Ferocious is an 18+ supernatural and post apocalyptic RP based in the city-state of New Greenwich, Oregon with a rating of 3/3/3. Please register an OOC account then a character account, before applying. The Cbox is guest-friendly, so please feel free to ask any questions!

UPDATES!

12.7.2017 - We need your help! Let us know what kind of plot you want to see in the upcoming year Here!

11.6 - Our annual Halloween celebrations have drawn to a close. Remember to claim your bonuses and be the on the lookout for our next event soon.

10.16 - We're SIX MONTHS OLD! Thankyou everyone who has joined us for this fantastic ride so far, there shall be many, many more! <3

10.8 - NEW EVENT! It's that time of the year, Trick or Treat Ferocians!

10.1 - Halloween month announcement! Please take a read HERE

9.15 - Everyone loves a bargain? Wanted Spotlights and Character Spotlights now cost less gems! Take a peek Here.

9.15 - WE NEED YOU! (And your opinions). Movie night is looking for new days & times that suit YOU Click Me.

8.8 - A mysterious murder has taken place at the Unity Monument! Details HERE.

7.29 - Event update #3! Enter to win a piece of artwork from Pinky! Details HERE.

7.19 — Event update #2! A fae section has been open to the public in the zoo with necessary precautions set in place!

7.09 — Event update #1! Have your character sponsor an animal! Find out more HERE!

7.08 — Our first event is up! Come learn about the New Greenwich tradition of the Summer Gala HERE!

7.03 — Our second movie night is Wednesday 7.12. Suggest a movie HERE!

6.24 — Our first movie night is Wednesday 6.28. Suggest a movie HERE!

6.16 — You've decided! Here's when our next event will be!

6.09 — When should we have our next event? You decide!

6.03 — We have a new skin on the site! Have any feedback? Found a gremlin running around? Let us know HERE!

6.01 — Our winners in the Anniversary Emoji Hunt have been announced. Congrats to everyone!

5.17 — We're one month old! Join the celebration and get a prize!

5.07 — Has your character ever wanted their tarot cards read? Now they can! Sign up HERE

4.22 — Come play real life D&D with your character! Sign up HERE

Character Spotlight

Magdalene Dornbos

Add Reply

Watch me Burn, Tag: Elle
Andrew Wallace
 Posted on: Oct 20 2017, 02:29 PM
age: 36 occupation: Maintenance Worker organization: None posts: 66 gems: 2450

Starling

shipper tracker message

September 2270

There wasn't much that was strange about Andrew working a late shift. He did it often enough when there were extensive projects that the maintenance crew needed to make sure were done. Once or twice he'd even spent the night so that he could get to work before his boss came in the next morning. He didn't particularly like to do that, considering that he was usually pretty rank by the time the next morning came around. Sometimes he could sneak into the athletics department and use the showers if absolutely necessary.

It was one of the nice things about working at a university: just about everything you needed in order to live was available there. Still, it wasn't his preferred method of living.

Thankfully, tonight was not so much about physical strain but instead a time deadline. He'd promised Elle that he would try to sneak into the offices to see if there were any records on Michael regarding his disappearance. He might have exaggerated a bit about his proficiency in such things, but really at this time of night it couldn't be too hard, particularly when he had keys to just about every room in the entire complex. Sometimes it made him wonder if they thought humans were too stupid to do anything sneaky, or if they really just trusted him that much. If the latter, he felt slightly bad, but if the former, than he wasn't too worried about what he was about to do. He new at least the former was how his boss felt anyhow...

It was 1 in the morning now, and only adult classes were ongoing. The office had a skeleton crew if anything, and was usually located in a different wing since the university was still busier during the day than at night. The computers in the main office would be unguarded then. He made his way to the office, taking a look, seeing that it was indeed dark, only half the lights on in the hallway itself to make sure that energy was conserved, but that janitors were able to see their work while they cleaned.

He reasoned to himself that this was not just to impress a girl, but rather that Michael had been his closest friend as well. He'd been a bit ashamed when a stranger had come by to tell him that Michael had gone missing. He'd passed Andrew's mind but he'd just assumed he'd escaped and been with the Resistance or laying low. It'd never occurred to him that possibly he'd be in trouble. But perhaps here he could find out something more.

Pulling out the list of names, he glanced about, glad to see that the camera was thankfully turned towards the wall, the way he'd placed it earlier this afternoon in an attempt to look as though he'd bumped his arm on it while replacing a light bulb. Quickly, Andrew slid behind the desk that featured the receptionist's computer and hit one of the buttons to get it to start up.

A couple of well aimed glances earlier today had also scored him the password to the computer which he bypassed easily. It took thankfully only a few moments to figure out the system, after all it had to be easy enough for the less tech savvy receptionists to figure out how to use it. He felt a bit bad for Dorene and how he was doing this to her computer.

Six names down and he'd only found two matches. Scribbling down the info on the pad, Andrew turned off the computer, only to hear the sound of women coming down the hall. From the sounds of it, it seemed like it might be some drunk college students.

Andrew grimaced, knowing there was only one way out, before sticking himself under the desk and not moving at all.

"Oh my God, Tricia, are you sure the files will actually say that here? How can you even get into the computers?"

"Pffbt. Kirstie, my grandma worked here for ages. Told me they never even change the passwords. Give me two seconds, and I'll be in there to find Fat Matt's records." There was great deal of giggling and Andrew had to keep himself from sighing.

When 5 minutes turned into 20, Andrew started to eye his phone desperately. Eventually there was no other choice, with a quick scroll through his contacts he found Elle.

Quickly he typed, "Need help... stuck under main office desk. Don't call!"

There had been very few times he'd felt as ridiculous as he did now as he stared the bare calves of at least 5 girls that were at eye level as he was scrunched under the desk.

@Elle Anderson
PM
^
Elle Anderson
 Posted on: Oct 24 2017, 04:40 PM
age: 61 occupation: Waitress organization: Formerly Resistance posts: 64 gems: 850

Fen

shipper tracker message

She'd been pulling a late shift and the fatigue was starting to set in as the end of it neared. It was around the time that one would gradually start glancing at the clock and willing the handle to go by faster as a means of being able to head home and pull one's shoes off, maybe bask in the shower and just nurse on a glass of wine to decompress from everything. It seemed fortune for Elle, however, that a certain text buzzed to her phone, kept on silent throughout her work hours. After she'd delivered two plates to a couple at the diner counter, she'd moved off to the back in order to check it. Brows rose as she saw it from Andrew and what he'd stated exactly. Stuck under a desk? That didn't sound good.

Biting at her lip, she glanced around to make sure no one had spotted her using her phone, given that the manager was pretty strict on when employees could be on them, which was potentially only ever during breaks or utterly slow times. Right now, they didn't have all too many customers, but she hurried along with texting back, "Are you at the university?"

Was he doing the digging tonight? She felt something in her chest flutter, a bit close to panic, but after a steady breath calmed her down, Elle pocketed the phone and moved back behind the counter again. She grabbed a pot of coffee and moved off to ask one customer then another if they needed refills. From there, she set it back to the pot and moved off to the back office, lightly knocking on the door.

"Hey Joe," she greeted the older man sitting there at his desk, going over payroll most likely. "Would it be okay if I took off early? I'm not feeling so great.. I think something's up with my stomach." She twisted her lips a bit, making herself look poorly. Rarely did Elle ever duck out of her shifts early and, if anything, she was always willing to fill in for people, needing all the money she could get.

The older man sat there a moment, thinking, then nodded. "Wipe down whatever tables are left first then you can clock out."

"Thanks," she told him with a weak smile. Turning, she moved to finish that as quickly as she could, headed to the back to put away her name tag and apron to her cubbie then headed out to the parking lot as to get into her car after telling her fellow employees good night.

She made for the university as quick as she could, parked as close to the main office as she was able and swiftly headed in through one of the doors. It didn't take her long to see the gaggle of drunken college students there, hanging out by the desk and giggling while sloppily trying to do whatever it was with the computer. One of them had nearly knocked over the nearby chair there and they were all caught into a fit of giggles. Keeping herself just around the corner, pressed against the wall, Elle thought for a moment, struggling to come up with a good distraction as to how to lure them all away from the desk without doing anything too wild. She'd already filled that quota for the year given her improvisation at the aquarium after all.

After a moment, she slipped back outside, looking around the ground for something in particular- an animal. Any would do really but when she came across a raccoon, Elle had decidedly thought she would've preferred something more like a cat. No matter though. She was able to nudge it to follow her along into the compound again then pressed herself against the wall just around the corner from the main desk, while the raccoon went on, sniffing about and gradually just making its way as though trying to find food. With any luck, these ladies weren't the keenest on wildlife and, hopefully, they wouldn't do anything more than just scream and flee at the sight of the giant rodent-like creature.
PMEmail
^
Andrew Wallace
 Posted on: Nov 15 2017, 09:05 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

Andrew was beginning to lose all hope of ever escaping by the time the conversation changed abruptly.

"Staci! Oh my God! It's a cat. Look at how cute it is. It's got it's own little mask," one of the girls fawned over the chittering creature. "Here kitty, kitty!" The girl said as she came around the edge of the desk bending down to offer her hand out to it.

"Becca, you are soooo stupid," the girl presumably named Staci said in response, "That's not a cat it's like.. one of those rodent things. Oh my gawd, I shouldn't have had that last shot. Ummm. . ."

Andrew thought about the things he wanted to do in his life. There were so many things, and mostly not going to prison for allegedly looking up drunk girl's skirts was on that list. Especially not drunk girls who were this idiotic. Not that there level of intelligence one way or another would have changed his desire to be stuck under a desk and conspiring to see their panties or lack there of.

"A raccoon. You are all idiots," one of the other girls said with a flip of her hair. Andrew wanted to know if somehow he'd stepped into one of the hundreds of films that Oren had on his wall that had ridiculously stereotypical sorority girls on it. Andrew didn't think most girls were this way, but he prayed to whatever deity might be listening that they were stupid enough to follow the poor raccoon away. In the back of his head, he was wondering what a raccoon was doing inside of the school, and vaguely he realized that it might have been his job to get the raccoon out. Was that part of his job description?

The gaggle of girls continued around the edge of the desk freeing Andrew from his spot which allowed him to crawl out, but they were still blocking the door, and even worse, it seemed now they were nearly approaching an angle where they would see Elle in plain sight.

The raccoon at this point seemed to have seen the girls though, and chittered at them curiously, and Andrew was beginning to wonder how a mostly nocturnal creature which was afraid of humans had wandered into a university.

PM
^
Elle Anderson
 Posted on: Nov 20 2017, 05:01 PM
age: 61 occupation: Waitress organization: Formerly Resistance posts: 64 gems: 850

Fen

shipper tracker message

She stood there and listened to the young women's reactions, surprised that they were even staying in one place considering most likely would have just screamed and ran. It seemed that plan wasn't working and, for a moment, Elle debated on 'nudging' the animal to act appallingly in order to elicit that kind of reaction. Doing so might put the poor thing in danger however, especially in the drunken state of mind of the girls and how they might mistreat the creature out of fear or self-defense. As they neared in on her along the hall, Elle would glance about and move off just a few feet to continue to try and keep herself out of sight. Fortunately, it didn't seem like she'd have to go with any other kind of plan B considering one of the girls actually pulled their phone out to either record or take a photo of the raccoon, mentioning Instagram, while bending over to get a good shot of the creature. In that moment, Elle willed it to slowly move up, as though to sniff the device, only for it to snatch it at the last second, turn, and run off down the hall.

A number of the girls had let out a shriek or noise along those lines at the sudden movement before the phone owner wailed that she couldn't 'lose another one.' The moment she took off after the raccoon, all the others seemed to fall in line with her, heading off down the hall and around the corner farther down to the right, where the raccoon had disappeared past. The mermaid waited a moment, listening intently, to ensure that they'd gone before stepping out and glancing about the hall. It was all clear and she was left to wander off towards the main office desk, tucking a few locks of hair back behind her ear while calling out, though keeping her voice down close to a whisper of, "Andrew?"

With any luck, the raccoon would not only keep the students busy but also keep them off track of returning here to the main desk, at least in so far as long as it may take for Andrew to be in the clear. When he came into view, Elle stood up straighter and looked to him with genuine concern. "Are you all right?" she asked, her brows slightly rising in question. How long had he been cramped down there under that desk? The more she thought about it though, the more Elle couldn't help but be somewhat amused and actually smile as she began to find the whole thing a bit hilarious. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't laugh." Though she'd barely even made so much of a giggle. "We should go before anyone shows up."

Be it the squad of drunken ladies or whoever else that might still be here at this time of night.
PMEmail
^
Andrew Wallace
 Posted on: Dec 5 2017, 11:57 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

"Thank you," he said sincerely to her, not minding that she was laughing. In fact, he was pleased that she was laughing and not angry with him. It was possible that he could have gotten both of them into trouble if things had gone sideways. All it would have taken was one accusation from one of the girls that he had done something shady and he could have lost his job, and possibly the chance to work in many other places if charges were brought against him. Although, if any of them had, they'd also have to explain why a gaggle of them were in the main office drunk in the first place. . . Either way he was grateful to her.

He led the way out, glancing over to Elle as they left. "Were you behind the raccoon?" He asked her curiously, not even sure how he had had such luck. "And was it actually a raccoon?" Honestly the girls had been so drunk that he would have probably guessed they were actually looking at a cat and not a raccoon. It was entirely possible though that Elle hadn't seen.

Thankfully, it didn't take them long to get out into the courtyard. "My bike's locked up this way," he pointed in the opposite direction from where she seemed to be leading, "but I found two matches from the names you gave me." Giving her the pad he'd scribbled the names, phone numbers and addresses on.

"Looks like one of them was a very recent student. I'm not sure if either of them have up to date information though. Terrence looks to have graduated last year though, so unless he moved right away we might be able to catch him." He paused for a moment, thinking they might part ways now that she'd rescued him, and she seemed to be parked away from his bike. "I'm glad at least I was able to find a couple on your list. When I went through the first four and found nothing, I was starting to wonder if it had been a fool's errand."

At least with this, despite the trouble he might have caused, they actually had a lead on finding their friend.

PM
^
Elle Anderson
 Posted on: Dec 7 2017, 04:21 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

Eventually her soft laughter became even quieter until it had faded away entirely, her hands falling away to her sides and gradually behind her back. As they made their way to the exit, Elle couldn't help but still smile with amusement but also with a certain kind of warmth. "I was, yes," she admitted, nodding and appearing fairly sheepish at the confession. "Yes, it was actually a raccoon." Another bubble of a giggle came. "My kind are able to influence animals on a certain telepathic level of a kind of suggestion, I guess you could say, or influence even. I simply urged it to follow me into the building and to.. well.. steal one of those girls' phone since they didn't leave in a hurry like I thought they might have."

Simpering a bit, Elle bowed her head, a few locks of hair falling away into her face as she thought back to the scene. It had been somewhat entertaining but she hoped the raccoon was all right now. No doubt it had let go of the phone at this point and scampered itself away off into the bush or up a tree. As they came to the courtyard, she glanced over to where Andrew was mentioning his bike then back to him, nodding, only to suddenly appear intrigued as Andrew mentioned the list she'd given him. Two names off of it had certainly been better than none.

"That's good," she said with a breath, though it felt somewhat hitched in her lungs as though it was difficult to let go of. Curling her hands at her sides into near fists, the mermaid attempted to shy away from the sudden wave of uncertainty washing over her. What if neither one knew anything about Michael or had anything to give as to his possible whereabouts? What if neither one could even be found these days? Rather than deject herself before really getting started, Elle pressed a smile his way, this one forced despite attempting to appear as sincere as she would have wanted. "Thank you. This.. means a lot. And I'm sorry you nearly got in trouble for it all."

The fae appeared apologetic as she gazed his way, running a hand along her arm and back down again. "I feel like I should.. owe you dinner or something in return for doing it at all." Especially when he didn't have to but she knew Andrew had stated that this was for their friend, no payment necessary, when first discussed. "Honestly, I'm not sure how you manage to get any kind of late night work done here at all if those girls are any indication of what you have to deal with." She mused slightly, peering back from where they'd came then back to him, head tipped off to one side. "Are you sure you're all right?"

After all, he was a very tall man that had been pressed under a very short desk for who knew how long.
PMEmail
^
Andrew Wallace
 Posted on: Dec 12 2017, 09:23 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

Andrew stopped for a moment and just kind of stared at her when she admitted what she'd done. "You asked a raccoon to steal a phone?" He looked shocked, and then he just laughed. "First crazy goats and now a raccoon thief. We have some of the strangest interactions with animals, though I suppose now we have a bit of an explanation. We ought to stop running into each other like this." It was natural to tease her it felt like, but she took it in stride always, which was nice. He'd never intend to offend her obviously. He smiled as he listened to her laugh; it really was a pleasant sound.

"I'm sorry I got you nearly in trouble too. I shouldn't have called you, but I'll admit I panicked. The last thing I wanted was to be accused of looking up some college girl's skirt... Which I didn't!" He protested immediately in case that idea had crossed her mind. "There was just no good explanation for coming out from under the desk without getting implicated of something rather demeaning."

He looked puzzeld when she said she owed him dinner. "No, no, please. You don't owe me anything. I wanted to get involved. If you want to go get some dinner, then we can do that though. I'm actually pretty hungry. Too bad there's no funnel cakes anywhere, I'm always craving them now after the one we shared." It was probably a good thing though because he would be the size of a house at this point if he could eat them as often as he wanted.

He scratched at his scruff and shrugged a bit ungracefully as she mentioned she didn't know how he got work done. "Sometimes it astounds me too, but mostly it's just kid stuck in the boiler room making out that interrupt me rather than a whole gaggle of sorority girls." He laughed once more as she asked if he was all right. "I promise, I'm fine. I'll need to stretch out tonight maybe a little bit more than normal but I'm no worse for wear." He had to climb into small spaces all the time anyhow. Ventilation ducts, basements, and more were all places that Andrew often had to duck or squeeze himself through to make sure a job was done. There was no way his bulbous bellied boss was ever going to fit himself through after all.

"So what do you think? Should we go out for some dinner? I'm uh, not really dressed for anything fancy," he said as he looked down to his jumpsuit. Underneath was his normal clothes, but it might be a bit awkward if he just stripped down in front of her. "Or we could just get some coffee if you wanted?"

PM
^
Elle Anderson
 Posted on: Dec 15 2017, 05:27 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

She laughed a bit more at his playful jab, find it all quite amusing that they did seem to end up with an odd mix of animals into their meetings. After a moment though, she shook her head, gaze warm and urging for him to not apologize. "No, please, if you ever need me for anything, don't hesitate to call, really." As she couldn't fathom knowing that he could have been left hiding under a desk all night or, worse, found out and accused of something demeaning enough to have his job taken over. "I understand completely." He didn't seem the sort really to be that kind of pervert, not that she'd wagered anyway. "I'm glad you texted me to help get you out of that kind of mess."

Her smile was back, encouraging and pleasant as ever. She was glad to be able to help however she could, even if her abilities or options were often limited. It was good to know that a raccoon stealing a phone could warrant a mass exodus at least. At the offer of dinner, Elle simpered widely and mused how modest he was being. It was a sincere and admirable trait. "I'm afraid they're out of season but I think I know of a fair substitute." Another light chuckle came as he mentioned what his day to day often was and it came as no surprise really. She nodded in agreement, saying nothing further as to the extent of his health, mental or physical. "I know of a few places were fancy isn't a requirement."

Grinning slightly, Elle teased a bit as she looked him over and back again. "I take it you'll probably need to change? I can meet you out on the street parking?" She wasn't sure if he had a car or what his means of transportation had been for the night but, either way, they'd get to where they needed to go together she was sure. "Don't hurry on my account though. I'm off work and don't have anywhere to be, promise."

And it'd be a while yet before she'd find herself yawning to the point of deciding to throw herself in bed.

Heading off to her car, Elle waited for Andrew to do whatever it was that needed to be done so he could make his clean getaway from the complex without much guilt beyond his awkward situation with the sorority girls. Meanwhile, she thought of the two names mentioned from the list she'd given him, gaze a bit solemn while it stared off at the steering wheel. Would either of them know anything useful to share about Michael or would it simply be another dead end? She did her best not to let her heart feel too heavy as she looked up just in time to see Andrew there, passing a smile off to him quickly.

Within several minutes, Elle had pulled up to a place that mostly served breakfast, though had other typical items on its menu if that wasn't desired, such as burgers, steaks, and salads. It only had a few customers with it being this late of an hour but the moment she had came inside, one of the waitresses gave her a wave and hello. She'd came here often enough to be known by face and name, along with her own particularly chosen booth, which was tucked off not quite in the corner but in the back, usually far away from too much chatter or clatter. Taking her seat, she set her purse aside next to her and rested her arms atop the table while Maurice, the waiter for their table, came along to ask what they'd like to drink.

"A peppermint hot chocolate for me, thank you," was her answer before she turned her sights onto Andrew. Once Maurice had what he needed, he left them to look over the menu, of which Elle herself hadn't so much as glanced at considering she likely already knew what she wanted. "I come here after work most of the time to catch up on some reading," she admitted, smiling softly. "Allows me to kind of decompress before going home to see to chores and everything before bed."

Reaching over, she took a paper-propped display to set between them in show of what was on one of the two sides- a pastry that looked quite a bit like funnel cake though with a choice of filling to it, sprinkled with powdered sugar. The substitute that she'd mentioned before.
PMEmail
^
Andrew Wallace
 Posted on: Jan 23 2018, 11:46 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

"Even though it could have gotten you in a lot of trouble?" He asked in response, a bit of a regretful tone to his voice. They might have been in this together, but he didn't want her to have to suffer for his foolish attempt, especially when he might have agreed to help her, not only out of fraternal worry for his friend, but also possibly to impress her a bit too. Getting her into trouble was the exact opposite of what he wanted to do. Though if she'd had ties to the Resistance, getting into trouble might have been what she liked to do, provided the cause was good. Sometimes, Andrew wasn't sure he was a good cause, and perhaps that was the root of the issue.

When she mentioned changing he looked down at himself and shrugged. "Changing kind of means just unzipping the jumpsuit," he said, undoing the zipper to show a fitted black tee underneath. He was wearing jeans for pants too. "So uh, give me a minute." And with very little ceremony, he started unzipping the jumpsuit and pulling himself out of it. Thankfully he wasn't too sweaty that evening, and once he'd managed to get the zippers pulled up near his feet, and his boot clad feet out of the pants, he was left with a balled up garment in his hands that was his jumpsuit.

"Changing done." He proclaimed, folding up the jumpsuit, somewhat haphazardly, but better than the mess it had been a moment ago. His wallet was in the back pocket of his jeans too, so he didn't need to go grab anything. Instead, he followed after the mermaid politely, asking where he could put the jumpsuit when he entered her car. He could drop her off later at the university so he could pick up his bike. The human made a mental note to not forget the jumpsuit which was currently folded on her backseat.

When the ride had completed, Andrew saw that they were actually arriving at a restaurant he knew pretty well. Once or twice he'd been here with Oren, as it wasn't super overpriced and had good food of all kinds really. It seemed that Elle was at least somewhat known here, as she greeted one of the waitresses. Idly, he wondered if the waitresses in the city had some kind of network where they all knew each other or--his rational brain chimed in suddenly--she just came here a lot.

"A tea for me would be fine," Andrew said with a smile to the man whose nametag proclaimed him to be called Maurice.

It didn't take long for the mystery to be solved as Elle confessed she came to the restaurant often. "Oren and I have been here quite a few times actually, or really more like once or twice, but it's always been good." He glanced at the promotional stand up frame that the mermaid held between her fingers. "Ah, but I don't think we ever noticed that. For dessert then? Unless you want to have that for dinner." Honestly he could probably do both, but the picture of the burger on the front of the menu was calling to him strongly.

When the waiter came back for their drinks, he took their food order, and disappeared once more to the less than bustling kitchen. "I think we always came here for breakfast though when it's a lot busier. Have you ever tried their mimosas?" It might have been a bit girly, but those drinks could give a whopping pop to you if you weren't careful. Andrew never had them before a work day.

PM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply

RPG-D PP All of Me TH EF BI NT UB R&R WL WLWB DWFNO FE M&M Black Sun Rising A Murder of Crows Wait & Bleed