Ferocious is an 18+ supernatural and post apocalyptic RP based in the city-state of New Greenwich, Oregon with a rating of 3/3/3. Please register an OOC account then a character account, before applying. The Cbox is guest-friendly, so please feel free to ask any questions!

UPDATES!

6.16 — You've decided! Here's when our next event will be!

6.09 — When should we have our next event? You decide!

6.03 — We have a new skin on the site! Have any feedback? Found a gremlin running around? Let us know HERE!

6.01 — Our winners in the Anniversary Emoji Hunt have been announced. Congrats to everyone!

5.17 — We're one month old! Join the celebration and get a prize!

5.07 — Has your character ever wanted their tarot cards read? Now they can! Sign up HERE

4.22 — Come play real life D&D with your character! Sign up HERE

Wanted Spotlight

The Conclave

Current Event

New Skin!

Character Spotlight

Victoria Blake

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

Mistakes Were Made
Nivien St. Croix
 Posted on: May 9 2017, 04:39 PM
age: 288 occupation: Dispatcher organization: Etawa Pack posts: 63 gems: 2100

Pinky

shipper tracker message

The Nine Lives thrift shop was a modest and unassuming little place that had cropped up early on in the city's infancy. Back then it was the popular choice for the new refugee needing the occasional cheap odd and end to make a life for themselves. It wasn't uncommon for the couple running the joint to give things out to the totally desperate. It was probably one of the reasons, when a lot of other second hand shops had popped up, she had stayed loyal to Nine Lives. Nivien had been just one of the few they had helped in the early days and for that the she-wolf was eternally grateful.

The store itself was still in the same building it had started out in, with two large window displays where Mrs. Becket, or Nancy to her friends, set out their very best items to entice the odd walker by inside to buy. Sometimes it was furniture and pre-war goodies, other times clothing that had not been 'in season' in awhile but had some how found its way down to their little neck of the woods. The store was kept neat and orderly, with household goods toward the front and clothing toward the back.

Stepping inside, Nivien was the greeted with the familiar smell of old things. There was no better description than that. It was the same scent no matter which store you chose to go into. Her hand outstretched to allow one of the cats that made the store their home, time to sniff it. It sat proudly on an older dining room table, waiting for the freckle-faced woman to pet it. She would have too, had another cat not darted out from beneath the table causing table cat to give chase. The cats inside the store were in a constant state of flux. Strays that the Ron and Nancy rescued and then adopted out most of the time, hence the name.

She gave a friendly wave, to Nancy currently taking a large bite out of her sandwich. The other woman, quickly set it down, wiping off her hands. "Oh, Niv! Haven't seen you in a few weeks, was wondering if something happened to you. Tommy! Niv's here!" The other woman called back for her husband who was seated just behind her, happily reading a book and ignoring his wife. "Oh my, you are looking skinnier than I remember. Would you like the other half of my sub? It's a tuna melt. Oh, the cats just love it." There were in fact a number of them circling the counter, waiting for good old Nancy to 'accidentally' drop something.

Nivien shook her head, brushing curls from her face. "I'm good, thanks. Had something on the way here. I thought I'd pop in and see if you had any new stuff." Tommy Becket briefly looked up from his book, to take bite from his own sandwich. "Stop boring her Nancy, she's a busy girl. Go ahead, got some new things might fit you back there." She smiled in that same way she always did when feeling slightly awkward but still trying to be polite. She imagined it looked like she was constipated and was thankful to slip away toward the back racks.

Once there, it did not take long for her to sift through the racks to find the new stuff. With a healthy pile of clothes later, she took herself to the shabby dressing rooms. Of which, there were only a handful. There was no separate sides for men and women and it was strictly a first come self serve basis. With two of the rooms missing their doors at the moment, she opted for the first available one with an actual door. The she-wolf reached the bottom of her try on pile, with just a pretty little floral dress left. The back zipper reminded her of her backpack, always getting stuck but it seemed fine enough to try on.

Slipping it on and zipping it up had not proven overly difficult. It even fit her better than she had thought it would, maybe Nancy was right, maybe she was a little skinnier. Tucking that thought away for another time to ponder, she twisted one way and then the other in front of the mirror. It was a little lower cut than she normally liked but it wasn't bad. Deciding to take it, her arm bent behind her, fingers latched onto the zipper. Giving it a quick pull she cursed ever so softly the moment it snagged in the middle and refused to budge up or down further. "Ah, not good. Okay. Okay. I'll just.." Twisting and turning, Nivien tried to coax the zipper to budge until finally she lost her balance bumping into the wall shared with one of the other dressing rooms.

"It's cute but I don't want to live in it forever." She admitted, speaking to herself. Taking a quick peek out the dressing room door she frowned. Nancy was nowhere in sight. Nivien ducked back inside her dressing room, to try again. Every so often, her bare feet could be seen clearly jumping from the space beneath, while a grunt of frustration or a soft bang followed.

@Nathaniel Abbott
PM
^
Nathaniel Abbott
 Posted on: May 12 2017, 12:31 AM
age: 197 occupation: Enforcer organization: Calpulli & Etawa Pack posts: 73 gems: 175

Avy

shipper tracker message

Nate found himself with the day off. No need to go around for Quetzala and do any of the necessary enforcer work, and considering his injury that left him with a couple broken ribs thanks to a mother bear finding a grey wolf naively sleeping in the middle of a forest, his time at the club wasn't as productive as he ought to have been. It was likely that he had been given the day off because he was being more of a bother than an actual help. So with the extra bit of time on his hands he thought that a little venture out into the city to get some things for the apartment, and some new clothes would be a good use of his time. Not to mention just how bored he was sitting at home twiddling his thumbs. When he had begun to think about getting some sort of pet, that was the moment he decided to get out of the house and do something. Nate was a bachelor to the core, even taking care of a pet would be a bit of a stretch for the man. He didn't know if he could keep a goldfish alive.

There was no need to waste money on brand new clothes with pre-ripped holes in the knees for a three or four digit number, Nate didn't care about the idea of fashion. The wolf was a plain man, he didn't care about a label, or if it was in season. Whatever that part meant. How could clothes go out of season? They were clothes, not the weather. So, he frequented the second hand stores. Slipping off of Suzie, his beloved motorcycle, he looked at the window display of The Nine Lives. It seemed quaint, and while none of the items in it seemed to jump out at him, he figured their clothes might. When he opened the door and walked through the threshold of the store, he was first greeted by a cat sitting - or rather lounging - on a dining room table. He watched it for a moment, and when it looked away, he figured that the little thing didn't care about shifters coming in. However, he felt a little odd when the smell of wolf already filled the store. It was mildly familiar but he couldn't place it. Chalking it up to the fact that he tried to keep a quiet existence in the pack, he didn't go out of his way to memorize the scent to the person. It was a little hard to do that when he only saw them at the roadhouse where he would always keep to himself.

While meandering through the store, he saw that there were more cats lazing about. Curiously Nate wondered if this was a divine intervention telling him to get a pet, but he pushed the thought away as he finally got to the clothes section. Plucking aimlessly from the racks, he had a few shirts, and couple pair of jeans. A simple guy wanted simple clothes, although he was tempted by a leather jacket that hung up on the wall. It was on display to probably entice everyone.

Even though the smell of the other wolf was becoming stronger, Nate paid no attention to it. Instead he looked at the shabby change rooms, and gave a sigh. Someone was already in a lucky room with a door, and as he moved closer to the other room with a door he realized it was locked - or stuck. Nate decided to think it was more stuck than locked. With the two shop keeps more interested in the cats, he shrugged and moved to the dressing room without a door. There was a modest curtain, but even it was a bit shabby. Not much he could complain about. Besides, he'd been running around town in just a towel a few days ago.

Slipping off his t-shirt, he started to pull on a button up plaid shirt when there was a loud thud against the wall. His eyes went wide, but a crooked smile curled on his lips. "Uh," he said as he gave a slight cough to clear his throat and seem a bit more sincere. "I'm not looking to be a creep," he said as he pushed his curtain back, and gave a gentle knock on the changing stall. "But uh, do you... Need some help?" He asked.

His shirt was still undone, but he could tell it was going to fit fine enough. It was only after he had started to talk that he realized the main cause for the smell of wolf in the shop, was behind door number one. A bit of nerves curled up inside of him, and he wondered if it would be a mildly friendly face. However, he started to prepare himself that it might not be. He couldn't place the scent to a face so it could've been someone who really didn't care for his job at all. Yet, helping the woman - he assumed from her voice - out would certainly warrant some brownie points in his favour right? Well, that was what he had hoped.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nivien St. Croix
 Posted on: May 12 2017, 07:57 PM

Pinky

shipper tracker message

It had occurred to her if Nancy did not appear soon, she could possibly call Dylan. He was not too far away and could arrive in a reasonable amount of time. It wouldn't be too weird would it? She tried to reason with herself, pulling out her phone, staring at his name in her contacts. The phone was dropped back into the depths of her bag, choosing not to call him. It wouldn't be weird, aside from the part where she was stuck in a dress. He'd be in the middle of a work day and could probably do without random calls, asking him to drop what he was doing. Especially for a stuck zipper. She didn't doubt he'd probably do it but that nagging part of her brain that told her not to be a bother, kept her from reaching out to him for help.

Having been far too busy in her own world within the sparse dressing room, Nivien was only vaguely aware of another werewolf. Focused on the zipper, the other's presence was pushed toward the back of her mind. It wasn't until the knock on the door and his voice from the other side of the door that the she-wolf truly noticed him. A hand pressed against the door, taking a moment to sift through the smell and feeling of the other wolf, recognizing him. Her hand slid down the door, unlocking the flimsy lock and letting her hand rest on the handle. Pulling the door open a crack, her brown eyes started a lazy trail from his feet to his face. For a moment, she simply started at him before closing the door right in his face. Oh god, she had clearly panicked when she was unsure what to say. Back inside the dressing room, she gave her bag a brief look. Maybe it wasn't too late to call Dylan.

With a sigh, she stared at the ceiling, trying to think of anything to say. Anything at all that might pull her out of the very awkward hole she had dug for herself. When it no longer felt like her heart might be trying to escape her throat, she cleared her throat. "Ah, Nate? Sorry, I just was surprised to see you right there." Well that sounded lame even by her own standards. She turned around to face the door again, opening it wider. Clinging to the door frame, Nivien leaned out toward him. "I was trying on this dress and the zipper got really stuck when I was trying to take it off. I don't want to damage it and I can't just wear it out half zipped like a weirdo. Her free hand appeared to be keeping the front of the dress, firmly against her chest to avoid any slips.

Rocking herself onto her tiptoes, the freckle faced woman peered out toward the front of the store. There was still no sign of Nancy. Returning to the flats of her feet, her attention wandered back over to Nate. He wasn't exactly unknown to her, he was part of the Pack after all. They just had not had that many one on one interactions. Was this all very weird for her? Yes, yes it was. She twisted slightly in place, exposing her back to him. There it was the zipper in question, well and truly stuck. It left most of her back exposed, displaying the patchwork of scars to be found there. Whipping back around her large brown eyes practically pleaded for his help. "Ah, could you? I mean, try? If it ah, doesn't, I guess I can rip it." Taking a step back into the dressing room, Nivien waited to see if he would follow her inside.

PM
^
Nathaniel Abbott
 Posted on: May 16 2017, 12:57 AM
age: 197 occupation: Enforcer organization: Calpulli & Etawa Pack posts: 73 gems: 175

Avy

shipper tracker message

When Niv's eyes popped out from the crack in the door. He stepped back immediately. Not that he knew everyone off by the back of his hand, he however did make a mental note of the wolves in the pack that he really did need to stay calm around. Nivien St. Croix, a cop, who worked for the police, which was an organization that did not life unlawful things, of which he belonged to a group, who were known to - not openly confirmed or caught of course - stretch the rules of the law to their benefit, and that group was the Calpulli. Nate knew one thing when he came from Rome to New Greenwich - Calpulli were mafia. Or just another form of it. There were silver linings though, no drugs, no raping of women, it was a respectable organization. If one applied the word respectable as liberally and loosely as they could.

Frozen in place he wasn't sure if he should move back to his changing room or if he should stay still. If he moved, it could seem like he was trying to get away from her. That he'd done something wrong. There was no need for him to run, but he suddenly felt guilty. Like he'd stolen something, he had come into the store with the full intention of paying for everything. Petty thievery was never his style. "I was surprised to see me here too- Ugh I mean you here too, or right there," Nate fumbled over his words helplessly. The mix of embarrassment, and his lack of self was an impressive thing to watch, but he simply continued standing there. Happy for the fact that he didn't feel the warmth of his cheeks going a shade even more embarrassing than the words tumbling out of his mouth.

"My sisters would whine all the time whenever they stepped into Rome and I had to watch over them. The tumbling sounded similar," he said with a slight shrug plainly as he turned his head to glance over to the front of the store. That was when he felt a sharp sense of him being unwanted. Of course it had taken forever for him to realize it, now he felt like a fool. Nate figured the best option would now to go get one of the cat people at the front. "Look I'll go-" he started before she turned around and presented the stuck zipper for him. "Yeah," he answered softly, almost appreciatively. Not that he was going to get to see the naked flesh of a girl, he was a pack wolf born and bred, nudity wasn't anything to him. In fact clothes were the more alluring part of a person in human form, but right now he was simply with a pack mate.

Silent as he moved his hands to the zipper he gently tugged a few times, it was on the fifth time that he was able to pull it down. While he took note of the scars, most wolves had them, he didn't say anything. "You're free," he said while he took a step back, and without waiting for her to close the door, he slipped back in his dressing room. It was partially to regain his composure from realizing the woman next to him was a cop, and to give her some more space. He was obviously not exactly the most exciting person for her to see, so he gave her that space. "I got a couple more things here to try, so uh... If you get stuck... I'll help out, again - really not being a creep here," he admitted once more as he slipped the shirt off and then kicked his jeans off to try on a pair of black ones with holes in them. They were every bit as distressed as the pants that cost $200 from some fancy boutique with lighting so bright it hurt his eyes.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nivien St. Croix
 Posted on: May 16 2017, 11:46 AM

Pinky

shipper tracker message

Once inside the smaller dressing room, the door was quickly behind them both. It wasn't until the door closed did she realize just how small the room was. While he gave the zipper at her back a few tugs, she struggled trying to find anything to say. Everything that sprang to mind seemed awkward and lame, leaving her instead silent with her eyes looking at the mess she had made of clothes. Noticing her bra had fallen onto the floor, her leg stretched out in the direction of it until her foot could cover it and drag it back over to where she stood. Standing on the garment now, she chewed at the inside of her cheek. Nivien's attempt at being sneaky had left her obvious and awkward and she knew it. A deep sigh of obvious relief escaped her when he announced she was finally free. "Oh, thank goodness." Though it was hard for her to tell if she was thankful for the dress being fixed or for the other wolf to return to his own dressing room.

"Thank you so much, I don't know how I was going to ride my bike while trying to hold up the front and not flash someone with the bottom. I'd have to walk and that would just get as many stares. Not to mention Riley probably would get worried or see me and think the wor-I'm talking a lot and really fast. Ah, sorry."A deep breath was taken and let back out. Out of habit, the freckled skin on an arm was taken between two fingers and pinched. It was a subtle gesture, but it stopped her from nervous talking at least. Pressing her lips together as tightly as possible seemed to help her as well, when he stepped back out of the dressing room. The door was closed immediately behind him and her forehead pressed against the cheap wood. She might have thudded her head against it in dismay if she were not afraid of making any more weird sounds with Nate nearby.

Her head lifted from the wood with another sigh, pulling the dress down the rest of the way, she stepped out of it and tossed it back on the pile on the small bench. When he spoke again, she froze in place for a moment. A hand finally moved to press against their shared wall, "Oh, ah. Thanks. Thank you. I mean that. I think I've had enough adventures in retail for today though." Or at the very least, in trying things on. Her first reaction was to apologize again but nobody liked that over apologetic person either. The she-wolf tugged on her regular clothes, slipping on her sneakers without untying and retying the laces. "Did you ah, manage to find some cool stuff?" She asked finally, impressed with how normal it had come out of her. Her own clothing finds were draped over an arm, stepping back out. A glance was given to the front of the store, knowing it would be easy to pay for her things and slip out.

It would have been easy, sure. The old her probably would have taken the chance to escape an awkward situation the first chance she got. Hopefully he wouldn't mind her hanging around a little while longer though. Taking a seat on the floor near his dressing room door but not in the way of it, she waited for him to finish. They had a little awkward start, it didn't mean they couldn't get past all that right?
PM
^
Nathaniel Abbott
 Posted on: May 17 2017, 01:30 PM

Avy

shipper tracker message

The awkward flowing through Nivien like booze at a bar, was completely lost on Nate. Instead he was stuck in his own mind and worries. Sure, her scars gave him a temporary distraction, but it wasn't as if he was staring at her like she was some female he needed to throw over his shoulder and take her to a cave and ravage her. It was the furthest thing from his mind. Kidnapping a police officer, forcing himself on a woman, and the trouble of finding a cave would be too much effort for Nate to even entertain the idea.

"You got a bike too?" Nate asked as he buttoned his jeans up and glanced in the mirror barely long enough to gauge that they suited him, and were long enough for the hem to ride up above his ankle. Her fast paced speech wasn't annoying, and he was able to keep up with it too, even give a small chuckle as she mentioned Riley. "Nah, nothing to be sorry about. I don't like getting Riley worried either so I get what you mean," he said simply as he slipped the jeans off and tried another pair. Although he still felt uneasy with trying clothes on in the room next to a cop, he figured swallowing that anxiety down was all he could do. If she wanted to arrest him, she could have already done so. Regardless of a troublesome zipper.

"Yeah, I've found some pants, thankfully," he said shuddering at the thought of running around town in just a towel around his waist again. Although ultimately he was thankful for running into Saoirse, he didn't want to have to impose on her again. Slipping the second tried pair of pants off he moved to put on his own clothes. They had that lived in comfort that suited his body and movements easily. The pants he bought would soon fall into line of course but for now they still felt a little stiff - like most new clothes did, even second hand.

Slipping his shoes back on, not bothering with the laces, he stepped out of the dressing room pushing the curtain for a door that he had. In his arms he had the few shirts, and two pairs of pants. He was surprised to see her sitting there. Even though it had only been a side thought of her putting him cuffs, with her waiting there he felt those nerves crawl back up his spine. Shoving them down he gave a small smile.

"I have a Buell 1125 with Ronin alterations. They were old from pre-ferocious, but a company started making them again. I grabbed one of their second production models, and she's been mine since I got here about two years ago. Her name is Suzie, the light of my life," he said with a crooked smile. The pride he felt for his bike was boundless. In truth he felt she ought to be placed in a museum she was a work of art, but with that she would simply be wasted.

"I want to get a custom Honda NM4, I like the elevated seat unattached from the back of the bike, but I think it'd be a bit hard cheating on Suzie like that," he commented slowly, and then tilted his head. "But she could be a sister bike instead, they both suit each other," he added, his thoughts spilling from his lips as quickly as they came to his mind. Finally he looked up giving Nivien his attention. "I'm rambling now... Sorry. You get anything good? What bike you got?" He asked, her found treasures not as interesting to the wolf as the allure and mystery of her bike. He hid it very poorly too, at least acting wasn't his job.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nivien St. Croix
 Posted on: May 18 2017, 11:44 AM

Pinky

shipper tracker message

It was not until Nate had stepped back out of the dressing room, that Nivien truly realized there had been a misunderstanding. As he bombarded her with terms and names she was unfamiliar with, the older wolf got to her feet. It hadn't been the first time a mistake like that was made. Most people probably didn't even think of bicycles much anymore. It was pretty impractical for how far she lived out from work, not to mention it had no use in inclement weather. Good or bad though, Nivien made it work. The day it really became an unhappy struggle to pedal herself up to the roadhouse and home every day, would be the day she considered other options.

Trying to not be too nosy, she gave Nate's finds a quick glance. It seemed they both had managed to find a lot this trip. Shifting her own bundle of clothes between her arms, Niv led the way through the back of the store to the front. A casual pace so that she could still look at things and let him talk. He seemed passionate about the subject and it seemed a shame to make him stop and almost heartbreaking to think she would have to tell him she didn't ride a motorcycle. "I'm not familiar with ah, those types. Anything pre-war though always gets my respect." Solidarity at work for all things pre-war like herself. "Suzie is a really great name. I had an Aunt Susan, she was a bit of wildcard I'm told. She used to run a saloon, carried a gun and wasn't afraid to use it." Which was putting it mildly but she'd spare Nate from having to hear her family histories.

Nivien made an abrupt stop, crouching down in front of a shelf full of children's books. A finger ran over every spine, reading the titles off in her head. Pulling a variety out, they were quickly added to her treasure pile. Standing back up, she offered Nate an apologetic smile before continuing toward the register. Even before there was a chance to set her things down on the counter, Nancy had suddenly made her reappearance smiling toothily at them both. "Find everything alright, Niv? Oh, and who's this now? Boyfriend? He's a looker, that's for sure. Good job." Nancy beamed at Nate, every so often glancing between the two of them. The other woman began to pull things from Nivien's stack, ringing up her purchases and folding everything again.

"Ah, no. No. No. This is Nate, he's a friend." Sure, it was a hopeful lie. They were not exactly friends yet but they were definitely not anything else either. There was even a little laugh, because awkward mistakes were fun. Nancy didn't seem convinced though and after ringing up Nivien's purchases, she even threw in a special discount when ringing up Nate on account he was Nivien's 'special friend'. If ever there were a time she might die of embarrassment it would be right now. Clearing her throat a few more times than was needed or normal she pointed to the yellow bicycle leaning against the shop's front window. Complete with front and side baskets, it looked out of place in a modern city. "Oh, ah. You were asking what kind of bike I had. There it is. Not ah, a motorcycle obviously." Was he finished paying for everything? Could they flee soon?

PM
^
Nathaniel Abbott
 Posted on: May 20 2017, 03:31 AM

Avy

shipper tracker message

Nathaniel was oblivious to the inner turmoil that Nivien was going through, all he thought about was the splendor of motorcycles. There hadn't been any admiration or love for vehicles before he arrived in New Greenwich. Walking, or just running wild as his wolf form was just fine. Yet here he needed new, he needed to build something for himself that resembled a life. After all the original and true Nathaniel Abbott died with his family. Each grave he dug, a piece of him was left inside of it. So Nate found ways to fill his time, it wasn't hard. New Greenwich was trying to get back on it's feet, rebuilt itself too. Work was easy to come by, and so were hobbies.

"Ah, I wish it was pre-war, but it's just a recreation. So maybe it's a bit safer, but doesn't exactly get the full credibility of being a collector's item," Nate sighed. It was a shame that he couldn't find one pre-war, but considering the condition it would likely be in there would be very little that could be safe to actually ride. It would belong more in a museum. Especially considering Nate knew next to nothing about how the bikes worked, he just loved the craft of them. Always a bridesmaid never a bride.

"I wouldn't doubt the saloon was better for her gun, probably added to the allure," he said with a chuckle imagining the stereotypical texan saloon. There were girls with frilly dresses that tempted men with the wiggle of their finger, and there was a barkeep who was always polishing a glass. When Nivien stopped so suddenly, he was curious as to what caught her eye. As a wolf his reflexes were quick enough that there wasn't any embarrassing collision, however, he did feel a little too close to her. Then a shiver was felt through his spine. Nancy was smiling too much, and her eyes were too greedy. The cat that caught the canary, that was what she looked like. Didn't help much that there was cat fur all over her, and while the shop was clean and well kept he could still smell cat. Not the over flowing of a litterbox but just the noticeable and plain cat. It would likely never leave the shop even after a century passed by.

When she mentioned boyfriend Nate arched an eye and then glanced at Nivien. Now, suddenly not oblivious to the awkward tension between them, having been lulled into a slight comfortable conversation he gave a slight chuckle. "Sorry m'am, Niv and I root for the same team," he lied as he put a hand behind his head and scratched at the back of his nape. "She helps me out from time to time as my wing woman though, damn good at it," he added with a beaming oddly genuine smile. Nate didn't care how people viewed his sexual preferences, there was no need for him to care. Besides it'd been so long that he'd actually emotionally invested in a woman that he might as well have been part robot. Sure, he had his urges, and didn't go about suppressing them. The girls at the Fox's Fancy were lovely, and sometimes they didn't take his money, or the women from after the club closed. There was no need for anything more. Since his time as a lone wolf, the idea of anything serious became unimportant and he quite liked it that way.

When they finally stepped out after he paid and gave Nancy one last beaming smile, He saw his mistake in believing she had meant a motorcycle rather than an actual bicycle his cheeks visibly went red. "I shouldn't have assumed," he frowned while he turned to look at her, and then the bicycle. Oddly placed as it was, he found it suited her. Even though he'd only known her a couple minutes of course she'd use a bicycle. In fact as he pictured it, her on a motorcycle seemed a bit out of place. Although he figured she would likely suitably fit into the aesthetic of anything she chose. Of course a cop would, they had to have some sort of boundless confidence or facade of confidence to put up with a job like that. "Suzie is there," he mentioned as he pointed over to the black bike. It wasn't brand new, but it was clearly taken care of. "I feel bad for droning on about different models now... I uh... I know a good food truck if you want a greasy burger as an apology for moaning on and on about motorcycles that you likely don't really care to know about," he added with a nervous chuckle.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nivien St. Croix
 Posted on: Jun 3 2017, 03:43 PM

Pinky

shipper tracker message

Once they had stepped out of the shop, she let out a breath that Nivien was not even aware she had been holding in. The wolf loved the shop and the couple that ran it. However, every now and then, Nancy liked to wedge herself into the affairs of its patrons. It wasn't spurred from any real malice that Nivien could see, Nancy was just old and enjoyed meddling whenever she could. If she was being completely honest with herself, there was nothing more she looked forward to than growing old enough to become a meddling old lady. She only hoped by then she had a cane and wasn't afraid to use it on someone for even the smallest infraction and playing matchmaker to everyone younger than herself. Glancing over her shoulder, she peered back through the glass and waved one final time to the couple before turning away completely.

Shaking her head, she stepped over to her bicycle setting her purchases down into the side baskets. "It's not a big deal, I probably should have said so before. Honestly, I figured most of the Pack knew by now." She gave him what she hoped was an encouraging smile and didn't end up looking more like awkward constipation. Making certain everything in the baskets was secure when she did decide to pedal off again, Nivien returned her attention to Nate. "I don't mind talking about your bike though. I love motorcycles at least riding on them. Not driving them but I just don't drive in general anymore." The she-wolf couldn't even remember when the last time she actually drove was. It had to be somewhere in the early days of New Greenwich at least.

"It's just not my speed." Which was true and might the first signs of her becoming the old lady of her dreams. For the most part, riding her bicycle worked for her. Of course, she didn't even try to ride it in bad weather any more, the looks from Riley alone were not worth the trouble. "So I'll pass on the apology burger but I will accept a budding friendship burger and let you talk about motorcycles all you want." She wiped her sweating hands down the thighs of jeans, hoping her sweating like a nervous weirdo was not a deal breaker in the whole burger deal. "Where's it at, anyway?" Maybe she had even heard of it, maybe they even had more in common than shopping at the same second hand store.

PM
^
Nathaniel Abbott
 Posted on: Jun 4 2017, 05:22 PM

Avy

shipper tracker message

Nate glanced at her bicycle. It suited her, and furthermore he felt a little foolish for thinking that she would have hopped up on a motorcycle as opposed to the good old fashion pedal bike. When she mentioned the pack though, he gave a haphazard shrug. She was probably right that most of the pack knew, but he usually didn't fall under the category of 'most of the pack'. He was the outsider, an obligated rescue pup that stayed back. He didn't seek to change that though, nor did he try to point that out for Nivien. She was being nice enough as it was, he wasn't about to walk down guilty lane.

"A retired road hog?" Nate questioned with a cheeky grin pulling at his lips. A long laugh line creasing in his cheek. "Friendship burger? Really, I feel so honoured," he said with a boy like giggle. "It's not too far from here, we can walk if you'd like," he suggested with a slight arch of his brow before he waved his hand toward the way they needed to start going. He was already stepping off in that direction before she answered. Nate felt like a race between a pedal bike and a motorcycle might not have been a fair race. So a leisurely walk would do, besides he enjoyed the idea of having a friendship burger.

It wasn't that Nate was a loner, but it was hard shifting his perspective from lone wolf to pack wolf. However, he was finding that the packmates he did happen to run into were a lot friendlier than he had expected. Mostly due to the fact that he was simply worried more over his chosen profession and how to not have that disrupt the way the pack ran. It was a promise he made to Riley.

Yet, if he could manage to make friends with a cop in the pack, perhaps it would give Riley a bit more of a reason to trust him and his decision to work with the Calpulli. "They have this great mozzarella burger that has mushrooms stuffed inside, and then there are their deep fried pickles," he grumbled as he started to feel the itch of hunger creeping up slowly on him. The neverending need to eat was the undoing of a wolf. If ever a wolf declined any food, then they were sick, dead, or simply hated whoever offered. No other reason would seem even remotely possible to him.

"So you... work for the cops here right?" he asked deciding to give his warm welcome to the large elephant trailing behind them. Remembering how she acted when she first saw him, he knew that his job wasn't lost on her either. Get the issue out of the way, and enjoy food. That was the best way to deal with anything.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nivien St. Croix
 Posted on: Jun 5 2017, 01:59 PM

Pinky

shipper tracker message

Nivien had briefly agonized over the use of friendship burger as a term. Had it been overly weird and cheesy? Her whole existence probably could be described as that to be honest. Perhaps Nate was a kindred spirit in that regard because he didn't seem to mind it, if anything he seemed open to the idea even more. It was then that a little voice she tried to bury deep, poked it's ugly head out and made her question if he was making fun of her or not. Pushing back that thought where it came from, the older wolf finished securing her purchases and checked on her bicycle's lock. Mentally she scolded herself for even thinking it, even if it was pure habit by now. Giving her bicycle one last look, she stepped away from it to follow after Nate. It was unlikely that anyone was going to try and steal her ride or the few things in the baskets. If they did, well, they probably needed the old clothes more than she did. They could get themselves stuck in that dress for all she cared, it probably would be a fitting enough punishment for stealing anyway.

"I don't mind walking." She offered, catching up with him in a few quick strides. Falling in beside him, the strap of her patchwork bag was adjusted on her shoulder. Squinting into the sun briefly, Nivien looked away and down the street in the direction they were heading. She had been so sure she knew this area like the back of her freckled hand, had she missed out on knowing a good food truck all this time? "I have to say Nate, that burger sounds a bit weird but that's why I'm going to try it." Hopefully that didn't sound insulting in anyway whatsoever, this was after all a trip to celebrate friendship, it wouldn't do to start it off on a bad foot or two. Speaking of bad feet, it was just at that time, when she was not really paying attention to the ground under her that she found the broken piece in the sidewalk.

The toe of her sneaker found the pit in the concrete first, causing the rest of her body to lurch forward a little and awkwardly flail about to keep her balance. It had been enough to cause her heart to race but thankfully there was no danger of kissing the pavement this time. "Cripes, why were you right there?" She asked, frozen in place for a time. Had she been talking to Nate or that broken bit of sidewalk? It was probably hard to tell at the time. With a sigh, the she-wolf made a cautious step over the rest of it, maybe Nate hadn't seen it happen, maybe he hadn't heard her talking to the concrete. Maybe she was going to run for Miss New Greenwich too. That thought made her laugh a little, "Don't worry, I found the broken bits, saved you the trouble." That seemed like a lame response but it was the only one she could manage to play the whole debacle down. Look at her, so calm and funny under pressure.

"Oh." The she-wolf's pace slowed at the question. It wouldn't be the first time she was asked that, in that same way. Of course, she was well aware of what it was that Nate got up to, in the general sense. Or at least, who he chose to associate with, if that was the right term for it. Nate didn't seem a bad sort of person and he didn't cause trouble that she had seen for the Pack, so she found it as mostly a nonissue at this point. In the world they lived in, not everything was as black and white as she had hoped them to be. A person could belong to many circles by circumstance, it didn't mean they couldn't be good people. Those sorts of things had to be considered when dealing with how very complicated the world was now.

He glanced to Nate, still walking beside her. Hoping that it wouldn't change by what she might say next. "Ah, yeah. I'm just a dispatcher though? I mean, I did and do have formal training and could have been an officer if I wanted." Nervously she played with a bracelet and went back to looking out for where she was walking. "I mean, I still can I guess. I used to work for the D.N for like..well a really long time. Not to mention all of the work she had done during the Blood War itself. She fidgeted with her bracelet a little more before finally letting it go. "To be honest, I've been in the thick of things for a long time. I wanted to still help people but..not be too involved. I hope that doesn't come across a too horrible as it sounds. I mean, I still want to be involved in helping people. I just, think being an officer right now would be too much for me." Here was hoping she had explained in an manner in which Nate could actually understand and that it didn't send him running.

PM
^
Nathaniel Abbott
 Posted on: Jun 5 2017, 10:48 PM

Avy

shipper tracker message

Nate's eyes went wide with her curiosity of the hamburger. He put a hand to his chest, almost taking true offense to her skepticism. His mouth dropping slightly for only a moment before he shook his head and begun a short chuckle. "You will certainly look back on today and realize that this friendship burger is monumental between us. It not only symbolizes our togetherness as kindred spirits but also the day you really branched out into some fine cuisine," he explained as he ran a hand through his shaggy hair. Over two years since he'd come to the city, and he still hadn't found a good italian joint, but he had scoured the city for the best hamburgers. It had been renewed within him since Honey had showed him the diner.

It wasn't until she fell flat on her face that Nate stared at her. His brows were furrowed together in confusion as she assured him on finding the broken bits. "You really are... special my new friend," Nate pieced together. He didn't want to offend her, but he couldn't help but worry about how hard her face had hit the concrete. However something told him asking that would be a little inappropriate. Or at the very least, a bit too rude for someone he'd just met and was trying to become friends with.

Nate wasn't the sharpest spoon in the drawer, and for the most part he was a little dense when it came to women - unless he happened to be diving in head first for something specific. These did not hinder his keen observational skills when it came to being able to notice that his curiosity put others into a bit of an awkward corner. As someone who didn't like to talk about his own past, he felt like he had an extra sense to be able to notice the same thing in others. So watching Nivien play with her bracelet and the way she kept her sentences short and to the point, made him feel a little guilty for asking.

"Understandable," he said with a warm smile. "You are allowed to actually choose where you want to work you know... If you don't think one thing is right for you, then I would have to say that's probably right. Especially with something like being a cop," he said with a shake of his head. "I say it's pretty admirable that you are finding a way to still help while navigating your own whatnot," he said with a wave of his hands as if to describe whatever she was going through in one swift movement. Truth was, he didn't know what she was going through, and he wasn't going to ask. Not because he didn't care, even though they just met and were embarking on a friendship journey together. Instead it was because he did care, he didn't want to dredge up whatever dark stuff was in the past. No need for it.

"Now this burger joint, it's got a lot more than just the burgers. I mean, I've gone a couple times now, I have to say their burgers are the best, but if you're damn hungry you have to try their poutine thing. It's apparently from Canada, or whatever, anyways it's got fries, gravy and then these cheese curds. It's a damn lovely greasy mess, and it's best enjoyed with a milkshake. I've tried the strawberry and vanilla ones with it, going to try the chocolate one this time," he said with a boy like wide smile that curled from ear to ear.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nivien St. Croix
 Posted on: Jun 6 2017, 01:38 PM

Pinky

shipper tracker message

Her past was mired in all sorts of tales better left unsaid upon a first or even the tenth meeting. Everyone that wanted to hear tales about the war, wanted to hear about the great battles fought and or personal stories of bravery. Nobody wanted to hear stories of many years of abuse in one form or another or what she did to survive. Nivien was certainly not comfortable with talking about it. So she had always left it short and as simple as possible, as she had with Nate. She had been in it for a long time and she was taking a long deserved break. He seemed understanding and did not make a run for it the moment she confirmed that she did indeed work for the New Greenwich Police Department. For which she would be eternally grateful, that would have made possible encounters in the future with the Pack awkward.

Her steps dragged when they passed by a shop window, her dark gaze quickly scanning the book titles. With a laundry list longer than she was tall already of books to yet read, she looked away to pay attention to where it was she was walking again, not ready to repeat her previous graceful fall anytime soon. Her steps almost halted altogether, as Nate picked up his burger conversation from earlier. "Woah, that's a pretty bold statement. You've eaten at the roadhouse right? You think they are better than there?" It wasn't going to come down to a throw down in the streets over burger loyalty or anything, she was just generally curious. "I've heard of that before but I've never actually tried it. Back when I was younger I kept hoping my parents and I would take a trip to Canada. I always figured I'd try it when that happened." Back when flying was cheaper and massively long car trips were a thing, a trip into Canada would have been no big deal. The St. Croix family never made that trip to Canada instead opting for the whole of New England. "I guess I sorta forgot that it even existed really." Or perhaps more accurately she was surprised it had survived over the years.

She huffed out a breath, Nate gave her some things to think about. She had to try this burger but she had a real interest in finally tasting poutine as well. Thankfully being a werewolf meant she could eat both and be well and fully satisfied with only a slim chance of over eating. "So yeah, don't judge or anything but ah, I'll probably get both." Not that it really needed to be said, he probably understood. It was just wolf things.

Shoving her hands into her pockets, Nivien wondered if it would be okay to talk about his work. It seemed only fair since they had cleared the air about her being a cop of sorts. The she-wolf didn't want details but a little something might be alright. How did one really go about asking how it was working for a criminal organization? She wasn't even sure she wanted to know that answer either. "Soooo.." The wolf allowed the one word drag on awkwardly until she continued "I feel weird asking about your job. I know what it is in a general sense so ah, you know, we don't have to talk about that or anything. I was just ah, going to say to..to.. to you know, be careful and ah stuff." Yep, that couldn't have been more awkward at all.

"I don't care, I mean I do care but not that you are..you know. So yeah, just putting that out there." Taking that moment to look around, was the food truck in sight yet? It was time to shut up and eat and maybe make better conversation than this.

PM
^
Nathaniel Abbott
 Posted on: Jun 8 2017, 07:46 PM

Avy

shipper tracker message

"I was given a breakfast, but I haven't had the pleasure of sitting down for a burger," Nate admitted with a shy smile. He couldn't deny that the breakfast was good, but more than that he tried to keep out of the pack's way. It was just easier that way. "Then I'm glad that I've reminded you of the culinary masterpiece that is a poutine. Your life will be better for it," he smirked happily. Truly if he wasn't a wolf he was sure that there would be a cause for concern with how much he ate. Not to mention what he ate, it was all less than healthy. In fact he couldn't exactly remember the last time he'd chosen to actually eat something healthy.

"Why'd I judge?" Nate asked as he shook his head and gave a slight shrug. Judging a wolf for their appetite was condemning a fish for swimming. The two were constantly hand in hand with each other. Couldn't have one without the other really.

When the conversation became a little more strained at the mention of his job he held in a sigh. Her words were from the heart, and she was trying her best not to step on any unspoken triggers for tension. Nate appreciated it, but he also felt guilty for having her jump through hoops. "You know, a lot of people tell me that," Nate admitted finally, this time with his crooked smile showing off his pearly whites. "I appreciate the concern though, truly," he said with a quick nod before he looked over at her, his smile becoming warmer.

Even with everyone he would come to know in the pack telling him to turn away from the Calpulli, he couldn't. Not because he felt trapped, but instead he just didn't want to. Life as a lone wolf for over half a century changed him, and the Calpulli helped him when no one else would. Even if others couldn't understand that, he wouldn't turn away. His loyalty had been won successfully by Quetzala and her mafia, at times he wondered if he thought the Calpulli were more like a pack than the Etawa, but he refused to answer that question. Nate was scared he wouldn't like what conclusion he ended coming up with.

When they turned a corner, the diner popped out in view. A little worse for wear even though they'd only been open a couple months it was the whole aesthetic of New Greenwich. Not even new businesses could escape the past of the rebellion, and then the breach of the wall. "Ta-da," he sang out happily. "Be prepared to pick up your socks, cause they're going to be blown off," he snickered finding himself a little more amusing than he ought to have.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Nivien St. Croix
 Posted on: Jun 9 2017, 01:53 PM

Pinky

shipper tracker message

The moment they rounded the corner, her already large brown eyes seemed to grow bigger. The older wolf had adventured this way many times before and some how had missed this place each and every time. "I can't believe I didn't know this was here." It briefly made her wonder what other hidden gems nearby she might have been missing out on. At the mention of socks, her gaze dropped to the mismatched socks just peeking out above her sneakers. It was getting near to laundry day, which meant the only socks in her drawer were those without mates. Honestly, she was okay with her socks being blown off if that were a real thing at this point.

Smiling over to him, her pace quickened. Eager to immerse herself further in the smells that teased her now, the older wolf even began to pull a little ahead of her walking companion. She would never have guessed she had had two meals today already with the way her stomach was already grumbling. It seemed a larger second lunch was definitely in order today. Comparing her eating habits to that of a Hobbit was something she could live with easily. "How long have you been going to Nine Lives or was that your first time?" Now that they had hopefully gotten the awkward part over with, maybe they could have an actual conversation that didn't result in her verbally stumbling over herself and or physically tripping on the sidewalk. "I've pretty much been going there since they opened myself. The owners are real sweet, so I guess I've just stayed loyal to them mostly." Noticing just how many steps ahead she had gotten she slowed herself down again.

"I try to hit up all the second hands in the area a couple times a month. I think my house must be like 90% built out of stuff from them and the junk yard." Maybe that was a bit of stretch but it had to be pretty close. She had managed to make herself a tiny house for next to nothing, thanks to those places. "Or do you usually go somewhere else? She was always interested in knowing other places that might have gently used furniture and clothing. The city was big, it stood to reason she hadn't visited them all yet or even knew about them all yet. When they had made their final approach to Nate's famed eatery, the she-wolf and drank in the sights and sounds. It didn't look any worse than any of the other places around it and if anything it had character. She could always appreciate that.
PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Plagued PP All of Me TH EF WATS LTMTD Abstruse
NT AFF AFF AFF AFF AFF AFF AFF AFF