Ferocious is an 18+ supernatural and post apocalyptic RP based in the city-state of New Greenwich, Oregon with a rating of 3/3/3. Please register an OOC account then a character account, before applying. The Cbox is guest-friendly, so please feel free to ask any questions!

UPDATES!

6.16 — You've decided! Here's when our next event will be!

6.09 — When should we have our next event? You decide!

6.03 — We have a new skin on the site! Have any feedback? Found a gremlin running around? Let us know HERE!

6.01 — Our winners in the Anniversary Emoji Hunt have been announced. Congrats to everyone!

5.17 — We're one month old! Join the celebration and get a prize!

5.07 — Has your character ever wanted their tarot cards read? Now they can! Sign up HERE

4.22 — Come play real life D&D with your character! Sign up HERE

Wanted Spotlight

The Conclave

Current Event

New Skin!

Character Spotlight

Victoria Blake

Pages: (3) 1 2 3  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

stand by me, @Drew
Elle Anderson
 Posted on: Apr 23 2017, 09:14 PM
age: 61 occupation: Waitress organization: Formerly Resistance posts: 30 gems: 1000

Fen

shipper tracker message

Looking to the address against that was written on the blue post-it note, Elle did her best not to make a face before glancing up to the house that loomed in front of her. She wasn't entirely sure why she felt nervous but it didn't delay her need to set a finger to the doorbell they had, hoping someone was home. She didn't see a car out in the drive way or along the side of the road but knew it was possible that whoever lived here, be it Andrew Wallace or otherwise, may not have one. Taking a deep breath, she stood and waited, looking about idly as the wind swept over head faintly and a few bees buzzed, spring bringing forth all sorts of life after the winter months. When the door opened and her eyes fell on a young-looking man with dark, curly hair and deep brown hues, the mermaid blinked. He wasn't at all description for what Andrew was supposed to look like. Maybe she'd gotten the wrong place?

Just as perplexed, the man asked if he could help her, to which Elle would explain her need to find Andrew Wallace and how she'd found out his address, thus coming here. The man, Oren, as he'd introduced, explained that his housemate was out for the moment but he'd be happy to take a message from her for him. When the fae appeared conflicted and, possibly even disappointed, at having to wait even longer to meet this man, the curly-headed man shifted towards offering her to come in and wait while he gave him a call to see where he was and to inform that he had a visitor if he wasn't busy. Thanking him, Elle headed inside and flashed a quick, warm smile, appreciative of the gesture. After wandering in and taking a look around, she found that the place was rather nice looking for a man who seemed entirely human and if Andrew was as well... How did they even have the money for something like this? Even if it wasn't extravagant, it still held a good deal with being in the Magnolia Quarter.

She took a seat on the couch after Oren gestured for her make herself comfortable in the living room, excusing the slight mess he had, to which Elle didn't seem to mind. It was only just a handful of tech-looking stuff strewn out on the floor by the television and in front of the couch. It almost looked as if he was putting a computer together or something? In the meantime, Oren went off to the far side of the house to make the call to Andrew, seeing what he wanted to do about it all or if he even knew the woman for safety's sake. Two dogs came along almost immediately after she'd settled on the sofa, to which the mermaid distracted herself with, giving them both equally love and attention, affectionately petting their heads and underneath their chins, softly giving words of praise and admiration as to how sweet they were.
PMEmail
^
Andrew Wallace
 Posted on: Apr 25 2017, 11:24 PM
age: 36 occupation: Maintenance Worker organization: None posts: 40 gems: 1300

Starling

shipper tracker message

Andrew was taking some time after work to relax at Common Grounds, the nearby coffee shop with a book he'd gotten from the library. All employees of the educational complex were allowed to check out 10 books at a time from the library, something that Andrew did quite often, as was evidenced by the large stack of tomes on the small, round table that was somewhat rickety from having one leg too short. As he was reaching for his cup of coffee, Andrew felt the table shift, and grunted slightly. Reaching for the napkin dispenser in the busing station at the middle of the table, he grabbed a handful, folded them over and went diving under the table to fix the wobbly leg.

It was of course then that the call came through, making him bump his head underneath and nearly making the coffee go flying. Thankfully he'd asked for it in a to-go cup which meant it was already covered, and he was saved by luck that it didn't go toppling over the side making the hot liquid drip on his head. Fighting off the pain of a goose egg that was surely forming, he reached into his pocket to get his cell phone.

Opening it, he cleared his throat, "Hey, what's up, Oren? I'll be home in like 45 minutes." He listened as Oren described the woman and shook his head, despite the fact that his friend couldn't see. He couldn't recall knowing anyone with that description, nor that name. But maybe she was connected to someone else? Or perhaps a human he had known a while back on the farms, but had forgotten. There were thousands of humans on the farm. It was easy enough that he might have forgotten one or two faces that came to him for help while he'd been distributing Resistance supplies.

"Yeah, I'll be there as soon as I can." To be fair, he was on the other side of the city and he didn't drive a car, so it probably would still take him a half hour to take the bus. He would have taken his bike, but he knew he'd be getting another slew of books today.

After hanging up, he packed up his books, grabbed his coffee and headed for the bus stop. Thankfully he caught it right in time to get on the correct bus line home, and arrived more or less about 30 minutes after he'd hung up the phone.

When he entered the house, the dogs came to greet him, and he grinned happily at them, giving them both pets on the head. He might have gotten one himself, and he was sure Oren would have no problem, would probably help him find one in fact from his work, but Andrew thought two dogs might be enough. Plus he had his hermit crabs. They were more work than he ever could have imagined, and pretty friendly too.

A few steps in and he saw the blonde woman who was sitting on the couch. His room mate had not mentioned that she was pretty much drop dead gorgeous, or that she looked like she'd stepped out of the tv or a casual wear model shoot. "Ah, hello. Oren mentioned on the phone you were looking for me," he said with a smooth voice, "I have to confess, and I apologize if this is not the case, I don't think we've ever met."

Shrugging his bag back over his shoulder again, he offered a hand out to her, "So I suppose I should formally introduce myself: I'm Andrew Wallace. It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance. How can I help?"

PM
^
Elle Anderson
 Posted on: Apr 26 2017, 03:44 PM
age: 61 occupation: Waitress organization: Formerly Resistance posts: 30 gems: 1000

Fen

shipper tracker message

After the phone call, Oren moved off towards the kitchen, setting his device down on the counter and informing Elle that Drew was on his way and she could wait. He also apologized for the overly hyper canines but the woman didn't seem to mind whatsoever as she continued to lavish them with attention. He got her a drink and settled in to accompany her in order to pass the time, the two simply asking this and that to get to know one another. Overall, she seemed like a nice person and whatever tension had been in his body before had easily drained away within all of ten minutes. After some time, they'd hear the door beginning to open, of which Chance and Dova immediately made a dash for the man. The older of the two knew better than to go jumping up on hand legs but Dova was still being trained to refrain, albeit, she was still young and far more excitable than her brother.

Naturally, after they'd gotten their attention from him, they wandered back off towards the living room, where Oren had moved to stand and nodded to Andrew. "Hey," he gave a slight wave to the man then gestured to the dogs. "I'll just take them out into the back yard while you two talk, maybe go on a walk." Smiling, he turned and nodded to Elle. "Was nice talking to you."

"You too," the woman returned sincerely with a warm gaze as she watched him head off through the back slide door, both dogs at his heels. Once all had fallen quiet, Elle looked back to the man and stood from the couch, hands at her waist for the moment. "No, we haven't." Taking his hand, she gave a single, firm yet gentle shake. "Elle Anderson." Dropping her hand back to her side then behind her, holding it at the wrist with the other, she smiled lightly to him. "It's kind of a long story... but I was given your name by a friend." And he also matched the description- sharp features, brown and slightly curled hair, brilliant blue eyes. "A friend of which is... now missing."

She remained standing until allowed to sit again, as per manners that had been pressed upon her strictly all through her youth. "It's been a few years now actually since I've heard anything from him... and he'd told me if I needed anything at any time to, well, go to you." Licking at her lips, she idly rubbed at an arm, a motion that incited a sign of more concern than nervousness. "His name is Michael Wyatt."

And she hoped Andrew here actually knew him otherwise she might seem like a completely crazy person just now...
PMEmail
^
Andrew Wallace
 Posted on: Apr 26 2017, 09:43 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

Andrew had nearly missed Oren in the confusion, and he waved to his room mate. "Thank you," he said sincerely, grateful that his friend had kept the woman company in his stead, which for the curly haired man was probably quite awkward for some time. He didn't blame him. It had been a bit strange when his friend Saoirse had come to visit, though he'd only had to deal with the spunky redhead for a few minutes rather than nearly a half hour. Still, Andrew couldn't help but look at the parallels. This house was seeing far more females now than it had in years.

He was glad they hadn't met. Andrew would have been at least gracious enough to be embarrassed if he had forgotten her, but it seemed that was not the case. Gesturing to the sofa, he gave a silent offering for her to sit, as he went around the other side of the coffee table to take his place on a cushion nearby, keeping an easy distance between them. Setting his bag on the ground near his feet, he listened to her story. He raised his eyebrows at the word she'd been sent to him by a friend. He didn't interrupt her, despite his curiosity though. The man assumed she would get to that soon enough.

"Wyatt. Yeah, I knew Michael. He was one of the few people who escaped the farms before we were released. It was only a few months before we were all let out. . ." Andrew sighed a little, "I told him to wait, to hold out, and that things would have to change, but Michael was stubborn." A bit of a crooked smile came to the man's face before he rubbed at his features with a hand, leaning forward onto his knees and clasping his fingers together as he stared at the wall.

"He said he had to get out. There was someone he had to go find. . . I don't know who it was, or where he ended up though. I was in the farms until the day the opened the gate for us," Andrew explained, his gaze a bit glazed, knowing that it was likely not the answer she wanted to hear.

Michael had been his friend too. They'd been close, maybe even like brothers, but wildly different too. Michael had been like a mule once his mind had been decided, where as Andrew had always been flexible. It'd made the conditions inside the farms nearly unbearable for Mike, especially when he'd come of age. Neither one of them had particularly liked being part of the breeding program, and Andrew believed that both had acknowledged that the women had it far worse, but something like that was enough to break Mike's spirit if he waited too long. Patience had never been his strong suit, and then, something had changed. His mood lightened, his spirit seemed lifted, and whenever he walked it was with a confidence Andrew couldn't name. He was defiant, even to the overseers, and a fire had been lit underneath him.

Andrew remembered the day Michael came to him for help. He wanted him to come with him. Andrew had said no. Part of him had been afraid, but another part of him was afraid for the people inside. They looked to him for supplies, for support, for information even. It may have been hell, but there was no telling what was outside. Michael had been angry at first, storming out, but in the next few days, he'd apologize. Andrew had no choice but to agree to help him.

During one of his warden shifts, where he helped fix things inside of the overseers' main building on the campus, he sneaked out a pair of bolt cutters. That apparently was enough, that and taking advantage of the split in schedules for the guards that the Resistance used to drop goods inside, Michael managed to get out.

"The night he left, the alarms went up, but I don't think the guard caught him. He got out, which I assume you know, since you would have known him after the farms." It was good to know he did make it then, even if he might be missing now.

He wasn't sure how he could help her, but he'd try.
PM
^
Elle Anderson
 Posted on: Apr 27 2017, 04:13 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

She was relieved to hear that he actually did know Michael and that she wouldn't have just been some stranger to show up at his house, seemingly crazy to speak of a man he'd never known or only vaguely knew. As Andrew began to speak of their mutual friend, Elle smiled softly, though it was faint and held a tinge of sadness to it. Thinking about Michael in his farm days brought back the memories of how often they'd spoken through the fence a few times, most of their words muted to only letters written on paper to be passed to and fro. She supposed, in a way, it was medicine for him, to keep him strong and going despite everything that happened to him while in those cold, hard walls. The fact that Andrew had been one of hundreds to have remained in the farms until the day of their liberation though was... heart wrenching.

Her brows rose as he explained the night of Michael's self-made escape. "Yes, I think it was almost a week after he'd gotten out that we'd been able to meet in person," she concurred, nodding gently. "He immediately set himself into the Resistance but he was also looking for someone. I was helping him. It was a woman apparently, one who'd been in the farms for years." Idly, she ran her fingers along the knuckles of her others, eyes glazing over. "Francesca Mendez." Flicking her gaze back to him, she watched to see if the name rung a bell at all in Andrew's mind. "I believe he was in love with her and after she'd been sold, wanted us to keep tabs on her. It's not something we really did, simply because there were so many people who were in similar situations, often of friends and families. I promised him I'd make sure to keep watch on her though. She was in 'good' hands from what I could tell. Didn't seem to ever suffer any abuse or anything. I made a visit once or twice to the house even, posing as a saleswoman, just to be sure. She seemed... happy. I didn't know if I should ever tell him that." Because if it didn't make him relieved that she was in a decent life then it would only just break his heart, right? "Once he was out, he'd wanted to find her but thing's became such a mess in those months that I'm not sure if he ever did."

A frown pressed itself into her features at that. She hoped Michael had been able to get closure on that by some means. Taking a breath, Elle forced herself to focus back on the task as to why she was here rather than take up the man's time with stories. "A lot of people lost contact with one another during the Rebellion. I was apart of the Resistance before it boiled down to those... dimwitted, narrowed-minded barbarians," she explained, voice still soft and light as it'd always been but the words seemed as though they had to be gritted through teeth to be heard while she averted her eyes. Obviously there was some sort of painful recollection there that only brewed when mentioning the more crass and crude part of the Resistance led by Derek Tennenbaum. Once she'd composed herself, the fae looked back Andrew's way. "And Michael was a close friend. After everything happened, I tried looking up records of him to determine what had happened to him but just... found... nothing. I was hoping you'd seen him at some point and would've had a notion as to where he might be or anything he might have said but..."

Obviously that wasn't the case now and she looked to be at a complete and utter loss.

Sighing softly, Elle flashed him a warm smile, encouraging herself not to come off as too upset by it all. "Thank you for your time, Mr. Wallace. I'm sorry for having made you rush home over nothing."
PMEmail
^
Andrew Wallace
 Posted on: Apr 28 2017, 08:58 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

Francesca Mendez. That explained a lot about why he'd had a fire underneath him those last few months. He'd found a woman. Someone he loved. The look in Elle's eyes told him that maybe there had been more there for her, she'd hoped. Or maybe it was just something he was superimposing with his overactive imagination.

What shocked him was the fact that she was so open about her previous involvement with the Resistance. What guarantee did she have that he was sympathetic and not a man without a spine who would go straight to the police and report her? Granted they'd need proof but it was a rather bold chance.

"I appreciate your openness, but I can't help but hope you aren't so open about your previous ties with that organization with every human. Not all of us are sympathetic, despite what many of us went through," he said as a warning, "You have nothing to fear from me though." The dark haired man felt the urge to add on the last, as he didn't want her to think that he would do such a thing. Obviously she was quite brave regardless, to even bring it up, so he doubted it would phase her one way or the other.

He felt bad for her, and a little guilty himself. Had he looked for people he'd lost once he'd been free, yes. But mostly it was formality. It was still hard to get documents on people, and the city was large. Andrew was still learning the ins and outs of living outside the farm, knowing the rules of what he could and could not do. Beyond that, there were plenty of people willing to tell him what they thought he could and could not do. Oren had been somewhat of a guide here, but like Andrew, Oren was not a rule-breaker, and neither one of them pushed the boundaries of what was lawful. They'd finally gotten their freedom, and Andrew wanted it to stay that way.

"You definitely didn't rush me home. I was just putting off going on the bus. The public transportation system is lacking, and it's a bit of a crime that a bibliophile like myself gets car sick when reading a book." He thought about what to say next. He wasn't someone who struggled with words, but rather plucked what he wanted to say from his mind with care. The result was usually something quite eloquent, still, for some reason he found himself fighting to find the right words.

"You look like you might have had a stressful evening. I haven't eaten yet, and I was thinking that perhaps it might be good to go out. What do you say to trying out this new seafood place that opened on the boardwalk? It would be my treat for being a dead end..."
PM
^
Elle Anderson
 Posted on: Apr 29 2017, 04:01 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

The woman gave him a knowing look, matched with a sweet smile as Andrew made his warning that she ought not to be some canary singing so openly of her stances. "If I'd had even the slightest notion that you were an unkind man, Mr. Wallace, I daresay I would have never even bothered to come here," she admitted, though looked appreciative of his confession that he wouldn't oust her so readily like a good deal of others might. Not every human was thankful or like-minded towards the Resistance and its values, as he stated. She was well aware of this fact. "Thank you, though, for keeping the secret."

Even with the Resistance being no more, strictly speaking, there were still those that would do things in its name, be it from Ryder's pocket or Derek's. Michael had told her quite a bit about Andrew and so she'd gotten the sense that he was not a 'bad person.' At the same time, she realized that coming about so easily with her ties to the former organization might put him in a position that he would be uncomfortable with.

"I'm sorry for throwing it out there but... I just felt that you should know who you would potentially be helping even if it is just to find an old friend," Elle explained, pressing her lips to something of a sympathetic and apologetic line. It seemed to be water under the bridge though, so she wouldn't dwell on it for long.

"Oh, well that is a crime," she mused, back to smiling again. "Try going to an apothecary and see if they have what's called 'herring root.' It's a plant from the fae realm but it's been tested tried and true to be safe for humans and it helps with things like dizziness, nausea, and such that lies with motion sickness. Fairly common as well but it may be slightly expensive." One look around his house though, regardless if it was shared with a housemate, and Elle was assured that he could afford it though.

Her brows rose as he mentioned food and seemingly inviting her out to eat somewhere for what was bordering on dinner time. It was an unexpected gesture but one that Elle seemed to think on for a few seconds, recalling she'd not eaten very much herself for the day. If anything, she'd mostly just been snacking rather than sitting down for a real meal. At his suggestion though, the fae smiled then began to laugh a little, hand coming up over her mouth for the sake of modesty. Just as quickly, she dropped it back to her side and composed herself. "That sounds lovely. I'm actually becoming quite famished."

She didn't have the heart to inform him of just how offensive it could be to take a mermaid, of all things, to a seafood restaurant. Not just yet anyway...
PMEmail
^
Andrew Wallace
 Posted on: Apr 29 2017, 04:35 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

Mr. Wallace is what his superiors at work called him, and often it sounded more like an insult coming from their lips than simply a name. Elle said it kindly enough, and meant with respect, but even still it evoked that sense of formality he didn't feel was necessary. "Andrew, please," he said, correcting gently, "And you're very welcome."

He nodded at her apology, not bothering to speak, as he didn't feel it was needed. Andrew wasn't offended, just more concerned with her openness, which seemed to be, at the moment exclusionary to him. In which case, she was welcome to do so. As a human he'd get blamed for plenty, but he'd never done anything illegal outside of the Farms, and his intent was to keep it that way. He had nothing to fear if he was innocent.

"Herring root..." the lanky man repeated, as if trying to commit it to memory. He'd not heard of it, but it was at least something to look into. There was an apothecary actually on the boardwalk as well. . . all sorts of stores had taken up shop there after the rebellion, as plenty of the old owners had moved away. This had left quite the eclectic collection of shops up and down the wooden fairway. Perhaps it would be something to look into on their way back. If it was too much he might just get a small amount and see how much it cost before really diving in. Still if it could help like she said it would, then that would make the bus ride home much better. Once again the brunette nodded his thanks.

Scratching at his cheek he looked around for a moment as though he'd lost something, but more about a thought that occurred to him. The answer would not come through looking about the house though.

"I should apologize. I hope walking to the restaurant is all right. I have a bike, but it's not much of a two-seater," he said to her, feeling a bit like the worst escort ever. Still the walk to the boardwalk wasn't too long and once there, the view was better on foot anyway. It was the beach after all.

"If you're game then, give me a moment to clean up from work, and we can go." He said, waiting for her agreement before getting up and heading to his room. He was still wearing his jumpsuit from work, and he'd been a bit sweaty. Taking a five minute shower, conscious of the time considering there was a lady waiting on him, he changed into a fitted tee and jeans, then popped back out. Andrew hoped at least, that he hadn't smelled bad when he'd come in, but it was entirely possible considering he spent most of the day covered in grease, grime, sweat and very occasionally blood from an injury. The last however was a rare occurrence thankfully.

Coming back out, he offered her a hand to help her off the couch, the gesture more gallant than necessary. "Shall we go then?"

Already in his head he was making a checklist of the easiest path to get there while still making the trip relatively quick. Grabbing his keys and wallet, he opened the door for her and headed outside.
PM
^
Elle Anderson
 Posted on: Apr 30 2017, 04:01 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

"Sorry. Andrew," she corrected with an affirmed nod. It was nice and pleasant name, though she never strayed from being formal until urged otherwise, like now. With all that past, Elle smiled softly, glad that he wasn't seemingly offended in the least with any given notion. He seemed to also consider her suggestion and she hoped that it did help.

After the offer to dinner and her acceptance, the fae would idly tip her head, waiting as he seemed to process his thoughts then make a statement that hadn't quite dawned on her either. "Oh, no that's all right," she said with a shake of her head. A light laugh came as he mentioned his bicycle. "Well, I happened to park my car just down at the corner actually. The silver Mazda?" It wasn't anything all that fancy or the like, just a simple four door that got her around where she needed to be and with enough room for her to carry along whatever she needed for friends or her weekend volunteer work. "Though I don't mind walking if you're more inclined."

It would just get them there and back quicker and the setting sun would be on them in a few hours.

A nod given, Elle would move off to take her seat on the couch again, patiently for the man's return. His housemate was still outside in the back yard, playing with the dogs, who were barking happily and seeming to have a swell time. The tv had been left on, albeit the volume kept low for her visit, so she busied herself with that when not taking in their humble abode. Once she'd returned, he took his offered hand, standing to her feet and giving an appreciative smile. Another nod was given in answer, sweeping herself off to the door only to pause and look back.

"What about your friend?" Was he not going to invite him along or perhaps the man had already eaten? Elle wasn't sure but she would feel abashed to leave him out entirely from the equation when dinner was being sought after. As it stood, it seemed Oren was fine with passing on the invitation, stating he had some 'work to do'. Whether that was true or not, Elle wouldn't think too much on. If anything, the man was simply being polite or perhaps was uneasy to go out with a stranger so quickly to something like dinner. Nevertheless, Elle and the gentleman would make their departure and eventually end up at the restaurant he spoke up.

Walking along the boardwalk, taking in the scenery, sounds, and sights, the woman smile and took in a deep breath of the salt air from the ocean and closed her eyes, relishing it. After a moment, she glanced to Andrew and hoped that didn't seem too strange, almost bashfully tucking a few strands of her light hair behind her ear and smiling to herself. "I like the beach." Rolling a shoulder and canting her head, she thought on how vague that statement really was. "Well... more specifically, the ocean."
PMEmail
^
Andrew Wallace
 Posted on: May 1 2017, 10:41 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

Andrew felt like a fish out of water, no pun intended, but he'd not even realized that Oren was still in the back and had simply assumed he'd gone for the walk like he'd said. Oren apparently did have work to do, or at least had figured that if Andrew had forgotten to even ask him if he wanted to come, it probably was for a reason. He'd make it up to him later. A round of Call of Duty where Andrew would inevitably get his ass kicked by the superior video game player, or maybe he'd do dinner this week on Friday for the both of them.

When they arrived, the wind was coming off strong from the rolling waves, though it seemed that it was safe enough to swim in. They were far enough down from the inlet of the bay where plenty of the industrial ships came in that there was no interference for those who wanted to head off into the ocean. There were also specific channels the ships moved in as there had to be allowances made for pods of sea fae that lived up and down the coast. Ironically, Andrew wondered what it might be like to meet a naiad, a selkie or a person of the merfolk. Perhaps one day he'd be lucky enough, although he had no idea that his lucky day had come.

The sun was bright still as it lowered in the sky, casting an orange and pink across both the horizon and the water underneath it, making the blue-green eyed man squint as he looked off into the distance. Glancing back to his newly met companion, he nodded at her, "There's really something quite beautiful about it, isn't there? Large enough to be nearly incomprehensible, and yet vulnerable enough that humans were actively destroying it before the Blood War with their habits." His gaze had drifted out to it again, as he put his fingers into his pockets.

"I've read that scientists say that we still haven't learned everything about it. That it might be generations and generations more before we explore all of it, especially with the resistance of water fae species," Andrew said, squinting still at the ocean, watching seagulls run around the sand, looking for any kind of crumbs that might have fallen from the boardwalk, or the visitors on the beach. "Not that I blame any of them. Some secrets are meant to be kept," he admitted looking over at her, before spying behind her the apothecary.

"How do you feel about a detour? Terra Flora, I believe, is an apothecary," he said, gesturing behind her, pulling a hand out of his pocket to point, "I feel a bit more comfortable looking for herring root with an expert with me.

"Unless you're too hungry. Obviously, food comes first if that's the case," Andrew added, remembering to be polite.

PM
^
Elle Anderson
 Posted on: May 2 2017, 05:00 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

The woman raised her brows as she was mildly surprised at Andrew's statement. "When did you learn about that?" she inquired curiously, not wanting to flat out tell him that he was far more informed and knowledgeable than most humans on account that such things were never entirely mentioned in anything other than pre-war books. Perhaps he'd been studying up on such things now that the library wasn't wholly barred off from them these years. "No, they haven't. Most equipment before the war was still unable to go anywhere near the deepest depths of it, due to the water pressure and other things."

Something that she was somewhat relieved of on account it was nice to not have everything discovered and known. As one who shared an equally extreme thirst for knowledge, Elle was also content to allow some things to just forever remain a secret. It seemed that Andrew agreed with that, to which she glanced to him sideways and held a slight tug of her lips to one side in admiration for that. Blinking, she turned to see what he meant about a detour. Terra Flora was a place she'd known about and had visited a few times before. They had wonderful lotions and the like for the skin, as she detested ever feeling 'dried out', perhaps due to her being water-born.

"Of course. I don't think it'd take us very long anyway," the woman said with a simper as she started off in that direction. "They have quite a few interesting items and for practically anything body related. Remedies for chronic migraines, herbal teas to help you sleep or feel energized or even to just relieve stress, natural bath bombs that are supposed to help your skin stay clear and young." Of which she had tried only a few times but it was always fairly difficult for her to actually have a bath... for one specific reason in that it wasn't quite large enough to really enjoy. "My favorite is their natural shampoo though."

Which came in many scents, mostly floral or fruity, and it always made her hair extremely shiny and soft, as well as volumed and her scalp actually felt leagues cleaner than what most shampoos did.

Once inside, she turned to glance back at Andrew and tipped her head. "Would you like to look around first?" Considering the check out counter was where they had their herbs and medicines stored behind it all as to keep idle or curious hands safely away from them. "Have you ever been in an apothecary shop before?"

For if it was all new to him, it might be fun and entertaining for him to just browse.
PMEmail
^
Andrew Wallace
 Posted on: May 3 2017, 10:57 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

Andrew opened the door for her as they headed toward Terra Flora, letting her enter first before following her. He listened to her describe the items in the store, as it seemed as though she was quite knowledgeable when it came to what they would offer. He was not so foolish as to simply dismiss it as something "girly" though the interior was done mostly in what some would call French Country. Everything seemed to be in white painted wood, some of it distressed, and plenty of flowers, both fake and real accentuating the different displays. The store itself seemed to be wafting a gentle smell of peonies and jasmine, and the inside was relatively busy for what Andrew expected for an apothecary. Then again, as she'd mentioned, the place carried all sorts of beauty and health products.

"Uh, no, I can't say that I have," he said in response, glancing about, then back down to her. She seemed rather enthusiastic about the place, and he was curious, so he nodded to her question, letting her lead, while he trailed a few paces behind, his hands clasped behind his back as he walked.

"Your question earlier, about how I knew about the ocean," he said after a few moments, bringing back the conversation, "I've recently become acquainted with the idea of a library. I find myself there nearly every day after work. I read fast, though I'm unsure how out of date some of my knowledge is..." He could admit that as many topics, such as space travel, deep sea discovery and other items seemed to have been more popular to write about before the Blood War. Afterwards, there was less exploration and more focus on survival, not that Andrew would blame anyone for that. Still, he drank up any knowledge he could, and beyond the books, he'd also research online, thanks to Oren's lightning fast internet speed, he never had to worry about not knowing an answer to something for long. It was good for his curious nature.

His eyes traced over the various products, most of which he imagined he wouldn't have need for. There was in one corner, a sink which was surrounded by tester items that he assumed were available for anyone to try. "What scents do you prefer?" He asked as they passed by the lotions, perfumes and soaps. The tall man tried to pretend he wasn't entirely lost in the shop, but even looking around he seemed to stick out like a sore thumb among all the women. That didn't mean they were ostracizing him though. Plenty seemed to give looks of approval as though he was a brave and patient man to come inside while his partner was shopping.

Andrew simply smiled at them when any of their eyes met his and nodded politely in acknowledgement, before turning back to look at Elle. He did spot something though out of the corner of his eye, his brows raising and making a bit of a detour. The item was hard plastic, colored an embarrassingly-bright pink with a handle that had four little arms that ended in balls coming off of it. "What... is this?" He asked Elle as he lifted it, turning it around, and tilting his head, looking much like Dovah when she was staring at her owner.
PM
^
Elle Anderson
 Posted on: May 4 2017, 05:20 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

Elle smiled wide and warmly at that, glad to hear that he was a man bent on broadening his horizons when they had, otherwise, been gated off for all this time. "Libraries are wonderful things. There's nothing quite like having a real book in your hands to settle with some tea and a quiet corner." Such as she enjoyed, obviously. Books were something of an insistence that she kept around, even if there was plenty of works digitally formatted to be had on a laptop or tablet. Elle herself just liked the feel of the actual thing, though perhaps that was due to her sentimental side. "Well, the good thing is, now there are no limits and fact over fabricated fiction can be had."

As they walked along the aisles of the place, she'd idly touch this or that, inspecting the labels on some things, especially the finer print. One thing in particular that she paid attention to were the ingredients used in much of anything, as not everything was fae, much less merfolk, friendly sometimes. Often enough, people just weren't aware or didn't think of it when formulating soaps, lotions, and other body care products.

"Oh, ah," she took a moment to think, caught somewhat off guard by the inquiry, "Coconut and lime, jasmine, green apple, cherry blossom, mango, they have one thing called 'rain kissed leaves' that's very nice, white tea and ginger." There were likely a few others but ones of which didn't come to mind right now while she observed the man, noting his interactions with the other women about the shop. As he seemed to take interest in something though, Elle stepped over, hand trailing away from the bottle of soap she'd been looking at. While he turned it this and that way in his hand, the fae woman grinned a bit, offering her hand as to take it from him. "It's a massager." Taking him by the shoulder gently, she urged him to turn about so that his back was facing her and set the item in between his shoulder blades with a firm press to start working about in a slow circle about his back and even up to his neck on occasion. "You use it like this, though obviously it takes another person. It's good for working out the lesser tightness in your muscles." Tipping her head, Elle shifted her gaze from her task and up to the profile of his face, looking curious. "Does that feel good?"

As it was supposed to though she could see how it might otherwise not. For all intents and purposes, it could feel extremely strange and, after a moment, she drew her hand away, continuing to hold the item while he processed the sensation. "Normally good to do it for about a half an hour. Keeps any knots from actually building up into something worse that a masseuse might have to work out themselves."
PMEmail
^
Andrew Wallace
 Posted on: May 4 2017, 07:36 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

He listened to the scents she preferred and found that he was nearly bowled over. There were so many, and some were quite strange. Coconut and lime? That sounded more like a drink to him than a scent. Rain kissed leaves? Rain had a smell, but he doubted most women wanted to put it on their skin, though he was fond of the smell of the world when it had been drenched. The air would feel heavy, saturated with water, but everything was green, such a bright green, that it felt like the world was reborn. In the forests, there would be a slight musky scent from the underbrush, but the pines of the woods would mix in with it to make a unique scent that was accentuated by the salty air of the sea if you were close enough to the coast.

Andrew found himself reminiscing and brought himself back. It was a habit for him to daydream even when someone might be talking to him, and it was one that would often get him in trouble. "And a favorite if you had to pick one or two?" He asked lightly, continuing the conversation as if to show he hadn't checked out while she was speaking. In the back of his head he'd cataloged what she'd said though, he'd just also been. . . multitasking.

When she turned to him at his query, she was smiling, and he found he didn't feel so embarrassed of not knowing something if Elle happened to be smiling at him like that. "A massager?" the tall man repeated, feeling a bit like a parrot who can do nothing but repeat what someone else says. At her gentle touch, he turned and let her use the item on him. He was shocked that the plastic massager could feel so good on his back despite being hard and inflexible. In reflex, he hunched his back a bit, as if sticking it out for her to more easily work around while attempting not to make any kind of embarrassing noise.

"Ah. . . yes," Andrew responded, trying not to laugh as it even tickled a little in a strange way around his elbows. "It does, but you might need to stop so that we don't have more people staring at me when I start making embarrassing noises." He gave her a bit of a smirk over his shoulder before pulling away. It probably felt even better to him, as a person who was consistently bending over, or squeezing into small spaces at work, his muscles were constantly abused, but they were used to it. He was nearly forty and his earlier years had not been kind to him. Occasionally his knee would give out, and the lash scars on his back would ache when a bad storm would come. He couldn't explain why but he just always knew.

"Ah well, then I think I might just have to get it, as I definitely don't have time for a masseuse to give me a once over," he chuckled, feeling like only people who were really well to do must have a masseuse. "Though I wish they'd have a different color than bright pink." She said that it needed another person but maybe he could just reach around to massage his back. He didn't think he'd be able to keep it up for a half hour but it'd feel good for a bit after a particularly intensive day at work.

"Shall we go ask for Herring Root? I don't want to interrupt your perusing. Do they have the shampoo you like?" See, he managed to listen and catalog the things he heard. Once she was done looking around he headed up to the counter which currently had someone checking out in front of them. He held up the massager peering at it. "Don't you think it's strange that something so hard can relieve tightness in the muscles?" He supposed that pressure applied in the right places was exactly what massaging one, but it seemed like you were more likely to get bruised instead of relief.

PM
^
Elle Anderson
 Posted on: May 5 2017, 06:59 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

"I suppose the rain kissed leaves and the white tea and ginger," Elle said with amusement, realizing she'd probably listed off more than he'd needed to know but he'd asked! Giggling a little, she went on to show him how the masseger worked and was glad that he seemed to like it. Others might have deemed it strange. The fact that he was even hunching into it made her grin a bit. Yep, a sure sign that he was probably sold on it and the shop had just gained itself one more customer. Magdalena would be proud!

"I don't think they'd blame you," she mused with a smirk as it was handed over. They moved on their way and Elle took a few bottles of this and that in hand. She'd not grabbed a basket, if only to keep her from going too crazy with her purchases given that she only had so much money that would span her for the week. "They usually do but there's nothing wrong with pink." It was a nice color on the right occasion. Nodding, Elle followed him off to the counter and waited in line while a customer was dealt with ahead of them. "They do!"

Holding one of the bottles up, she showed it to him. In a way, it looked like mud, which was fairly comedic for first-time triers she was sure but something about it too just made it all the more of a 'natural' product. "A little, yes, but given its design, it also makes sense."

Chuckling some, she stepped up to the counter as it came to be their turn, in which Elle asked for an ounce of herring root, which would be something of a sample for Andrew when he used it, just to be sure there was no ill side effects or that it would even work for him. "You can drink it in tea or add it into a sauce with a light meal. Should do the trick just fine."

Handing over her items to be scanned as well, Elle turned to tug her purse out and started to pay for it, already glancing up to the man. "I don't mind covering it. It's the least I can do after all for intruding on your day." Of course, she was slightly teasing with the last part but considering she was making this suggestion to him, it only seemed fair she ought to front it for him on the off chance he didn't like it. "Take it as a gift."
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Pages: (3) 1 2 3 
Closed
New Poll

Plagued PP All of Me TH EF WATS LTMTD Abstruse
NT AFF AFF AFF AFF AFF AFF AFF AFF