Ferocious is an 18+ supernatural and post apocalyptic RP based in the city-state of New Greenwich, Oregon with a rating of 3/3/3. Please register an OOC account then a character account, before applying. The Cbox is guest-friendly, so please feel free to ask any questions!

UPDATES!

9.15 - Everyone loves a bargain? Wanted Spotlights and Character Spotlights now cost less gems! Take a peek Here.

9.15 - WE NEED YOU! (And your opinions). Movie night is looking for new days & times that suit YOU Click Me.

8.8 - A mysterious murder has taken place at the Unity Monument! Details HERE.

7.29 - Event update #3! Enter to win a piece of artwork from Pinky! Details HERE.

7.19 — Event update #2! A fae section has been open to the public in the zoo with necessary precautions set in place!

7.09 — Event update #1! Have your character sponsor an animal! Find out more HERE!

7.08 — Our first event is up! Come learn about the New Greenwich tradition of the Summer Gala HERE!

7.03 — Our second movie night is Wednesday 7.12. Suggest a movie HERE!

6.24 — Our first movie night is Wednesday 6.28. Suggest a movie HERE!

6.16 — You've decided! Here's when our next event will be!

6.09 — When should we have our next event? You decide!

6.03 — We have a new skin on the site! Have any feedback? Found a gremlin running around? Let us know HERE!

6.01 — Our winners in the Anniversary Emoji Hunt have been announced. Congrats to everyone!

5.17 — We're one month old! Join the celebration and get a prize!

5.07 — Has your character ever wanted their tarot cards read? Now they can! Sign up HERE

4.22 — Come play real life D&D with your character! Sign up HERE

Wanted Spotlight

The Monster Mash

Latest News

Mysterious murder at Unity Monument!

Character Spotlight

Gabriel Quinn

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Closed
New Poll

I'll find strength in pain, tag: Kate
Svetlana Godfrey
 Posted on: May 27 2017, 01:16 PM
age: Thirty-four occupation: Adviser to the Conclave organization: The Conclave posts: 169 gems: 2150

Starling

shipper tracker message

Kate and Lana had grown up in the same circles. Sort of. At parties they would say hello, and Lana was easy enough to get along with that she could be friends with just about anyone. Kate however, had not had as kind a home life as Lana had, and while the fae had had her own share of despair in her past, the two half-faes had dealt with them in completely different ways.

It didn't mean they still couldn't be friends. At least that's what Lana thought.

Lana had been struggling with the issues of her own weaknesses and mortality for many years now, even more so once she had begun dating Isaac. When they had gotten married, and the Uprising occurred, it was even more starkly apparent that she was a gaping weak point for a man who had once ruled the entire city. It was good that that power was now shared among others. Svetlana was highly in favor of the new oligarchy that had taken power, but she could still be exploited should someone choose to damage Isaac.

Eventually, it had gone even beyond that. She wanted to be strong for herself. To feel empowered in her own skin, and that was a daunting task for a woman who was often mild-mannered and "lady-like." Her mothers could have taught her self-defense easily, and she knew enough to pull herself free should someone attempt to make a come on that was unwelcome, but she'd never asked her kitsune mothers for more. It felt like a wasted opportunity.

Thankfully, she had heard of Kate's decision to join the Defense Network. She admired the half-kitsune's resolve and persistence. Working up the courage, she sent her an email that had more or less asked, "Do you feel comfortable teaching me anything from self-defense that you might have learned in your training?"

To Lana's astonishment, Kate had been very welcome of the idea, if not surprised on her own to hear from the half-dryad. They have never been more than acquaintances: familiar faces who spoke on topics of near nonsense that was considered appropriate in such settings, but they'd always shared a sense of camaraderie, Lana felt.

Lana had proposed the place: there was a gym that was an offshoot of the Memorial Hospital mostly for patients who were taking physical therapy, but it had just about every piece of work out equipment one could manage. And since her husband owned the hospital and the genetics laboratory next door, it was easy enough for Lana to get a large room and section reserved for their own personal use.

The door was locked with a card reader, which Lana easily overrided with a keycard provided to her. Leaving the door propped, she entered the room which was normally used for cardio classes, all the walls covered in mirrors to allow for inspection of technique and poise. Flipping on the lights, she set her water bottle and a towel down on the ground near the side of the room, and took off her gym shoes.

She'd gotten there early, so it was the perfect time for her to meditate for a short time, and get her emotions, as well as her powers in check.

@Squeeji

--------------------
\
PM
^
Kate Torres
 Posted on: May 29 2017, 12:43 AM
age: 44 occupation: Guard organization: Defense Network posts: 45 gems: 1325

Squeeji

shipper tracker message

There was once a time when Kate had been a perfect little lady, she had been prim and proper, and then...all hell broke loose. Of course her reasoning behind her rebellion had been a hotly debated discussion among the social circles that Lana and she once called their own. But the fact of the matter was, the half-kitsune had been finished with the lies and oppression that that had left a twisted mark on this city's soul. Fae and vampires had built it on the back of the weak...and while things had gotten much better- she was still angry.

Anger got shit done for Kate, the Breach had simply given her direction...she was never going to be weak again, and if someone else wanted to better themselves well...who was she to say no? Would have been hypocritical of her to say no to the other half-breed, even though they had hardly spoken to one another in years. But anything to get her out of the house she supposed, it wasn't as though she was doing anything better with her time when she wasn't at work.

Of course, maybe she should have said something about maybe grabbing a drink and you know...doing something social rather than teach a tree-girl how to kick some ass and take some names.

But hey, out of the house was out of the house, and it wasn't as though she was very good at playing nice anymore. That was old, dead Kate's schtick, she wasn't that girl anymore. Besides, Lana was married to Godfrey, and while she had heard good things, she could never possibly imagine that someone that had hired her father was a good guy. It was all politics, so it wouldn't hurt to make sure that someone else wasn't cleanly under someone's thumb...just like Kate had been most of her life.

Still it felt a bit like a trap, they were going into the vampire's own turf, and if she hadn't been so woefully confident that she was tougher than anything an old leech could throw her way...she might have been paranoid that this was going to be some way to get rid of the last sympathizer in her family, they had already taken care of her mother long ago, so it would have made sense. "Hey, sorry I'm late...the alarm didn't go off." She had been up particularly late the night before just because she couldn't sleep, instead she cleaned her weapons, ate a bowl of cereal and looked out at the city skylights until she finally passed out, so late in the evening was just when she startled herself back into awareness.
PM
^
Svetlana Godfrey
 Posted on: May 29 2017, 10:35 PM
age: Thirty-four occupation: Adviser to the Conclave organization: The Conclave posts: 169 gems: 2150

Starling

shipper tracker message

Lana heard Kate's voice as she entered the room, but didn't stir for a moment. She finished her breathing cycle, letting out the air and then unfold, turning her head to look at Kate. It hadn't felt that long. "It's no problem," Lana said in response, pushing herself up from the padded ground with her hands behind her. "I usually get to places early. . . force of habit, besides I was pretty excited about it all." That wasn't an exaggeration either. Lana had never learned anything to do with actual combat in her life, or fighting. She was honestly a pacifist in all things, although she could write a mean letter! And her tongue could be quite sharp if she didn't keep it in check.

"I hope it was easy to find the place. I just figured this would be best spot considering I could get it cleared without anyone questioning it. Plus there's always extra rooms on a weekday at this time of night," Lana explained before putting her hands on her hips, and smiling at Kate.

"Thanks again for doing this. I really appreciate it. I've never really done anything like this before so I'll be honest I'm nervous, but I was thinking we could go out for food, or drinks or something afterward? My treat since I pulled you into this mess." She didn't look too different from back in the day. Well, she did somewhat, obviously. It had been years, but it was comforting to Lana to see a familiar face, and she hoped it was the same for Kate.

"So, how do we start, stretching first? Do I need to put my shoes back on? Teach me, sensei!" Lana said, clearly stoked up, clapping her hands and then rubbing them together, and fighting the urge to bounce up and down. She was at the end of her day, but still had energy, though perhaps not as much as a half-kitsune might. They were known for being firecrackers, and that was evident by her mothers who had never seemed to run out of battery.

"There's also other equipment I can have brought in if you need something you don't see here. The staff is actually really nice and accommodating!" Lana had never stopped to think that they might have been nice and accommodating because one word from her could mean they lose their jobs. The dryad didn't think that way about things though, using her influence usually only for good, and her patience was long for just about anyone. It was only when someone else was truly unkind or hurtful that Lana started to take notice.

OOC: Sorry a bit short, but taking the lead from Kate here! :)

--------------------
\
PM
^
Kate Torres
 Posted on: Jun 1 2017, 03:26 AM

Squeeji

shipper tracker message

"Yeah...no problem."

The hafu looked around just gauging the situation, after all, she still wasn't if ever completely at ease in this, or any situation. But Lana had always been a straight shooter with her, she just had to trust. Which was really the difficulty here. "Right, because it was hard to find...I'm pretty sure my dad's guys made this." Probably, they had been a big part of the city's reconstruction, hired on by the half-dryad's husband himself. So you know...there was that, which was nice. So the place was in good shape- it was just like a mausoleum for her past. Kate's brows bobbed, and she shook her head, "It's no mess...it's something I think everyone would know." Which was why she was happy to oblige Lana's curiosity. "But I won't say no to food..." There, that little fae hangup was handled, they owed each other nothing, and everything was square...she would have been a fool to not know how this really worked.

They were simply creatures of habit after all.

Speaking of, Kate pulled her foot forward nearly to her face, and then back, nearly to her head...both legs, before she pulled her her arms across her chest. Stretching just because it was mentioned. "If you want...dork." She chuckled, "But I wouldn't worry...we're gonna start out real slow." She held out her hand for Lana, because there was no need to a bunch of things, especially when they were starting at the ground level- "Since you won't have anything but yourself in a real situation...I mean I don't carry any weapons outside of work, that's for sure. Instead...I have this:" She made a fist, and then looked over at Lana.

"I mean making a good fist is hard...so, you fold over your fingers...and make sure to keep your wrist straight, and your thumb over it...because if you put it inside, you'll break your fingers and your thumb." She made sure to demonstrate and then loosened her fist and put her hand out. "Here, give me your hand, I'll show you." There was actually a trick to it, believe it or not, and finger and subsequently knuckle placement was key to making your very own flesh and bone weapon. Even if she was a little concerned that her natural bluntness might have meant she sounded a bit patronizing- it wasn't her intention, but she could see someone taking her that way. It happened often enough.
PM
^
Svetlana Godfrey
 Posted on: Jun 5 2017, 10:51 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

Lana was, of course, bound by debt as any fae might be, though half-fae seemed to be less bound by their promises and offers, if only by a little bit. Still her offer had been made out of goodwill, so she was confused by the way Kate responded. Writing it off as just feeling awkward around someone she hadn't seen in a while, Lana simply smiled and nodded. "All right then, we'll take it by ear." If they wanted food afterward, then they'd go get food.

"Oh.." Lana stared a bit. She wasn't nearly that flexible, and apparently stretching was unnecessary. Instead, she put herself planted on the ground with her feet about shoulder width apart, trying to settle herself. If nothing else, her time in meditation had taught her how to stand tall. "Well, okay then." She accepted this and nodded.

"Sometimes I carry pepper spray but not too often. I used to do it more," the half-dryad confessed, "Back before Reformer's Borough was. . . the Reformer's Borough." It had been her, along with the city, that had reformed it, though Lana would never take credit for it, at least most of it. Still, she'd lived in that place when it had still been almost a slum. While she'd stayed in probably the nicest area, there was crime everywhere, and more than once she'd walked home wondering if someone had been following her. "And, I've also uh, used my keys. Slip one of each in between your fingers in a fist, and if someone comes at you. . ." There were a few things she had learned, but they felt superficial. She wanted to be able to feel strength and confidence in knowing that she was prepared if someone wanted to come after her. This is why she was happy that Kate didn't talk about weapons. She wanted to be able to do this at any place, at any time without having to worry, 'Oh, shoot, my pepper spray is in the glove compartment.'

Lana tried to mimic what Kate did but was unsure if she was doing it right. It felt unnatural, which most things did when one was unaccustomed to them, but she was relieved when Kate asked her to offer her hand. She did so without even thinking about Kate's tone, gazing down at their combined hands to see what she would do with her fingers. "So did they teach the stuff you're going to teach me at the DN or did you learn it elsewhere, too?" The half-fae didn't look up from their hands as she asked though, trying to soak in every bit of her teachings at once, even though she knew it was going to take muscle memory as well.

--------------------
\
PM
^
Kate Torres
 Posted on: Jun 8 2017, 07:08 PM

Squeeji

shipper tracker message

That was her secret Lana, as cool as she fronted, Kate was always low-key awkward. So whether it was the distance of exposure or just misplaced instinct...it didn't matter, the outcome was the same. Just general weirdness, the kind that was hard to shake. "Works for me."

She nodded curtly, by then she'd suss out what this was all really about and whether she ought to be worried. All signs pointed to probably not/nah. But you could never be too careful as a Kate. She learned caution the hard way and then got too cocky to heed it. The half-kitsune finished her exercises and smirked at Lana, "But it is fun." A laugh, someone was finally settling in.

"Well yeah and the one time you need it you left it in your other purse or whatever." That was just Murphy's law right there. Anyways there was something to be said about the effectiveness of pepper spray. "And even then that doesn't mean it will work. Anyone can build a resistance to mace...and good luck using it on something dead.". Pffst as if. There was just a reasonable skepticism there.

A wince crossed her face at the mention of car keys. "That works...in a pinch- to take though, don't ever stab or you'll totally break your fingers. Trust me on that." Kate put up her unfisted hand and spoke of personal experience...heck, not only did she break her fingers, she had lost her keys in some ferocious. Which was completely fucked up enough she giggled, enough so she knew she owed Lana an explanation. "Somewhere out there...a ferocious has my house keys. I didn't get my security deposit back...I still can't with that." Her sides burned from amusement but work beckoned.

"Self defense? I learned that on my own."

Kate adjusted the other fae's hand, doing it a few times to commit it somewhat to Lana's muscle memory. "Since you don't need boot camp I don't think." She wouldn't want to put anyone through that, "You feel that? Just how it all places together?"
PM
^
Svetlana Godfrey
 Posted on: Jun 10 2017, 12:06 AM

Starling

shipper tracker message

Kate had read her mind about the pepper spray. It was just better to be able to use one's body. A person didn't leave their arms or legs behind, unless, Lana supposed, they had a prosthesis. Thankfully, however, she had been blessed with all her limbs in tact to this day.

Admittedly, when Lana had been thinking about self-defense, she had not been thinking about Ferocious, although Kate made a good point. There had been the breach a few years ago, and Lana herself had been stuck with Ferocious invading the city, separated from Isaac and most people who would have willingly protected herself. She was in a group of people who had actively fought against her in every move, although were apparently grateful for her ability to pull strings and get them airlifted out of a red zone. Having had some way to protect herself then, not just from Ferocious, but from other people would have been welcome, and made her feel far less cornered. She hoped that she would never come face to face with one of those monsters again.

The half-fae nodded at her caution though looked a little confused at her giggle, unsure of why breaking a hand was funny. Svetlana blinked and then smiled as Kate explained. It was pretty funny when she put it like that, but somehow Lana wasn't sure she'd be able to laugh about it like Kate did. It flashed coping mechanism in the back of the former-counselor's mind knowing that many people turned to humor in order to help get past traumatic events.

"Hopefully I would never need that much training," the woman agreed, watching how Kate folded her fingers and noting how warm, but calloused her palms were. It was an indication that she wasn't idle anymore, but rather did work with her hands, which if she was part of the DN, this was unsurprising to Lana. She nodded once more at her question. "Yeah. It feels a little awkward, but I think I'm just not used to it." She could tell how this would prevent from breaking her thumb though. Now it was on the outside, not to be crushed or dislocated. It felt firm and solid.

Lana lifted the fist and inspected it, feeling a bit derpy as she did so, but it felt important to be able to see it too, even if the placement and how it felt was more important. Smirking a bit, Lana gave a few baby punches, jokingly keeping her wrist bent in bad form. "So I'm getting a feeling this isn't how I would punch either."

--------------------
\
PM
^
Kate Torres
 Posted on: Jun 13 2017, 02:35 AM

Squeeji

shipper tracker message

It was just common sense, if that was intuition so close to being psychic...then so be it, Kate wouldn't have been offended to be called out. She was the type of girl who sometimes spaced bringing all sorts of things to the point where she had a note on her door that read 'Keys, Phone, Wallet' so the concept of forgetting something like pepper spray was simply second nature to the likes of her.

Kind of like deflection via humor, that was second nature as well...and she didn't think twice about Lana's confusion- after all, her reaction was quickly explained. "I know it's stupid, but...sometimes you need stupid." She waved a hand, brushing off the conversation almost literally., a smile on her face as her brows knitted in thought about getting the half-dryad's hands in the right position, never even considering that she had broken the touch barrier, and that it was nearly intimate given how little they really knew one another. But Kate was like all foxes, somewhat blind to the concept of personal space.

"No joke." In a perfect world, no one would need to know half the things she knew, yet...the world was far from perfect, so here they were. "Well your other option is doing more of a loose palm...like this." She curled her own fingers and kept her thumb loose, "But then your only option is hoping your assailant is low enough you can bust their nose through their skull." Crude but effective. "Send the septum into the sinus...works surprisingly well in a pinch." Hopefully that wasn't such a grim concept that Lana was turned off from any other lessons entirely, but self defense wasn't about being nice- it was about surviving an attack, it really didn't matter what happened to an assailant in the after math, after all, they were the one expecting a victim.

Kate flashed a toothy grin. "Naw, that's just fine if you don't wanna write again with that hand." She teased and then showed her own wrist, straight and forward. "You want to make sure you lead with the first, and bring your arm with it, straight so you get all the power through it." In demonstration, she showed a punch, shadow boxing herself and then nodded, for Lana to try herself.
PM
^
Svetlana Godfrey
 Posted on: Jun 14 2017, 09:33 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

"So why does how the fist form matter how high the jerk is holding himself?" Lana asked curiously, not knowing intuitively the reason, but perhaps just as curious as any kitsune might be. The half-dryad had crinkled her nose when she'd imagined the graphic display of violence Kate had mentioned, but only for a second. This is what she had asked for, and she might be horrified by what she could do to someone, but in the end if someone was going to try to attack her, they deserved getting a nose bashed in by her tiny hand.

Lana grinned as Kate smiled, knowing that she'd correct her form. The woman watched as the kitsune showed her how it was done, taking note of the firm way she held her wrist in a horizontal fashion. "I see, so like a follow through in baseball? You want to have the power taken not just from the hand or the wrist, but from the whole arm or even your body to get maximum effectiveness." The only reason she even knew about baseball was because of her brother. No one in her family had ever even played the sport except for her father and brother, but she still remembered watching Papa give lessons to Alek. Those had been good days, and they'd likely have been cheering her on if they knew she was taking on this task of learning to protect herself.

Lana mimicked Kate again, setting herself up and then punching, her arm straight and firm. She shook out the arm, the extension feeling weird since most people never extended their limbs fully in action unless they absolutely had to. Being unused to the motion made her feel weak, and so she pulled her arm back again and attempted once more. Repeating the motion several more times, until it felt only a little less weird, Lana felt confident though was full expecting corrections from the woman beside her.

"How was that?" She asked inquisitively, shifting her feet as though attempting to get her footing to a more solid place now that she was shoving her hand out in front of her normal center of gravity.

--------------------
\
PM
^
Kate Torres
 Posted on: Jun 21 2017, 05:57 PM

Squeeji

shipper tracker message

"Easier to punch forward than up."

Kate shrugged, but it was the truth of it- maybe it didn't make too much sense, but when you were pretty south of five and a half feet trying to hit something taller than her just wasn't going to cut it. "Right, exactly like baseball. I guess? I never really got into it myself, funny you know...since my family is Puerto Rican? A lot of the greats in the diamond are...." Maybe if she had a brother things would have been different for herself, but with one highly older sister and not much else sort of put the kibosh on that whole thing. Though if you asked her, she wasn't missing much.

She trailed off, a little distracted as she got more hands on to direct Lana's movements. Little things, angles mostly. "In the end, you always should assume your attacker thinks they're stronger...so you have to get more creative. Go for anything soft and easily injured. Stomach, throat, groin. Those are the show stoppers y'know?" A smirk passed over her lips as she made a fist and mock punched those areas on a man that was most definitely a picture in her head.

"But good, you're doing good...but like...how are you feeling about it?"

Because there was a state of mind there that had to be addressed, it could be distressing- especially for someone like Lana, the little firefox knew she was...a kind soul, with no stomach for violence, and well she wasn't exactly taking any delight in disturbing her.
PM
^
Svetlana Godfrey
 Posted on: Jun 22 2017, 11:01 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

That made sense, but it was just not something Lana would have thought about, despite the fact that it was so obvious.

Lana giggled a bit as Kate said exactly and then seemed to backtrack. "I wasn't big into it either, but my older brother really liked it. He and papa would play it all the time in the backyard, and he'd pretend to be some big MVP running around all the bases and hitting home runs. The worst part is we had a huge forest that backed up to the house, and then we'd have to go searching for the ball out in the middle of nowhere. He was lucky we were inside the walls of Ukraine or we would have just had to give up on all the homeruns he hit!"

Lana wouldn't have traded having an older brother for anything, particularly not Alek, despite the trouble he'd given her. But since his disappearance once more after they'd reunited, part of her thought she might never see him again. Though it had been decades since they were apart the first time, maybe there was hope for a second miracle to bring them back to together once more.

"Better to knee in the groin, right? Seems low for a punch, or is punching lower easier than upwards?" Though she could definitely see how going for the soft points were definitely important. Throwing a few more punches, Lana nodded. "It's not bad. It feels awkward, but I think that's natural since it's not a movement I'm used to. Just need practice." Of course, Lana wasn't actively thinking about hitting a person, more like getting the movements down. If she was, perhaps it would have been more traumatizing to her. The half-dryad didn't want to hurt anyone, but she had come to the conclusion a few years ago that that feeling was not mutual with everyone else she might come into contact.

She made adjustments when Kate showed her, feeling as though the movement was firmer now, set in motion, not memorized. . . muscle memory came with days and days, or sometimes months, of practice, but she could feel now when she was doing it right.

"What next, boss? Another 100 repetitions?"

--------------------
\
PM
^
Kate Torres
 Posted on: Jun 27 2017, 02:03 AM

Squeeji

shipper tracker message

"Man you should have gotten a dog or something to chase those down..."

She smirked, but then she assumed that in a sense Lana and her siblings were used in the same way- just playing a game of fetch, but she didn't say that, nothing worse than implying someone was a bitch when that wasn't what you meant. Instead the kitsune snickered, letting the subject drop. It wasn't like she didn't have her own weird stories that read a little wrong if left to interpretation. That was just the downside of being born and raised as a halfbreed. Normal didn't apply.

However, that in consideration, she would have traded her older sister for a quarter if allowed. But that was only bitter grapes on her end. In another world they might have been the best of friends, but as it was, they were anything but. Though Sera always made a point to remind her who was full kitsune and who was a hafu, so the attitude didn't help.

"A knee is best, but if they grab you from behind you might not have the option." That was also the truth, but yes a big strong leg to the boys had a lot more stopping power. And she liked that, but ideal circumstances were hardly ever ideal. "That's normal...hell, when you ever have to fight you'll feel like you fucked it up anyways after you think about it. So I wouldn't sweat it too much, first time you lash out it's mostly instinct anyways, so you can only hope you revert to your training when you do." Harsh, but also just how Kate's survival of the fittest mentality worked- it was how she was raised, and again, there was a touch of savagery that you wouldn't think of foxes...until you read the legends.

She flashed an all too toothy smile . "Pretty much, see...now you're getting it!"
PM
^
Svetlana Godfrey
 Posted on: Jun 30 2017, 11:46 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

"Yeah, it would have been nice to have a dog growing up," Lana mused for a moment, wondering why they never had one. Their home had been on the outskirts, and having a canine to protect the home would have been a good investment. Lana had never asked for one, though animals in general had seemed to enjoy her company. Birds seemed to congregate at her bedroom window and more than once Alek and her would sit on her bed, watching them jump from branch to branch singing low and sweet songs to one another. "Thankfully I get to have a couple now, although no more baseball," she said somewhat wryly, wondering at the strange topsy turvy her world had since her childhood.

Lana nodded at the revelation. True, attackers probably would come from behind, even though she looked like an easy target. The less resistance, the better. The words that Kate gave her seemed from pure experience, and while Lana hoped that would never be lot in life, she had imagined that in the panic her body would fall into what it knew best. That could mean only one thing: she was going to have to set Kate's teachings to a daily or almost daily basis. Perhaps right after meditation or growth exercises out in the greenhouse would be a good time to add in a new habit to form.

The half-fae couldn't help but smile at the praise. She'd always been one to soak it up, but Kate's smile was also contagious for the dryad. "You're not just saying that to flatter me, are you?" Lana joked, her own smile still firmly in place. She continued to punch, until finally her arm was actually starting to grow sore.

"The other arm now? Or should I try punching something that actually has resistance?" They had a punching bag in the corner, one of the full size ones, that might have weighed almost as much as Lana did, and there were the glove thingies for trainers to use when someone was punching their hands. Lana had no idea what they were called, so glove thingies was about as close as she was going to get.

She bounced a bit on the balls of her feet and shook out her arm that had taken all the punishment, while she waited for Kate's verdict. "So what exactly is it that you do for DN?" Svetlana asked, willing to get to know Kate once more now that it had been so long.

--------------------
\
PM
^
Kate Torres
 Posted on: Jul 5 2017, 01:58 AM

Squeeji

shipper tracker message

"Well hopefully you throw the ball for them from time to time..."

It was to her knowledge that dogs rather appreciated the opportunity to chase down and slobber over fetching objects, her time jogging by the park seemed to illustrate that- dogs were big dorks. She wanted like a bazillion of them. But her schedule was prohibitively busy. Much to her dismay. Hell even finding time to meet with Lana had been a herculean task...yet here they were. With Kate telling the poor girl the finer points of mulching someone's genitals with a solid blow. Crude yet oh-so effective. "Pffst, I don't give compliments freely." Which was to say: Don't dig for them, because the other option was that she'd get terribly nitpicky and that wasn't going to make this pleasant for anyone.

That was just how Kate worked, or fell apart...it all depended on how you looked at it. "You can try the other arm if you want, but honestly your dominate arm is going to be the one that usually 'gets to work' when you're in a panic." It wouldn't hurt to get the experience, "You can try to punch the bag if you really want, of course it'll hurt like hell." And it would, it was about 200 pounds of sand, and the dryad was a small plant person, it was simple physics. Of course that too was a lesson to be learned, nothing about throwing a punch 'felt good' it was like anything else you did for survival, base, somewhat degrading and outright terrible.

"I just patrol...nothing too exciting."

She brushed it off, it wasn't that she didn't like talking about it, it was just that there was nothing much to be said. Sometimes a monster would show much, but mostly they didn't, and the rest was kind of a quiet solemn meander where you might not see anyone for a whole day.
PM
^
Svetlana Godfrey
 Posted on: Jul 9 2017, 05:15 PM

Starling

shipper tracker message

"Well, I think Mila's too hyper to play fetch, she runs for the ball and then runs right back to you! August doesn't go for any balls, he just wants to lie on the couch all day or sit and sunbathe. I guess Caligula might be the only one that actually goes after balls, but I think it's less about fun for the pup and more because he thinks he's pleasing us by getting the ball," Lana rambled on about her dogs. They were essentially her kids after all, and with the newest addition of August, they had a full house even with as large as Isaac's manor was.

"Then I shall take it as very complimentary," Lana responded, knowing better than to push the joke. Kate seemed about as laid back as she used to be, at least in some things anyhow. "Well, I don't know if I'll feel like I've done anything if I don't feel a little bruised or sweaty after we've finished." Lana was naturally slim, her body having a high metabolism, but she also ate healthy portions and foods. She didn't need to work out, but she did at least twice a week to keep her body limber and moving, despite the fact that she was constantly walking or running some place for work. When she did work out though, she always had that content soreness afterwards of having pushed her body just enough.

Walking over to the punching bag, she tilted her head back and forth, stretching her neck as though that was likely to do anything. Slowly she got her grip back to how she had it, carefully placing her thumb as Kate had told her earlier. The Ukrainian could see herself punching the bag and hurting herself somehow in a controlled environment, so the more focus and careful adjustment to what she was doing the better.

"Do you like it at least? I know you were never too fond of society parties back in the day. . ." It was an observation that hadn't been too hard to make when they had made the rounds, so naturally Lana hoped the kitsune had found something a little more to her liking.

Drawing her fist back she punched with all her effort. It barely caused the bag to move, and it hurt. It wasn't like the kind of hurt as though something had been put out of place though. It was the kind of hurt someone fought through because it was part of growth. So she drew back her arm and did it again. And again. And again.

--------------------
\
PM
^

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Closed
New Poll

PP All of Me TH EF WATS BI Abstruse NT
UB R&R WL WLWB Profane DWFNO FE M&M Black Sun Rising
FG&A Ferocious Ferocious Ferocious Ferocious Ferocious Ferocious Ferocious