Ferocious is an 18+ supernatural and post apocalyptic RP based in the city-state of New Greenwich, Oregon with a rating of 3/3/3. Please register an OOC account then a character account, before applying. The Cbox is guest-friendly, so please feel free to ask any questions!

UPDATES!

12.7.2017 - We need your help! Let us know what kind of plot you want to see in the upcoming year Here!

11.6 - Our annual Halloween celebrations have drawn to a close. Remember to claim your bonuses and be the on the lookout for our next event soon.

10.16 - We're SIX MONTHS OLD! Thankyou everyone who has joined us for this fantastic ride so far, there shall be many, many more! <3

10.8 - NEW EVENT! It's that time of the year, Trick or Treat Ferocians!

10.1 - Halloween month announcement! Please take a read HERE

9.15 - Everyone loves a bargain? Wanted Spotlights and Character Spotlights now cost less gems! Take a peek Here.

9.15 - WE NEED YOU! (And your opinions). Movie night is looking for new days & times that suit YOU Click Me.

8.8 - A mysterious murder has taken place at the Unity Monument! Details HERE.

7.29 - Event update #3! Enter to win a piece of artwork from Pinky! Details HERE.

7.19 — Event update #2! A fae section has been open to the public in the zoo with necessary precautions set in place!

7.09 — Event update #1! Have your character sponsor an animal! Find out more HERE!

7.08 — Our first event is up! Come learn about the New Greenwich tradition of the Summer Gala HERE!

7.03 — Our second movie night is Wednesday 7.12. Suggest a movie HERE!

6.24 — Our first movie night is Wednesday 6.28. Suggest a movie HERE!

6.16 — You've decided! Here's when our next event will be!

6.09 — When should we have our next event? You decide!

6.03 — We have a new skin on the site! Have any feedback? Found a gremlin running around? Let us know HERE!

6.01 — Our winners in the Anniversary Emoji Hunt have been announced. Congrats to everyone!

5.17 — We're one month old! Join the celebration and get a prize!

5.07 — Has your character ever wanted their tarot cards read? Now they can! Sign up HERE

4.22 — Come play real life D&D with your character! Sign up HERE

Character Spotlight

Magdalene Dornbos

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

The Strangest Scent of Onions, Riley Bennet | @Fenris
Anna Kazynski
 Posted on: Nov 6 2017, 04:09 PM
age: 52 occupation: Cook organization: Etawa posts: 27 gems: 725

Plague

shipper tracker message

Anna had finally finished registering for a long term stay in New Greenwich; now was the part she was dreading. Silly, maybe, but as she pulled up to the Roadhouse on her motorcycle, she wondered what the new Alpha was going to be like. Probably some grumbly male asshole. That's what she had met mostly so far. They were all nice when she said she was a cook but if she challenged even the slightest thing they showed their true coat.

The Roadhouse was across a bridge and on a hill with a terrific view. It looked old fashioned; maybe even prewar. As she opened the rough door and stepped into the comfortable interior, she glanced around. Medals, pictures, and a slightly greasy menu had pride of place but the thing that truly caught her attention was the smell.

Onions, garlic, and the lingering odor of a good steak exploded in her olfactory senses and she took a deep breath of appreciation. She loved a good steak...and anything fried. She was a better Baker than cook but she knew her way around a good cut of beef. Maybe they were looking for some secondary cooks here...or someone to make some more pies. She was gonna need a job.

She glanced around, looking for a friendly face...or even an unfriendly one. She realized, suddenly, that she had skipped lunch. Never a good idea for a hungry wolf to be running around town. Food or Pack first? She reluctantly decided on pack and walked up to the bar.

"Excuse me? Do you know where the Alpha of the Etawa Pack is? I was told they owned this place..."

PMEmail
^
Dylan Shaw
 Posted on: Nov 6 2017, 05:07 PM
age: 229 occupation: Owner of Sundown Garage organization: Etawa Pack posts: 468 gems: 1915

Fen

shipper tracker message

Given that it was just around the start of the Roadhouse's time to be open, Dylan had decided to head over to pick up a late lunch and had promised the guys back at the garage that he'd bring back a decent order of pickle chips and fries to hold most over until they'd be heading off shift for dinner. He'd opted to call in his order early before heading out the door to give them time to have it practically at the ready for when he arrived. Fortunately, he wasn't the only one that was out here early, what with a few other blue collars around for their own meals later in the day. Dylan's own motorcycle was parked out front along side Ted Nelson's pick-up truck and someone's Mustang. He sat at the bar, waiting for his order to come up, when the door opened with the slight jingle of a bell and the fresh scent of wolf came sweeping in with the outside musk.

He glanced over, much like a couple of others in the place, but unlike them, his eyes stayed on the woman who came wandering in, seemingly taking stock of the place. Definitely not someone he'd seen or smelled before. Wasn't long after that she came over to the bar and seemed to pick up on him directly as to pose her question. Shifting some on the bar stool so he could turn to face her a little more as to not be rude when replying, the Mississippi man nodded and rested a bit more on the arm along the countertop. "Think she's in the back helpin' get'uh few boxes down."

"Yeah, won't be too long now," the slightly heavyset man behind the bar confirmed, giving a nod. He was getting the glasses set up on the far side, close to the wall that had a number of photographs pinned to it that ranged from one to a whole squad of people. "Just sit tight for a sec and I'll get go get 'er."

Dylan watched the barkeep head through the door that led to the kitchen and glanced back to the she-wolf, tipping his head slightly while bringing his sweet tea closer to him, though still kept on the counter top. "You new in town?" Wasn't all that often that many wolves came through, much less ones that liked to stay put anyway, and she still seemed to have the scent of the road to her. Offering his hand for a proper shake, the southerner went on to introduce himself. "Dylan Shaw."

He might have gestured for her to have a seat, take a load off, but considering she was here asking for Riley, the man didn't want to be so presumptuous as to think she was staying for more than maybe five minutes, especially if this was on some kind of pack business. Nevertheless, did't mean he couldn't help keep her occupied while the alpha was on her way.

"Thought I heard a V-twin engine pullin' up," he remarked, giving a bit of a smile as to show that, yeah, he had something of an ear for anything with a motor. "Harley-Davidson?"
PMEmail
^
Anna Kazynski
 Posted on: Nov 6 2017, 08:15 PM

Plague

shipper tracker message

Anna gave the bartender a friendly nod and a “Thanks” as he went to the back to get the Alpha.The Alpha Bitch...that was unusual from her experience...but no one said her experiences were typical. Perhaps she would enjoy having a female alpha. She'd find out soon enough since she was staying here long term.

The were at the bar seemed friendly enough as he gave her his name and offered a polite hand shake. She took his hand in hers and shook it firmly; offering this “Dylan” a small close-lipped smile. “I am new. Anna Kazynski. I'm looking for a place in the pack. Settling down for a bit if the Alpha will have me.” She didn't know what the rules were in this town. She had just been told you HAD to be in a pack.

She nodded at his comment about her bike. “Harley 1200...custom. It's old but it's been my baby since my first pack gave it to me.” She stopped there and gave a shrug. “You ride? Was that your bike out there? She had noticed it earlier but been too nervous to check it out. Maybe she'd get a chance if she were staying here.

Taking a cherry dumdum from the small bag at her side, she unwrapped it and started to suck on the hard sweet candy. She loved lollipops and it would keep her stomach busy while she waited. Maybe keep the nerves down a bit. She scowled a bit at the thought and rubbed the back of her neck. It was meeting another werewolf not asking to be bitten again! Silly to be so nervous. She hoped she didn't SMELL nervous but wouldn't have been surprised if she did. Maybe she should order an onion bloom...combination bribe and scent concealer. Onions had the strangest smell.

She wanted to ask him what the pack was like and if there were others that she could meet but it seemed a bit presumptuous. She needed to talk to the Alpha. Everything would fall into place after that. She hoped, anyway. She was getting tired of moving from place to place. Her old pack still haunted her but maybe it was time to move on.

PMEmail
^
Riley Bennet
 Posted on: Nov 7 2017, 04:15 PM
age: 178 occupation: Bar Owner organization: Etawa Pack posts: 125 gems: 2125

Fen

shipper tracker message

A single, firm nod was given as Dylan took his hand back after the shake. "Nice to meetcha." He shifted a bit of his weight along the counter, arm still settled against it. Another couple of nods came along, this time in understanding with her plight of looking for not only a new place to call home but a new pack to be committed to. As she spoke about her motorcycle, there was a certain kind of intrigue to the man's eyes while he listened. A short whistle of impressiveness was given. "Don't see too many of those these days, least not around these parts. Yeah, it's'uh bit of'uh mixed bag of things. Just kinda put together whatever I could find at the time."

Building a vehicle from the ground up was no easy feet, especially when looking for or getting parts wasn't as easy as it had been here with something of a click of a button.

"I own'uh shop back across the bridge, over on Grayson Street. You ever need'uh check-up on it or anything, you just lemme know," he offered with a polite smile.

A moment later and Riley herself was coming out through the door from behind the bar, rolling the sleeves of her red and black flannel coat back down. The moment the other she-wolf was caught in sight, she sized her up to a degree, more so likely mulling over first impressions as far as appearances went, but also scent. "Heard you were lookin' for me?"

"Her name's Anna," Dylan introduced, glancing between the two. "She's new to the city an' lookin' to join the pack."

"That right?" Riley's gaze didn't waver once from the other female, though it finally broke away as she moved out from behind the counter, flipping the table top over long enough until she was through the other end and gently setting it back down again. "C'mon into the back then. Got an office where we can talk."

She waved the other woman on, moving to head down the hallway that would past the entrance to the kitchen and ones to the restrooms before unlocking the door that was in the very back where a small room was set, just with a short desk, a chair on one side and a second on the other, and a pair of filing cabinets, among a couple of boxes of this or that which likely couldn't be fit into the storage room.

As they went by, Dylan looked Anna's way with a press of encouragement and undoubtedly mentally wishing her good luck.

Once in the back room, Riley gestured with a hand for Anna to shut the door so they could have some privacy, before she was turning to face her and leaning back against the desk rather than going around to take a seat in the chair. The other, of course, was free to take a seat if she wanted. Hands were braced down at her sides at the edge of the desk while she watched the woman and no sooner was the door shut was Riley opening her mouth to speak, "Riley Bennet. I've been head of the pack for the last six years now and, before that, my husband. Etawa's been around for about eight decades now and there's a reason it's survived as long as it has, especially with some of the things that have gone on here." While her tone was somewhat gripping, it wasn't so hard as to come off as cold or cutting. "I'm going to ask you some questions, same as I ask anyone else that's lookin' to put down roots here with us. You might not like some of 'em but the more you answer as honestly as you can, the better the foot we'll get off on, understand? I don't ask them just to be a Curious George or to upset you either, all right?"

As it was fairly important that she know that considering what might be inquired of the woman and her past. Riley knew that the longer one lived, the more likely they were to have a few skeletons in their closet and that was fine, depending on just how many or what kind. She'd stand there and wait to know when the other was ready, considering there was bound to be a lot to answer for.
PMEmail
^
Anna Kazynski
 Posted on: Nov 7 2017, 11:02 PM

Plague

shipper tracker message

“Yes, Alpha, I was.” Anna tried a small smile; still not showing teeth. She saw no need to start a staring contest. She wasn’t interested in the Alpha’s job in the slightest. She gave enough to show she wasn’t an Omega or the lowest in the pack and then looked away before the Alpha felt even moderately threatened. Anna wasn’t interested in fighting for a position she would never want.

She followed the woman into the back, closed the door as indicated, and waited to see where the Alpha would stand. Since the woman didn’t sit, she felt okay with standing. She wasn’t comfortable enough to sit but she made sure that her body language showed it wasn’t an act of aggression or posturing. Dealing with other wolves was always chancy at best. Some took every move as a sign that she was out to get them. It had made being alone even more difficult, really.

Anna didn’t really mind the Alpha’s attitude. It wasn’t as cocky as some she had seen and there was at least a hint of warmth. That was positive. ON the other hand, she really hated to tell others about herself. It never felt right. No matter what you said you always seemed to come across as arrogant or depressed. And she WAS depressed. She couldn’t even hide it. She needed a change of pace and maybe this place could be it.

She took the sucker out of her mouth and nodded. “Alright then. I’m here to answer whatever you ask. If I don’t think its…pertinent…then I ask leave to stay silent.” She stated the words politely. “What would you like to know?” She figured there would be questions about her old pack. There always was. It hurt to speak of them but she needed to get past that. Especially when they asked if she had mated. She still had a hard time getting thru explaining that. Her hands clenched but she remained still and at some kind of attention.

PMEmail
^
Riley Bennet
 Posted on: Nov 9 2017, 04:28 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

"No need for titles," the brunette assured as she arched a brow. "We're not all that formal here, trust me." At least not so uptight as other packs might be.

Once they were secluded in the back, Riley got settled and continued to look the other woman over. She looked strong, firm, and undoubtedly had hit a few rough patches over the years. There was always a certain aura or look that one carried when they'd waded through enough shit. "The things I'm gonna ask are important, make sure you're a good fit for us and all." She shrugged, insisting that Anna here answer everything to the best of her ability rather than take a pass. With that settled, Riley shifted a bit against the desk and started her questionnaire, making sure to leave enough time and space for the other to answer at her leisure. "Where and when was your last pack? Why aren't you with 'em any more? Do you have a criminal record?" Obviously, if she admitted that she did, Riley would go on to ask what for, but once more, she made sure to fall quiet in between the inquiries as to allow Anna to explain as much as she wanted. "How long do you plan on staying in New Greenwich?" And lastly, for the time being, "Do you have any grudges whatsoever against other species? Given what all's happened here, it's better for me to know and be aware of just who or what my pack do or don't like. Keeps things from getting... out of hand."

Or otherwise 'messy' obviously.

While Anna worked on answering what she could, Riley would remain leaning back against the desk, keeping her eyes directly on hers. She never glanced off anywhere or sized her up, just kept an open mind and listened intently to whatever it was the other woman had to say. Despite whatever solemn expression was there on her face, there was still a sliver of understanding to be recognized in her eyes. She knew that a lot of people had gone through hell and back, some even more than once, and for as wary or judgmental as she might be towards strangers, the fact remained that Anna was here and had chosen them as her pack over anyone else. She'd sought her out and was asking for an in the proper way, rather than being like others that might have assumed or forced their way, which just didn't fly here. That alone warranted the woman some respect.
PMEmail
^
Anna Kazynski
 Posted on: Nov 9 2017, 07:37 PM

Plague

shipper tracker message

Anna’s breath caught as she tried to square her shoulders and answer the questions. It hurt every time she spoke of her old pack. Hurt like a fire in the gut. God did she miss them.

“My old pack bought me when I was fourteen. I was happy there. It took them a while to turn me but I...I had a family. They’re all dead now.” The words were said with the flat, emotionless voice of someone trying to conceal every scrap of feeling.

“We couldn't make it to shelter in time. Ferocious came and they tore them all to shreds. I think the only reason I survived was because I was so hurt and the pack had taken so many of them down.”

“I don't have a problem with most supernaturals….except Ferocious...of course. Them I have a big problem with. I was a slave and I prefer to avoid that...so if the city is trying to go back to that I'm not interested. I came here because I heard…” She shrugged uncomfortably. “I heard some of the sups and humans were working together. And I figure...we have enough shit to worry about without constantly fighting like in a lot of the other cities.”

She continued to answer the questions. “I don't have a criminal record but I'm not squeaky clean either. I've been in my share of fights. I don't drink a lot cause I tend to get pissy. Mostly…” She looked the Alpha in the eyes. “I'm tired of traveling alone. It's been a long time since I had someone to watch my back. I want to settle down. Maybe even find a mate. I'm not really looking.” She continued in a hurry. “But I'm not opposed to it either.”

She was quiet for a few moments and then shrugged. “Anything else?” She wasn't sure if her answer was what the Alpha wanted to hear but she wasn't going to be some kind of soldier against the vamps. Or the Fae. She wanted some level of peace and to maybe be able to drop her guard just a little. Not be vulnerable or anything...but a good night's sleep was desperately needed.
PMEmail
^
Riley Bennet
 Posted on: Nov 13 2017, 04:12 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

Her brows rose slightly as the woman gave her answers. Not exactly ones that Riley had suspected but she was glad that Anna was being pretty upfront about everything. "Bought you? Any particular reason why?" Normally, it wouldn't have been her business to know but, in this case, she felt more comfortable with trying to get a handle on what Anna's former pack had been like. The fact that she was something of a sole survivor did gain an ounce of sympathy from the pack leader but she said nothing at the moment on that regard apart from, "I'm sorry for your loss."

Having family taken away because of those feral bloodsuckers out there was never an easy thing and Riley was all too aware that it still happened even in this day and age. It never felt like enough of those fiends were being put down. A nod was given as Anna deemed that there was no real grudge have beholden against this or that aside from the obvious. Soon after, she shook her head. "They've just passed a number of laws that basically makes everyone equal opportunists. I don't see why they'd flip back to the way things were so quickly. Things have finally settled but they're still a little shaky. Humans are finding their footing and the rest of us, well," she shrugged, "we're just trying to have things get back to normal as much as possible."

It was all anyone could really ask for anyway. Another nod was given as Anna claimed to not get on the wrong side of the law but also wasn't a pure saint. Once more, Riley appreciated the honesty, as seen in her eyes. A slender brow arched as the other woman went on though. "Mating isn't everything, but I get what you mean. How old are you anyway? A number of us are over our first century or even two but more than a handful in the pack range anywhere from teens to eighties or so. Plenty have kids too. We're a big pack but not nearly as large as we once were..."

There was a sliver of sadness there as she said it but Riley moved on quickly from it. Tipping her head, she thought a moment, as though trying to determine if anything else stuck out from her that she needed to know about this woman.

"I think that's all for now. We'll give you a 'trial run', enough to let them put the stamp on your I.D. that you're apart of Etawa and if things don't quite go well, there's plenty of others to look into," Riley informed as she pushed off from the table and stood straight, arms folding along her chest. "Rules are pretty simple with us- don't get into too much trouble or call too much attention. Your actions represent the pack, keep that in mind. If there's someone you don't get along with in the pack or end up having a problem with outside of it, come to me. Is that understood?" As far too many unnecessary trouble had been made when one decided to take matters into their own hands. "We have a packhouse and there's a couple of rooms available in it if you need a place to stay. I can see about getting someone to take you over there and show you around. Do you have cash for clothes and stuff? Have a phone at all?"

Already she was moving past Anna as to open the door back open again, now that the more private part of their conversation was done, though she lingered in case there was anything else on the other's mind that she might want to voice. "I'll need a copy of the report from your medical check-up as soon as possible." As all new citizens had to undergo that kind of thing just to ensure they weren't bringing any unwanted diseases or the like to the town. "And I'll have someone show you around the Etawa territory, help you get a feel of the city itself too. This is a big place, both in and out of the woods. It's easy to get lost, even for us. You hungry?"
PMEmail
^
Anna Kazynski
 Posted on: Nov 14 2017, 11:08 PM

Plague

shipper tracker message

“I was a human and young. My master wasn’t going to just let me go when he could get money for me but he really didn’t care all that much about me. Richard…” She swallowed. “He and his pack raised me until I was old enough to turn and a little more besides. We were happy.” She stated simply. “It was a while ago. But I’ve been…reluctant…to settle down.”

Anna was having a hard time reading Riley. She hoped that didn’t mean the other woman was going to decide against her. She had tried to answer honestly. “I’m 52. Not very old. I’ve got plenty of time yet for mating, I guess. I’m not really looking…just…tired of being alone.” As much as Anna hated feeling vulnerable, it was needed in this instance. Because she needed to be in another pack with a Deep and abiding hunger. She had been too long alone…

A feeling of relief slowly wound its way as Riley told her that there would be a trial run. She could understand that. It was hard to integrate new pack members. “I understand. I won’t cause trouble in the pack.” She stated sincerely. “I’d be happy to have a place to stay until I get a job. I’ve got enough to tide me over for a bit but nothing lasts forever.” She held out her phone as the woman opened the door and started to slide past. “If you’d like, you can enter your number.”

She nodded at the question of hunger. She was starving. And everything smelled really good. She wondered if the other wolf would be out there when she returned. He had seemed nice enough at least. And they could talk Harleys. It was a start…maybe even a good one. “I’d be happy to have a guide. Is there a tithe to the pack? A certain percentage? I could maybe help with the cooking if you don’t have anyone for that. I’m better at baking but I can cook alright.”

She was trying to offer…something. Even if it wasn’t easy for her to articulate. She wanted to contribute in some way. She had the annoying urge to submit but pushed it aside. If the alpha wanted that then she would ask for it. Right? Besides…she barely knew the woman. Pride warred with Need and lost. She would submit if she needed to. The woman seemed nice enough and Anna wanted to belong to the pack. Resistance was futile.

PMEmail
^
Riley Bennet
 Posted on: Nov 16 2017, 04:10 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

Riley nodded in understanding, managing to piece together what she could of how and why Anna had came about being bought by a pack. It didn't seem as though it was for anything unconventional- that much was a relief. Still, she was somewhat wary to learn of it and how the other woman had came to be werewolf. It certainly wasn't the worst origin story she'd been told of by a pack member. As for Anna's age and admission, the alpha would nod once more, this time with a slighter warmer look to her eyes. "I understand. Wolves aren't ever keen on being on their own for long, if they can help it. Humans even less so."

And given that they were a mix of both, being among others was something of not essential to their way of living. Being alone long enough merely bred something close to insanity. It was good that Anna recognized that she needed a new group and was willing to roll with whatever punches if it meant finally putting down roots somewhere.

"There's a few rules for the pack house- if you're having guests over, you let everyone in it know ahead of time but, if you can help it, it's better not to have anyone over at all. The packhouse is meant to serve as something of a sanctuary for members and not everyone is as keen or open-minded as certain species as you. Just remember that," Riley started as she took the phone, starting to put in her number, as well as Evan's, the Roadhouse, and the packhouse ones. "There's a light curfew of everyone being back and settled by ten. Everyone has different work schedules in the place, a couple even work grave yard shifts at places, and I'm sure they'd like to get as much undisturbed sleep as possible. So just don't be too loud in general."

Handing her phone back over once she was done, Riley shrugged slightly and continued to lead the way back to the bar. "There's no official rule of it but when people ask, I tell them to try and give anywhere from five to ten percent of their earnings each month to Evan, our second. He keeps a log of everyone that manages and we use the money for keeping the packhouse repaired and stocked with food to medical bills or the like in case of emergencies. If you like cooking, you're welcome to help out in the kitchen for it."

As they came out from the hallway and back to where the bar was set, Riley started back in behind the counter, peering back the other woman's way then to the scattered bit of customers within the restaurant and finally to Dylan, who had received his meal and was working on the fries that had came with it.

"You think you could show her about the house and territory sometime today, Dylan?" Riley asked as she moved to take his near empty glass to refill it back with the sweet tea he'd had.

"Yeah, sure," the southerner said with a nod, looking back Anna's way and offering her a smile. "Got on trial then, huh?"

"She's new the city too, so if you could help give her some pointers on that, it'd be great," Riley went on, handing him back his drink. He nodded with a 'yeah, sure, of course' and she turned her attention back over to Anna. "I'll swing by sometime tonight and we can talk more. For now, how about a meal? It's on the house." Grabbing the menu fold, Riley slid it towards the other she-wolf along the counter top. "Take a bit to look it over and give a holler to Mike here when you're ready. I've got to help finish getting some stuff out of the back but welcome to New Greenwich and Etawa."

Turning, the brunette headed off as she looked between the two wolves then to the bartender, who flashed a smile as well, ducking on off to the kitchens again.

Mike set his attention to the woman while she looked over the menu. "Get ya something to drink, miss?"

After watching her go, Dylan turned his sights back over to the promising new member of the pack, "Take yer time. I ain't in any rush."

And the garage wouldn't go falling to pieces without him if he decided to take a few impromptu hours off given the it was becoming slow season.
PMEmail
^
Anna Kazynski
 Posted on: Nov 17 2017, 05:28 PM

Plague

shipper tracker message

Anna almost sagged in relief when she was accepted into the pack. It was something she needed to do. As the Alpha led her back upfront and talked about tithes and guests, she listened carefully. Now was not the time to fuck up. She was sure that she'd find it hard to swallow every order but for now she was just...grateful.

She saw the other pack member. Dylan? She was pretty sure that was it. She gave him a warm smile and a muttered yeah. She was glad that he was going to show her around. For one, he seemed friendly even to the newest member. And two...she wouldn't have to ride in someone's car and wonder if they were going to lose focus or not see someone or whatever. She hated cars with a passion but really it was usually the drivers that were the problem. If they just looked around ...

She shot a quick smile at the Alpha; a true smile with actual teeth and the slight crinkle of her eyes. "Thank you, Alpha." She responded as she looked over the menu. What should she get? Something inexpensive, probably. She looked at the menu and nodded. Hamburgers weren't too expensive and there was one with onions. She could get behind that. Even if it wasn't a steak.

The Bartender seemed a bit friendlier and she politely asked for a soda pop. The buzzy effervescence thrilled her wolf to no end and she could never resist the faint hint of addiction. "May I please have a hamburger, rare with onions and barbeque sauce? And some fries?" She asked after a moment or two.

She nodded at Dylan. "Thanks for showing me around. If you were coming in here in a hurry, I can get it to go and go back wherever you were traveling. I don't want to impose."
PMEmail
^
Dylan Shaw
 Posted on: Nov 20 2017, 05:11 PM
age: 229 occupation: Owner of Sundown Garage organization: Etawa Pack posts: 468 gems: 1915

Fen

shipper tracker message

"Comin' up," Mike said with a nod as he wrote the order down on a ticket pad and slid it onto the window counter for someone in the kitchen to pick up for the cook. Afterwards, he moved to grab a glass and fill it with her choice of soda before handing that off, along with a straw then looked to Dylan, asking if he needed a refill. The southerner nodded and gave his voice of thanks before turning his attention back over to Anna.

"Naw, things been pretty slow," he assured, shaking his head and lifting a hand as though to still any thoughts of her hurrying along. "Like I said, take yer time." He picked up one of the few fries left from his plate to chew on for a moment then took his drink from Mike, chasing it all with a swallow of sweet tea to wash it down with. "So what all do you wanna know? Lots goin' on around here. The city's a pretty big place, even just opened up a zoo n' all a few months back."

Which, not many haven cities could say they had the resources, money, or much less manpower to do the same. While it might have been a ploy for more traffic in having more people come out this way to settle down and add to the population, along with housing, jobs, and revenue, it was at least nice to have. Gave a certain sense of normalcy almost, not that he knew anything about the times before the war when things like zoos and amusement parks and anything that was just there for entertainment over purpose could be had without anyone having to so much as bat an eye most days.

"Got beach and board that stretches all along the western side, plenty of territory to roam around in that's protect by pack and city law, and there's been more than a few housing areas that's opened up." Idly, Dylan scratched at his cheek while watching her, still working on trying to get bites of his own burger in when he wasn't having to talk, not keen on being impolite with a mouthful and all. "Plenty of jobs open too. What do you like doin'?"
PMEmail
^
Anna Kazynski
 Posted on: Nov 21 2017, 05:23 PM

Plague

shipper tracker message

Anna relaxed quite a bit at the friendly attitude and the tidbits of information. She'd be glad to have a place to stay for a bit. She pushed some of fries towards Dylan in an effort to thank him silently for the courtesy. "Help yourself." She stated softly.

"I'm looking for something with some baking maybe? Or maybe even taking care of simple repairs to the bikes. I'm pretty good with butchering and hunting as well. Maybe as a guide once I know the place?" She shrugged. "I'm pretty good with my hands. Not so good with sitting at a desk all day."

She bit into her burger and moaned. "Oh my gosh. Best burger ever. This is a freaking work of art." She managed after she finished her first few bites. "Wow. Nice job." Maybe she should order another one...

"I've never been to a zoo before. Is it interesting? The idea is kind of weird, I think. But I'd be willing to check it out. Could be cool. I like animals when they aren't trying to escape." She glanced at Dylan. "You have any animals? Any at the pack house?"
PMEmail
^
Dylan Shaw
 Posted on: Nov 24 2017, 05:02 PM

Fen

shipper tracker message

He lifted a hand up to politely decline her offer of extra fries. "I'm good, thanks," the southerner told her with a candid smile while dropping it back along his arm. He was mostly finished anyway and the meal itself had really hit the spot. As she listed off her strengths, Dylan nodded softly and tried to roll his head about in order to try to peg any possibly openings anywhere that he might have seen that might be a good fit for her. "Ain't much hunting around these parts. Most stuff gets shipped in," he admitted while idly running his knuckles to and fro at the underside of his scruff-set chin. "But I know of'uh few grocery stores that could probably use the extra hand in their bakin' or meat departments."

Not the most glamorous of jobs to start out with but it was a paycheck. As Anna went on to enjoy her burger though, Dylan fell quiet and just grinned a bit as she seemed to hold heaven in her mouth. Taking his cup of tea for a swallow or two, the man smacked his lips a bit. "Best burgers, barbecue, and steak in all the city if you ask'uh lotta people 'round here." He tugged a napkin out of its dispenser nearby and offered it to her when he noted some of the juices leaking from one end of the burger and all along her fingers. No meal could be amazing without it getting a little messy first. "Definitely somethin', yeah. Ain't ever seen that many animals in my life."

Though he had to raise a brow at her phrasing. Escape? She went on to ask him about personal pets though, making him shelf that aside for now. "Oh, I don't live at the packhouse. Gotta place of my own not far from it though. Uh few of us do. Just the usual though- dog, cat, and'uh turtle." Smirking a bit, he took another swallow of his tea. "My son's pretty big into reptiles these days. The other two I've had for a while."

Nodding his head to the bartender as he took up the mostly emptied plate from in front of him, Dylan glanced back over to the she-wolf and shifted his weight along the stool seat. "I'm sure it won't take long to getcha'uh job around here. Between all of us in the pack, somebody knows somebody, especially Riley." He sat up a bit straighter, glancing off towards the open slat in the wall that separated the bar from the kitchen, knowing she was back there somewhere, dealing with staff and supplies. "She's good at findin' places for people." His gaze swept back over to Anna. "In'uh lotta ways."
PMEmail
^
Anna Kazynski
 Posted on: Nov 25 2017, 03:51 PM

Plague

shipper tracker message

Anna watched Dylan absently rub his chin as she ate. He was a little scruffy but it was in a pleasant way. She directed her attention to what he was saying with a small jerk of her head. “I’m good with pretty much anything. I’ve done so many jobs its hard to say really which ones are the worst. They all have something you can work with…even if its plenty of time to think because you’re bored.” She grimaced and looked down at her burger. “Although sometimes that’s a disadvantage by itself.”

She ate some more of her burger; enjoying it thoroughly. “I think it would be crazy to see all of those animals. Maybe you want to go, sometime? It would be neat…” She was a bit startled at his mention of animals but then he mentioned a son. “You’re mated?” She ate a fry and glanced at him curiously. Hopefully she wasn’t being too nosy…and she wanted to know as much about her packmates as possible. “How old is your son?” There was the faintest hint of longing in her voice. At one time she had considered having pups…or at least TRYING. Maybe it was better, though, because born wolves were very unusual with it being so difficult to carry a child to term.

Loyalty. It was there in Dylan’s gaze as he watched the invisible Alpha and turned confident eyes to Anna. Riley had captured his loyalty and he would stand by her side. It was an important thing to notice. They both seemed almost…kind. She let herself take a deep breath and start enjoying her fries again. “It would be nice to belong…” She finally stated softly.

She was hungry and her food disappeared quickly. She wiped her hands on the napkin and glanced around a little sheepishly. “That was delicious, but messy. I’m going to go wash my hands and then maybe we head out? If you can show me where the packhouse is and maybe a few stores so I can grab a few items that would be great. And anything else you think is important. I don’t want to start off on the wrong foot.” She confided with a shrug.

@Dylan Shaw
PMEmail
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

RPG-D PP All of Me TH EF BI NT UB R&R WL WLWB DWFNO FE M&M Black Sun Rising A Murder of Crows Wait & Bleed