask. Not sure if he had any plans tonight for himself or not but if he does, always next time I'm sure?"

As he very much doubted they wouldn't be seeing one another frequently after all this. In fact, Oren would be upset if they did anything but. Maybe some fragment of old times could be had. It'd be nice anyway...

"I'll go take a peek and get some shoes on. Be just a few minutes." With a smile, Oren moved off and went to knock on his roommate's door to inquire on if he wanted to go get some late dinner. Meanwhile, a young pup happened to wander her way out of Oren's room, the door having been left open, and excited yips coming as the bundle of energy made a mad dash for the new stranger to sniff and get to know.
PMEmail
^
Saoirse Blackwood
 Posted on: Apr 14 2017, 08:47 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

She imagined that plenty of humans got more than stink eyes, and that Oren was right, it could be a whole lot worse. Saoirse felt guilt over the whole situation, but it was a ball of emotions to unwrap at another time. Right now, she was going to focus on having fun with one of her friends. It had been a long time since she was able to do that.

A wide smile broke over her face as he agreed to dinner, giggling a bit as his stomach gurgled. Clearly he was pretty hungry. "Great!" She said in response, "Yeah, absolutely. Next time if he can't." His assumption also made her pleased, as it showed he truly didn't have any regrets about her literally just showing up on her doorstep.

While Oren went to go see Andrew, who would decline gently in an attempt to let old friends catch up, Saoirse saw a little rascal come barging towards her. A squee that was not unlike the yips coming from the dog herself, came from the redhead's mouth. "Aren't you just adorable?" She reached down to let the dog sniff her, Chance, of course, having to butt in and smell as well.

She watched as the two dogs started playing, Chance being particularly careful with the pup. It made Saoirse's heart melt to see the two of them going at it together. After the playing had subsided, she picked up the dog and put the fluff pup in her lap. "Hello there! Oren was a very bad host, and didn't introduce us!"

As Oren returned, she smiled, "Your hostage got away to say hello." Very gently, she set the dog down, and got up to meet him, intending on heading out. "Chance was so gently as he played with her!"

The redhead glanced to Andrew's door and then back to Oren, "I'm guessing I'll see him next time then? Where'd you want to go for dinner? I have no idea about anything in the Quarter." Didn't that sound quite fancy? The Quarter. Either way, she was excited about going out.

"I didn't know if this was actually your house, so I parked at a parking lot a bit a ways. Not that I mind walking, if you know of a place close?"

--------------------
user posted image
<3 Fenris
PM
^
Oren Nadeau
 Posted on: Apr 16 2017, 12:40 AM

Fen

shipper tracker message

With a soft chuckle, Oren watched as she admired the pup and gave her affection. "That's Dova," he informed then gave a bit of an amused grin. "Bet you can't tell what I named her after." He was joking of course, knowing Saoirse would pick up on it instantly considering the ring of the name and the fact that it bore a close connection to his still most favorite game of all time. "Yeah, next time. He wanted us to be able to catch up and all that."

Which was understandable and appreciated. Drew never really minded having to look after the dogs either while Oren was out, something he'd always feared when it came to finding and getting a roommate. So far though, he felt like he'd gotten pretty lucky with his choice of a flatmate. After putting Dova back in her crate and grabbing his hoodie, he followed Saoirse out the door and off to the street. "There's a few places. Uhh.. A diner down the block, coffee shop that's open all hours up two streets. There's a bakery not far from here that does sandwiches and soups. A pizza joint that just opened up last month. Uhh.. Other than, just kinda the usual."

So at least they had options depending on what she might be in the mood for. Oren himself was so hungry he could likely tackle a zebra. After they had debated and made their choice, he settled in to their walk and watched her for a moment. It still seemed so totally random that she'd show up out of the blue, looking for him, and had managed to find him. "Guessing it wasn't all that easy to track me down. Obviously after moving out of the house to live with Liz, things kind of got... muddled. Then her and Lincoln just disappeared during the Rebellion, I got whisked away to Olympia and every place I've been to for getting things in order have just had so much trouble with their records being kept. Some got destroyed completely even- digital and physical copies."

One of the biggest things the Resistance had seemingly gone after once they'd taken over the city had been certificates and the like of ownership and such. Oren supposed he could be grateful for part of it but what they'd done as a whole still didn't sit well with him and was not enough to redeem their entirely unkind act upon others. There were far more people in his life that were either dead or missing now because of what had happened just those few years ago.

"I'm glad you found me though." He gave her his best, genuine, warm-hearted smile, meaning every word. "And I'm.. sorry.. I didn't reach out to you really.." Which made him feel completely and utterly guilty. "Should be deemed as the worst friend on the planet."
PMEmail
^
Saoirse Blackwood
 Posted on: Apr 17 2017, 09:03 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

"Well, it's a little confusing," Saoirse said teasingly, "After all, she doesn't look anything near a dragon." She knew he'd gotten it from Skyrim of course, as the word simply stuck in her head as being shorten for Dovahkiin.

"Let's go for pizza!" She decided, "It sounds like you haven't been there yet, and I can always go for some pizza." Saoirse followed him out the door and walked down the block next to him, the sun having just decided to slowly set beyond the horizon. The buildings had already blocked the orange orb, though the sky still had a bit of pink leftover, the purple night hot on its tracks.

"Hmmm.. well, no. Actually, it wasn't too hard, or at least, it could have been a whole lot harder. I actually found out from the community center you guys have here. They apparently keep pretty good records since the abolition of uh, slavery." It sounded so awkward when it was said out loud. She didn't think she'd ever said it when slavery had been part of every day life. Saoirse had never owned a slave, never wanted one, but there was the guilt she'd never fought against it.

Saoirse couldn't help but frown when Oren mentioned Liz and Lincoln. She'd known very little of the latter, and the former, well she knew Oren was very close, and Liz had been a pretty awesome person, at least in the D&D games she'd played with them.

"Oren, please.. no," she shook her head, "Just because I found you first, doesn't make you any worse. We'll just agree that both of us weren't great at trying to find the other, and that we won't make that mistake in the future. Let's just enjoy the now, right?" It was meant to put him at ease, but she understood the guilt he felt, because she felt it as well.

"Hey look, it's a game shop. Looks like they've got D&D stuff, Magic cards, all sorts of board games. Should we stop in there?" She gestured after a few blocks has passed, "Or are we pretty close to the pizza place?" The shop was brightly lit, and there seemed to be a few people inside. In the windows there were posters of some retro comic book movies and Star Wars related.

She was hungry, but it couldn't hurt to browse. After all, she'd lost a ton of her more nerdy paraphernalia in the fights and destruction of the city. The fact that it was all "fun, unnecessary" items meant that it was the last thing to be replaced.

--------------------
user posted image
<3 Fenris
PM
^
Oren Nadeau
 Posted on: Apr 18 2017, 05:05 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

He knew she'd catch on fairly quickly considering how many hours he had on that game alone. At least five different playthroughs with him having played as five different things. The only ones he'd ever even avoided had been playing that as a vampire and werewolf, for more reasons than one. He'd enjoyed the fae DLC though that was apparently based off what the actual fae realm itself looked like and had, ever since, made him curious about the place. For as much as anyone knew about it, it had still always been a strange thing to him that another 'plane' would be parallel to that of the one they were in now. He'd always wanted to ask more about it to his mother, who was usually happy to oblige, but she also hadn't really lived in the realm for very long, only as a child.

Pizza it was though! His stomach wanted to rumble again but he managed to quell it before it had the chance. "Sounds good," he agreed with a smile. Looking around, he felt that creeping, crawling sensation forming along his skin that had always came with disliking being out after dark. Even with the company of another person that feeling still wouldn't go away. It had been terrible after his assault from a werewolf, who the police had still never caught to his knowledge, and had eventually settled but now it was essentially double fold ever since the night of the Breach- something he still even had nightmares about fairly often... For the longest time, he'd suffered from insomnia until Scarlet had gone over a handful of methods with him in order to help him actually sleep at night, one of which being her special tea that he still made on occasion for nights that he particularly struggled with in going to sleep.

Raising his brows, Oren looked her way as she brought up the community center. "Oh really? Huh..." That was... nice at least? Good, he supposed. Was probably helpful too for those that wanted to find any family that had been on the farms, such as himself when it came to his brother. Unfortunately, both his parents had already been sent off elsewhere long before the abolition had came about. Ms. York had at least promised to help with that when she could, though he hadn't heard from her in a while now. "All right." He did his best to give her a smile, inwardly glad she didn't seem too upset about it all but she had a point in that there was no reason to keep beating themselves both up about it. "Yeah. You're right."

He nodded, still holding his smile for the moment until she pointed out the game shop. Following her gaze, his brows bobbed up. Funny, he didn't remember that being here last time he'd came down this street? Then again it'd been a while, at least a couple of weeks. "Definitely wanna check it out but I'm also really hungry." And the place probably wouldn't be closing for a few more hours at least, right? "The place is just right up here. Pizza first then we can swing back over to the shop?"

It'd given them a chance to settle in for an hour at least, catch up and talk then they could lose themselves in the fold of their nerdom in the place. He didn't have anywhere to be or anything to do anyway and there was nothing better he could think of to do tonight than hang out with Saoirse. "What have uh... you been up to lately? Still kind of the same ole? I mean aside from the... pack stuff and all that?"
PMEmail
^
Saoirse Blackwood
 Posted on: Apr 20 2017, 12:43 AM

Starling

shipper tracker message

She felt a slight twinge of regret, but reminded herself that they would probably have plenty of time to come back around to the place if they wanted. Saoirse was pretty hungry too, so it was probably for the best he decided to press on. "Sure," the wolf said amicably, and kept moving.

"Uh, yeah I guess you could say that," the woman replied as he asked about her activities of late. "Honestly I've been just trying to put my life back together. Some family stuff happened, and then just rebuilding the studio, getting moved in above it.. Oh, I'm living above Alana's studio now. Well, I guess Alana and I share it anyhow, now. I pay her rent. Both for my flat and to have my stuff in the gallery. You should come by sometime and take a look."

She smiled a bit to herself as an idea came to her. Saoirse was about to put it forth when the pizza parlour in all it's cheesy (metaphorical) glory came into view. A neon sign of a pizza being twirled above the word Open was just the first bit of fantastic cliche for the Italian restaurant.

A bell rang as they opened the door, and a gentleman came rushing towards the front of the shop to sit them down. He was a portly man with a balding spot and a wide smile, with an accent. . . well it was either hammed up for the customers, or. . . well, it was probably just hammed up for the customers.

The inside was small and cozy, and the tables were covered with plastic gingham red covers, and a shaker of parmesan and red pepper flakes on every bus station at the center. There were a few other people in the shop, but it was just leading into dinner time. After the host left them with menus, Saoirse glanced hers over and remembered what she wanted to say.

"I had a thought.. I'm working on a large action painting at my place. It's basically a huge canvas, probably a bit taller than you are, and it's really wide. Typically I use my hands, legs... everything to complete the work. You should come over and help me. It's a lot of fun. I bet you'd like it," the woman encouraged, "Plus, it's a totally acceptable way to get completely dirty and have fun."

She looked down at the menu and popped her lips a couple of times as she reviewed the items. "You wanna split a pizza?" The redhead wasn't sure how hungry hungry was, but Oren could down a fair amount. Sometimes she could match him, but that was normally the wolf inside her that was constantly burning calories. They could probably destroy at least a medium between the two of them.

"Maybe Andrew would want something we could bring back for him? A calzone or a pasta dish?"

--------------------
user posted image
<3 Fenris
PM
^
Oren Nadeau
 Posted on: Apr 20 2017, 05:33 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

"That sounds really nice," he remarked towards the studio apartment. "Bet you're glad to get away from those noisy neighbors and everything you'd had in your last apartment." As he could remember a number of times of when Saoirse had complained about them doing one thing or another. He'd never lived in an apartment building before really and couldn't imagine how annoying it had to have been when people didn't respect others to keep things down to a minimum. "I definitely wouldn't mind stopping by sometime to see it." Along with her work too, since he'd always admired her imagination in art and everything she did with it.

As they came to the pizza shop, Oren opened the door for her, letting her in first and following afterwards. Once they'd taken their seat at a table, he pulled over the menu and started to take a look at what all they had to offer. He'd started to lean towards pasta rather than a pizza, looking at their selections of lasagna and spaghetti when Saoirse mentioned him coming over to help with painting on a massive canvas, which had him raising his brows and staring at her from across the table. "Uhh.. I.. I don't know anything about painting.." And he'd never thought himself a very creative individual when it came to that kind of thing. If anything, he'd always been a tad bit envious of Saoirse's ability to make awesome works of art with colors. "I'd probably just make a mess of it all honestly."

Looking abashed as he dropped his gaze back down to the menu, Oren mulled over the idea of it all then perked back up as she offered to split a pizza with him. That was probably a good idea. "Yeah, sure. Want to do a half and half or a whole?" As he generally was never really picky when it came to pizza toppings so long as it was nothing too bizarre. He still had never been a fan of anchovies but most everything else he could deal with. Peppers, onions, olives, pineapple, he's even had chicken and spinach pizza before that had been way better than expected. There was also the macaroni pizza that was strangely appetizing, of which he'd had before elsewhere too. "Yeah, I could probably bring him back some kind of pasta." Which he'd worry about for after they'd had their fill and decided to take off so it wouldn't be too cold by the time they'd likely get back, given they still wanted to stop by that shop. "I think I could go for something along the lines of supreme, barbecue, or Hawaiian really."

There was hardly ever a 'wrong' pizza to go with for him and Oren was the kind of guy that had always been willing to try almost anything once.
PMEmail
^
Saoirse Blackwood
 Posted on: Apr 20 2017, 11:08 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

As she perused the menu, she thought about his words regarding the apartment, bringing back up. "Actually I kind of miss the apartment a little bit. It's not really the place though, it's the memories. In fact, one of my good friends is missing. I mean, he's a djinn, so he can take care of himself, but I haven't seen him since before the Resistance fight," she said tucking a hair behind her ear. "I just have to assume he's okay, because knowing Jake he wouldn't have a lick of a paper trail leading to him." The redhead forced a smile though, because tonight wasn't about the things they lost, it was about the things they'd found, including each other.

"Making a mess is the point. You just pull what looks good and then have fun. It's great. You get covered in paint everywhere. Even if you're careful, which you shouldn't be, because body painting is way more fun if you get dirty," Saoirse emphasized.

"Promise me you'll come help and at least try. It'll be fun," she cajoled him with big eyes that might have gotten a little glassy with fake tears, "It can be your way of repaying me for not finding me sooner. Then I'll owe you too for something." She said it completely in a way of teasing, but was curious what Oren could come up for a "punishment." He was too soft hearted to come up with something she actually wouldn't want to do. Besides, she was positive that Oren would have fun with this, he was just worried about messing up her things.

"Also, I can always get more canvas." She looked down at the table thinking that she could kill for some water, and looked around to see if a waiter was available.

It seemed that Oren was ready for food too, because he was already debating on pizza types. "Ahhh supreme and Hawaiian both sound amazing. Let's do half and half and get both!" The waitress must have heard them because within a moment she had arrived after she'd said that.

Letting Oren take the lead on ordering, she got herself also a coke and a water to drink. "Hey, do you remember the time we went out to that place during the Unity Celebration, and that waitress would not stop hitting on you? This one seems a little more immune to your curls." Saoirse gently teased him, only because she knew how bashful he could get around women, even her and she had known him for around a decade.

--------------------
user posted image
<3 Fenris
PM
^
Oren Nadeau
 Posted on: Apr 21 2017, 04:14 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

He rose his brows curiously as she mentioned a missing friend and tried to place who she might be talking about. When the name was dropped, Oren was able to recollect the guy, to an extent, though look uncertain as he questioned, "Is that the tall, broad, blonde guy that you talk about randomly coming over sometimes and the one that left mustard all over your face once when you woke up?" Or it could've been some other person but, as far as Oren had known, Saoirse didn't have that many guys that would randomly stay over at her place. As he'd understood it, the man had just always been a long time friend of her and her sisters. "Well.. I hope he shows up sometime. Maybe he got out of the city and just hasn't been able to get back yet?"

He didn't want to say the other possibility- that Jake could've just.. well.. left and therefore obviously have not left Saoirse word of where he was going or something. The third possibility he didn't really want to think about.

He'd been looking over the menu again when Saoirse went on about painting and getting dirty, which instantly made his face flush red, albeit not as much as it might have gotten when something potentially perverse was usually mentioned, and his eyes darted back up to her. "Oh uh.. Well.. maybe.. I mean.." Then she was giving him the eyes, imploring him to say yes and his felt his throat go tight for just a few seconds. "S-sure," he stammered finally, unable to say much of anything else when she was teasing him like that! "I mean, you don't have to do that."

And it seemed silly to use that as an excuse for it all but he knew she was only doing it in playful banter. Clearing his throat, Oren settled back in and they decided on the topping choices. The waitress came along, taking their order, and soon their drinks were deliver, Oren taking his Sierra Mist to sip at to sate the rumbling in his stomach again. Then Saoirse had to bring up something that happened years ago, which made him somewhat balk, having forgotten all about that until now.

"Maybe she just has a boyfriend already?" he remarked idly, before hurriedly adding on in a practical blurt, not wanting to seem simple-minded. "Or girlfriend!" He wasn't one to judge! All of that was fairly common these days anyway so it seemed. "Which.. I don't think I ever told you of this one woman that I met in a cafe who came up and wanted to talk even though I was reading." It seemed random to think about now but Oren shook it off and went on. "I think she was just lonely but.. we didn't really have much in common. Still, I felt bad to just, you know, ignore her or something.." And he knew he was just too nice a lot of the time. Shaking his head, Oren finally slid the menu away to set off to the side while they waited for the pizza. "There was also that guy that hit on me in the department store and I honestly thought he was catcalling someone behind me but uhhhh.. yeah.. That happened."

Making a face, Oren reached up and set his fingers through his hair idly. "I don't know.. those kind of things just felt so weird to me since, before, I never felt like I had the choice to date anyone." Twisting his lips, he settled his deep browns back onto her, dropping his hand back to the table. "I guess.. kinda.. why I never said anything to Liz.." His eyes glazed over a bit at that. "Then Lincoln showed up and, in a way, that took care of that." He'd gotten over it now, more or less, but it was still clear that the thought of even being hit on seemed strange to him considering not only did most humans back then needed permission to have a romantic relationship but it was pretty taboo in either case for both species. Now it was just... supposed to be magically deemed normal... "Now I just don't even know how to react to that kind of stuff..."

Was it weird that he knew how to react to people in that way before he was basically allowed any romantic involvement with others?
PMEmail
^
Saoirse Blackwood
 Posted on: Apr 22 2017, 12:20 AM

Starling

shipper tracker message

"Ugh, god, yes... that's him," she said groaning. "You just had to remind me of how much of a dork.. and a jerk he could be!" Saoirse said it begrudgingly, but her sad smile had turned into one of genuine fondness as she recalled the many times Jake had either played pranks or just given her comfort. He was a bit of a rock, even if he was a drifter. They could always rely on Jake coming in and out of their homes, always looking a bit roughed up, but honestly, Saoirse had started to wonder if really Jake was doing it, not only for the free food, but to make sure the Blackwoods were all right. The women had never had much luck with love or sometimes even life. At least though, they always ended up having each other, and a certain drifter who came in and out of their lives.

"Yeah, that's entirely possible. He's ridiculously old too.. like, add our ages together, multiply by 10 and add 3 more centuries. So, who knows sometimes what goes on in his head. Honestly, it kind of weirds me out thinking that I have a chance of living even half that long now," she admitted, but waved her hand a little absently as if to dismiss it.

Saoirse saw his cheeks go red, something that was painfully cute, although she'd never tell him that. It was exactly what a guy didn't want to hear: that they were cute. When Oren agreed to come help her, she smiled like a cat who had gotten the cream. "Oh no, I insist. We'll trade 'punishments' but I know you'll end up enjoying it in the end. Hecate will be happy to see you too."

The redhead looked at the glass of water, like a woman who had been stranded on a desert island. Immediately she took to it, sipping at the water from the straw before laughing at Oren's correction. "Yeah, maybe. But girls still look, they don't do anything but if a cute guy is cute, they'll notice. Just like guys notice too." Though Saoirse couldn't begin to dissect the male mind.

"You can tell people no, you know... though I guess, I can't say much. I'm not really sure of a nice way to tell someone to buzz off. Even telling her, 'I came here to read,' sounds a bit like a nasty brush off, doesn't it?" the werewolf mused as she imagined that scene. It didn't sound farfetched at all. She did however almost make a spittake when he mentioned a guy catcalling him. "Wait, really? You never told me about that!"

Saoirse's expression when thoughtful as he started to talk about Liz and dating in general. "I can imagine that would have been a little weird. I mean I know the arrangement between you two, but technically, she did well,"--and Saoirse felt incredibly uncomfortable saying this--"own you. I can't imagine that would have felt easy to bring up if at all..." And then there was Lincoln. Saoirse had to know him. He was part of the pack, and he had been gone by the time the fighting started.

"Don't get me started on Link. He wasn't there while people were dying from my-- from our pack. And he was just gone," her teeth gritted and she looked away, trying to hide her pain from the situation. They were surely a funny pair, the both of them trying to pick up the pieces of their former life. When did they get to have a real break?

The brick oven flared up in the back, as it sometimes did, making Saoirse look back to see the flames before glancing back to Oren. "I think.. you just have to go with what you feel. It's awkward for everyone. I haven't had a boyfriend since college, and that didn't last long. So if it makes you feel better at all, it's not because of being human. . . it's just weird for everyone.

"I turned 33 this year, and don't feel any closer to finding someone either. Maybe we need to go out? Try a bar or something? We can be each other's wingman. Or.. something." She wasn't sure how good she'd be at it, and part of her felt a little awkward suggesting it, but she wanted Oren to be happy. Hell, she wanted to find someone who would make her happy.

--------------------
user posted image
<3 Fenris
PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (4) 1 2 3 ... Last »
Add Reply
New Poll

Plagued PP All of Me TH EF WATS LTMTD Abstruse
NT AFF AFF AFF AFF AFF AFF AFF AFF