Ferocious is an 18+ supernatural and post apocalyptic RP based in the city-state of New Greenwich, Oregon with a rating of 3/3/3. Please register an OOC account then a character account, before applying. The Cbox is guest-friendly, so please feel free to ask any questions!

UPDATES!

12.7.2017 - We need your help! Let us know what kind of plot you want to see in the upcoming year Here!

11.6 - Our annual Halloween celebrations have drawn to a close. Remember to claim your bonuses and be the on the lookout for our next event soon.

10.16 - We're SIX MONTHS OLD! Thankyou everyone who has joined us for this fantastic ride so far, there shall be many, many more! <3

10.8 - NEW EVENT! It's that time of the year, Trick or Treat Ferocians!

10.1 - Halloween month announcement! Please take a read HERE

9.15 - Everyone loves a bargain? Wanted Spotlights and Character Spotlights now cost less gems! Take a peek Here.

9.15 - WE NEED YOU! (And your opinions). Movie night is looking for new days & times that suit YOU Click Me.

8.8 - A mysterious murder has taken place at the Unity Monument! Details HERE.

7.29 - Event update #3! Enter to win a piece of artwork from Pinky! Details HERE.

7.19 — Event update #2! A fae section has been open to the public in the zoo with necessary precautions set in place!

7.09 — Event update #1! Have your character sponsor an animal! Find out more HERE!

7.08 — Our first event is up! Come learn about the New Greenwich tradition of the Summer Gala HERE!

7.03 — Our second movie night is Wednesday 7.12. Suggest a movie HERE!

6.24 — Our first movie night is Wednesday 6.28. Suggest a movie HERE!

6.16 — You've decided! Here's when our next event will be!

6.09 — When should we have our next event? You decide!

6.03 — We have a new skin on the site! Have any feedback? Found a gremlin running around? Let us know HERE!

6.01 — Our winners in the Anniversary Emoji Hunt have been announced. Congrats to everyone!

5.17 — We're one month old! Join the celebration and get a prize!

5.07 — Has your character ever wanted their tarot cards read? Now they can! Sign up HERE

4.22 — Come play real life D&D with your character! Sign up HERE

Character Spotlight

Magdalene Dornbos

Add Reply
New Poll

You Owe Me, tag: Adam Jones
Lorien Bailey
 Posted on: Aug 4 2017, 10:58 PM
age: 283 occupation: Waitress organization: posts: 11 gems: 125

Kat

shipper tracker message

It was a week or so after her trip to the Gala and meeting up with the monkey and the man in the uniform. But he stayed on her mind, so Lorien maybe a trip out to The Red Door for some fun might be nice. She dressed in a simple black dress with spaghetti straps, scooped, but not too scooped in the front and short but not too short. It showed enough skin, at the same time it was tasteful. She remembered how Jeffery said to dress sexy, but not like a whore. Which was odd, as he seemed to fall for that type before the evening was over with.

She wasn't saying she missed Jeffery; her sire did have his quirks, some good and some bad. But Lorien had gotten tired of moving from place to place, because Jeffery made a mistake, feed on the wrong person, or insulted the wrong wolf. But the worst problem had been his obsession with Adam Jones, The Butcher. Because of Mister Jones, she had slept in place, not even a rat would have slept in. She was surprised she didn't wake up on fire. She had ruined more clothes by mucking through the mud and blood just because Jeffery hoped he could get a glimpse of the man.

The truth was that they had stayed out of the war pretty much, till they went to this one bar, and Jeffery went off with some guy. And the next night she was getting ready to have her hair perm and cut when Jeffery came and told her they were leaving. She was out of about thirty dollars American. If Jeffery had not been her sire and she not compelled to do what he wanted, it would have been a different story altogether.

She paused to look around the bar, as she shook those memories away; as she figured she would never see either man again.

Pausing to look around the bar, it wasn't as packed as she thought it would be, which was nice too, gave her a chance to look things over before it got too crowded. She sniffed at the air and could smell all the delightful mixing of blood, and humans. It sent a small shiver down her spine.
She knew the place was expensive, but she had saved up, tips were good, and she had been making extra translating, which made her rich enough to enjoy the night without too much worry. And if she really got lucky, maybe someone would buy her a drink, or two.

Glancing around Lorien noticed a familiar figure at the bar, of course, he wasn't in uniform, but she still knew him. She swore Jeffery made sure of it, in case she saw him, and then could come back and tell him. She almost didn't go over, but then she couldn't help herself, in fact, she wanted to be able to tell Jeffery if she ever saw him again that she had a drink with his hero.
Walking over she took the seat next to him at the bar, set her purse down turned and smiled at him. "You sire, own me about thirty dollars for the perm I had to forgo, just to follow you through a downpour." She was sure he was going to think her crazy, but what the heck; she was in the mood for some fun.

@AdamJones
@Al
PM
^
Adam Jones
 Posted on: Aug 12 2017, 10:20 AM
age: 1128 occupation: Perimeter Patrol organization: Covenant / Defense Network posts: 49 gems: 1350

Al

shipper tracker message

With everything going on, Adam Jones almost felt guilty. Guilty as he stepped through the entrance to the Red Door, dressed in he usual immaculately pressed and sleek black suit, sans a tie as this was more social than formal or business. And that was exactly what had the ancient feeling guilty, as he gracefully crossed the inside to seat himself at the bar. With everything going on those days, especially in conclusion of the Gala event, and the murder that stained such a bright festival with darkness, here he sat to have a drink on one of his rare nights off. Should he have been doing something more with his own free time? Perhaps pulling extra duties within the D.N. to help out with the possible need for more security in areas where races mixed and blended with a rise in tension, since the publically trophied fae murder. Or should he have maybe been offering his aid to the more local authorities who so far were struggling to create a solid case to even begin investigating? Regardless the vampire had chosen his activity that night.

Not everything about the Gala had been a sour experience for the new - New Greenwich - resident. He had met new faces, some friendlier and sweeter, others dimmer and more bitter than the rest. On one night he’d even witnessed a monkey that had an interesting wide taste in items that did not belong to it. In fact the monkey had used Adam was a means of avoiding the grasp of another young immortal, of course before he could even hand over the furry bandit it had snatched his fancied hat and leapt off to its next victim. That had been quite the night as the three of them frantically chased and tracked the primeape, whom had succesfully lifted a cellular device, a hat, and a wolf plushie. Eventually the two vampires of the group had managed to work together to overcome the monkey, with a little use of their supernatural speed and reflexes, they were able to divert the monkey to one another and snatch it up. So the night was eventually a victory.

But Adam wasn’t even recalling the somewhat fun but chaotic night he chased a basic primal animal through the festival grounds with two complete strangers, his mind kept circling his own personal matters, and also primarily the murder that had came at the close of the Gala. Mr. Jones didn’t know the victim, and so he was hardly torn over the matter for the loss of the individual. But the victim’s race and standing there within the city did bother the ancient, as he considered such a bold attack on the supernatural to pose as a potential welcoming beacon to any others with discontent for the fae, werewolves, or vampires. The latter, of course by Adam’s own bias, was entirely unacceptable and would completely change his passive stance so far with the singular violent murder. Kill a fae, that was one thing. But one of Adam’s own? Now that was something different entirely.

A woman moved to seat herself next to him, and at first Adam hardly gave her more than a quick glance from the corner of his eyes. But as he felt eyes on him, and he looked in the woman’s direction a second time to notice she was looking back at him, the Brit slowly turned his head to look at her. There was came an inquisitive knit of his brows, that lasted only for a moment, as she mentioned he owed her money. At first he thought her completely mad, and he was justified in the assessment as he didn’t recall ever having this pretty young woman give him chase - especially in inclement weather. But as his hazel eyes looked her over, the other vampire’s attire included in his obvious assessment of her, a small grin slipped across his lips. He recognized this woman sporting a lil’black dress. ”Well I might point out, that even though I am stumped as to what may have forced you to pursue me in poor weather, at least it was not because I had stolen your phone,” he teased and joked as his grin sprouted into a broad and charming smile, a light chuckle following his little tease at her, as he referrenced their recent and memorable run in with the furry bandit. ”Speaking of, I don’t think we ever took the time to properly introduce ourselves after we brought that lil rogue to justice...,” he added with the same broad smile, as he turned on his seat to face Lorien more directly. ”Adam Jones, a pleasure to finally and officially make your acquaintance,” he slid a loosely jacket cuffed arm across the bar toward her with his hand offered for a very gentle shake, the same broad smile thinning out but remaining all the same.

After the introduction was out of the way, Adam took a moment to glance around the room, and deciding he could do much worse than entertaining the crazy claims of a woman whose sanity was still in question, even if secretly, he turned his attention back to Lorien. ”How ‘bout a trade in on my debt, eh?,” his smiled widened as he gave a backward and gesturing nod to the nearby tender who was serving another customer that very moment. ”I buy you a drink or two, and you tell me more about this exciting and soggy adventure I somehow inspired you on lately?,” a roll of coyness wove its way through Adam’s tones as he kept his eyes leveled on Lorien, but his expressions lingered so tightly between humor and seriousness it wouldn’t be immediately apparent if he was teasing her alongside his legitimate offer to buy her a drink to make up for his proposed debt.

@Kat

PMAIM
^
Lorien Bailey
 Posted on: Aug 13 2017, 06:49 PM

Kat

shipper tracker message

Her thoughts for a moment went to the stories she had heard about the poor fae that had been strung up, and all the stories surrounding it. The Common Grounds where she worked was full of it, and to be honest it scared her a little since she was a vamp working in a place that dealt a great deal with humans. And maybe a witch or two. Not saying she did not like her job, she loved it, as it reminded her little off when she was human and working for her parents. Yet at the same time, she was careful with coming and going to work and also if it was her turn to take the trash out back of the place. Maybe one day her trust of humans would be her downfall.

For a moment her mind went back to the Gala and the monkey, how sure he had been when she approached the other two, and the shock on his face when his supposed savior prepared to turn him over to her. Only to snag the man's hat and then run off once more, only stopping only to grab a wolf plushy. The hunt and chase had been fun. And Lorien remembered the trumpet look on Adam's face when he caught the monkey.

Checking out his suit, she could tell the years had been good to him and he was well off, so it didn't bother her too much that he offered to buy a round of drinks, maybe two, but before the night was over she would be sure spent her fair share of the drinks.

Watching as he brought his hand over and introduced himself. Lorien took his hand, it had the feel of man that used his hands for work, not the soft kind of many vamps she had come across, smiling sweetly back at him, "Lorien Bailey, nice to meet you Adam," then her voice lowered a little and she added, "or do you perfect The Butcher?' The bartender appeared and she ordered some blood wine, might as well get in a bite to eat while she was here. She then crossed her legs and leaned on the bar, and looked over at him. Wondering if he thought she was crazy or not for what she had told him. So she decided it was best not to tell the story of Jeffery and The Butcher.
"The war was close to an end, and my sire, Jeffery decided it was better to move in closer to the Crimson Court. We had been there a few days, and I was finally able to get an appointment to get my hair perm, cut, the works. All the things you can't have done properly when you are living in the country." She looked over at see if she had piped his interest. "Well, I had just sat down and was talking to the hair dresser, when Jeffery arrived, and he was very excited." The bartender set the drinks down and she took a sip and then set her drink down. "He went on and on about this amazing Vampire that was crushing the enemy and he wanted to see him." Lorien rolled her eyes and then continued. "And being my sire, and being a young vampire, I had to follow him, also I had to pay for work never done. As we made our way to the battle field, that he assumed you were at, he told me all he had learned about you in a bar the night before, how you were also called Rajah, The Butcher, and Mr. Jones. We finally caught up with your battle in the pouring rain. The worst night of my life, I felt like a drowned rat before it was over with. Not to mention, the barely dried out place we spent the day in. From there on out, we followed you like camp followers. I was never so glad the war was over with, and Jeffery lost interest in you." Lorien reached over and picked up her drink and took a good drink of it. She would have to remember and ask what it was before she left.

Then looking back at Adam, " and don't get me started on the souvenir he bought that supposedly belonged to you. I mean he even bought a lock of long hair that was belonged to you and kept it in a locket that he wore to every battle. Talk about crazy, I was so glad when I left him."

@Al

PM
^
Adam Jones
 Posted on: Aug 26 2017, 01:03 PM
age: 1128 occupation: Perimeter Patrol organization: Covenant / Defense Network posts: 49 gems: 1350

Al

shipper tracker message

The conditioning of Adam’s hands was a subject of its own entirely, where work would have been more properly iterated as being labeled training, both essential and entirely recreational. Mr. Jones was raised during his mortal years to be a warrior of a king, a knight, and even within his immortal life of course once he’d grown strong enough to resist his sire’s influence, well Adam had returned to the kind of life he knew. That was when he’d began serving the Crimson Court as a sort of Keeper, a soldier that protected the Court and also served the Covenant to track down vampires that offended the tenets of the Nightmother. From those days so long passed, all the way up until those current times post-Blood War, Adam had always believed there was reason for him to remain in his absolutely best fighting form. Not to mention the Brit got a privately enjoyed thrill and joy from fighting, of any kind. Clearly a reason he’d thrived so during the major war that had blazed across their world as it was ravaged by the Ferocious.

A silent nod of his head as the pretty vampire seated next to him provided her name, and Adam returned his arm to rest beside him atop the bar he now sat beside more so than at, as he faced his new neighbor that evening. And as she threw out a moniker he’d not heard spoken in quite some time, hazel eyes that had been drifting along the unfamiliar faces around them whipped back to Lorien with a slight wider stare. Without having to say another word this young vampire had clearly already captured Adam’s attention and effectively piped his interest. So much so that Adam barely spared the briefest of glances to the bartender as they checked in to see if either of them were prepared to order something. Mr. Jones simply doubled down and told the bartender to make it two of whatever Lorien had ordered, before his eyes whirled back on her like a magnet. There was the thinnest hint of a smile on his lips, as Adam both tried to restrain himself from looking as curious as he was, and still wanted to remain as friendly as he possibly could.

It was a fairly long story, but Adam sat and listened patiently to it, especially once their drinks had been brought over to them. The vampire sat with one arm propped atop the bar and holding his glass, that he would occasionally raise to sip from. Otherwise he remained sitting to face Lorien and he listened on as she detailed what sounded like it had been a lifetime ago, for the both of them. He could tell by what she said that her sire had truly been an admirer of his, especially it seemed when it came to the fierce reputation Adam had bloodily earned himself on the battlefield. This Jeffery, was not the only person Adam had known of that had traveled along the camps of their armies, in support or admiration of their forces. And in all honesty no ill-feelings had ever been harbored toward any of these onlookers of the gruesome battles that were waged in the Blood War. Not only was it good moral for some of their troops to see such strong and visible support, but those supporters that followed them had at many times shown themselves useful when extra hands were needed to tend the wounded or other matters within the militant camps. And it seemed those onlookers had always been eager to assist their perceived ‘champions’.

There was another perk of Adam’s interest, visible at the mention of a long lock of hair. It was obviously not his own hair, as the super fan Jeffery was likely lead to believe, from what Adam gathered. Mr. Jones had never really sported long hair since his mortal days, so it would have been rather impossible for someone to get their hands on a long lock of his hair. But Mr. Jones had been in possession of a long lock of brown hair, and it had been one of his most prized trinkets until it had been lost to him sometime during the war. There was an urge int Adam to immediately question Lorien on the lock of hair, and if she had any suspicion if this Jeffery still possessed it and where he might be found. But the ancient was able to stifle these urges, because he reasoned to himself the slim chances it was even the same lock of hair, or the chances it was even still within this Jeffery person’s possession.

There was a moment of silence once Lorien concluded her story, and Adam took another small sip of his bloodwine before he lowered the glass gingerly and his eyes followed the drink until it came to a rest on top of the bar, and then his gaze turned to Lorien. ”I’m afraid I must admit I’m embarrassed that you may have ever witnessed any battle of mine,” he spoke with a slight hint of humor and intended humility resonating within his tones, ”I have met many a fearsome female combatant in my time, yet I am still pressed to believe the battlefield is no place for a lady, especially a battlefield that I occupied,” he remarked, his hazel eyes darkening for a second in their stare as he seemed to stress the ending that related to any battlefield that housed himself. It was a tough act, being the ‘butcher’, some revered Adam’s brutality on the battlefield, others damned him for his merciless taking of life, and often Mr. Jones found himself caught somewhere in the middle of those two reactions to his own bloody deeds. And it had been intended as a passive compliment that Adam referred to Lorien as a lady, as that night she certainly fit the bill, in her little black dress and looking quite the part of a pretty woman looking to enjoy their evening free of their own responsibilities.

There was the smallest huff of a chuckle as Adam looked off an reflected on other parts of Lorien’s story, his gaze drifted back to her and he clearly felt obligated to explain his tiny outburst of amusement. ”You sound about as relieved as I was the day I could refuse the influence of my sire...,” he told Lorien with a wide smile that began to quickly fade, ”Be grateful if the worst this Jefferry ever had you do was follow my campaign through that bloody war, as a fledgling can be forced to do far worse things - far more bloodier...,” his voice was dying off as he succumbed to a momentary flood of memories, but Adam clearly shook himself of such a tidal wave, and he quickly offered his glass by raising it toward to Lorien for what seemed a toast. ”To the day of separation, when a vampire is finally able to be of their own making!,” he deepened his voice as he offered a sort of toast-worthy snippet, a new smile slipping across his lips as he held his glass to be met by Lorien’s while his hazel eyes looked past the crimson liquid within to the young vampire seated beside him.

@Kat

PMAIM
^
Lorien Bailey
 Posted on: Aug 28 2017, 07:33 PM

Kat

shipper tracker message

She was no fool; she could tell he was interested, at least in the story. One could not help but noticed how his eyes widen some when she said the name, Butcher. But that was a lifetime ago when things were different. True she wished she was not forced into going into battle with a crazy sire, which did his best to try and make it to the part of the battle where Adam was fighting. Oh, yeah, she had seen the Butcher at his best and worst in battle. She still had flashbacks to that time. But she had been getting better since leaving Jeffery.

Her smile grew some when he said no lady should be on the battle field, which meant he must think of her as one. True they had followed the troops, but Jeffery was a jealous sort with his toys. He made sure she slept alone, while he tried all the delights offered by the troops and a few dying. Jeffery tastes were very great and wide.

"If it had been up to me, I would never have gone near any of the fightings, I really don't believe in killing, unless one has to, to survive." What was pretty true of the many battles she was forced to join in with. "And be glad my sire didn’t do anything? He was a man whore, which meant he ticked off a lot of people, so we had to move around a lot." She took a sip of her wine and wondered just how much of it was his sire's doing that made him the man he was in battle.

She brought her glass up to touch with his as he made his toast, clinking them lightly, "to separation," she answered back. "I was never so glad when I flew the coop on him, so to say."

Which was true, she had turned into the hawk he had forced her to become, in a sense giving her freedom that day.

Setting the wine glass down, and biting on her lip, "I took a few things with me when I left, not big things but small and valuable, and I think I might have the locket at my place. I mean if you ever wanted to see it, it might be a good laugh, it still had the lock of hair in it, as I really just shoved it in a box under the bed." Which was true, not all vampires were rich, at attested by the fact she was working as a waitress. And side the locket might be good for a second meet-up, if this one went well, if not she could just drop it off where he worked or something. No harm, no foul?

@Al

PM
^
Adam Jones
 Posted on: Sep 17 2017, 11:45 AM

Al

shipper tracker message

A silent nod was given in recognition of Lorien’s outlook on killing, and how she deemed it only acceptable, personally, when it was required for survival. That was quite an admirable perception, and one that almost made Adam feel ashamed, more than he often times did anyway, to be the one they called the ‘Butcher’. But, ever since he’d been a child Adam had been raised in preparation to take lives, many of them, in the name of king and country. And so Lorien’s view on killing, while admired and appreciated by the elder, was not one he had ever afforded due to his tendency to serve as a soldier throughout the ages of his immortal existence. A servitude he’d became accustomed to even in his mortal days, too. ”I admire your opinion on the taking of life, I at times have found myself wishing I was able to share it, in all honesty,” he commented, his gaze wandering off for a moment before sliding right back to the little black number seated next to him.

”A man-whore?,” Adam chuckled deeply, and for a moment he didn’t realize how poorly it might cross the young lady that he found her sincere statement to be amusing. ”I’m in no way attempting to discredit the inconvenience your sire’s tendencies may have caused you, during the time you were bound to their influence,” Adam spoke following a quick and small sip of his wine that had allowed him the required time to remove any trace of amusement from his expressions. ”But I have to say, I’d have likely chosen Jeffery over my sire any day, while certainly not without his own quirks from the sound of it. It at least does not sound as though Jeffery was the twisted and blood hungry fiend I had the misfortune of being bound to after my turning,” he tried to smile or even smirk to lighten the intensity at which he’d just detailed his sire, but the gravity of how true and yet vague in gory detail his little explanation had been flattened the smile, and Adam only ended up twisting one corner of his mouth deeply in what had been intended to be a smile. ”I learned to never settle my gaze on an innocent for even a second, while my sire towed me along a bloody self-indulging campaign throughout the Highlands, because if he caught my eye on anything precious it was often a practice that I was forced to extinguish the gentle life therein,” he admitted with reluctance, but Adam had pressed on despite his own reservations for revealing vague snippets of his horrific start in the role of a immortal. He paused to take another sip of his wine, his eyes surveying their surroundings before he lowered his glass and they rounded back on Lorien. ”I have yet to ever meet someone with as much darkness in them as the monster that sired me, and I pray I never do, it was a kind of darkness that consumed anything it entangled with, chilling it like a winter colder than any to ever grace this earth,” hazel eyes fell to his own thumb as it ran small circles along the side of his glass that rested in his hand upon the bar, ”It was as if he enjoyed perverting the innocence of others, like he gained some kind of gratification from twisting and gnarling the best of intentions until they resulted in great horrors...,” and for a momen Adam found himself lost to a few brief flashbacks he’d have been happier without that night.

But Adam had no intention of letting tragedies so long past take control of his night, and so he gave a last thoughtful twisting of his lips, before he took very generous drink from his wine, a satisfied and light sigh being released as he lowered the glass from his lips. ”But enough of that..,” he began with a thin smile, his eyes finding Lorien and regarding her for a silent moment before his thin smile grew. ”I’d very much love to see this locket. If it’s as I suspect then you may very well be in possession of an especially valuable trinket I’d thought lost to me,” he remarked, his fingers raising to toy along the brim of his glass while his eyes remained on his company that evening. ”If that were indeed the case, and you were able to return this trinket to me, I’d be especially grateful - indebted by your own choosing even, money, favor - I’d likely find few requests too rich for the return of something so valuable, Miss Bailey,” his smile shifted to a generous grin, as he clearly opening a doorway for Lorien to make her own demand for payment in the return of the locket they were speaking of, granted it turned out to be the very same one Adam had lost so long ago.

A few moments passed, and Adam had taken another and this time smaller sip of his drink, his gaze spanning out through the establishment as it surrounded the two of them, and it was becoming clear this was a routine for him. That of checking his surroundings, then again it was a tick he’d never found the ability to turn off, that of the need to be aware of his surroundings eve during a time of rest and relaxation. ”So, what have you been up to? I now know you were one of the many followers of my campaign during a time my less pleasant skills were called upon. But you’ve already mentioned departing your sire following the war’s conclusion,” he paused for just a second to try and better refine his question, ”How did you find yourself here in New Greenwich? If you do not mind my asking?”

@Kat

PMAIM
^
Lorien Bailey
 Posted on: Sep 19 2017, 08:18 PM

Kat

shipper tracker message

She just shrugged "that is what you get for being raised by hippies. She just chuckled and took as of her wine. She also noticed how he tried not to laugh at her comment on Jeffery. With another shrug, "It was kind of fun while it lasted, he also liked going to parties and the like, so sometimes life was good and sometimes we had to leave because he fed off of someone he shouldn't of or screwed the wrong person." She kind of bit back the last statement, and she had the feeling he believed woman should not talk that way, she would have to be more careful till she found out if it was okay with him or not.

She also noticed how his eyes watched the room, that was why she liked the mirror over the bar, it let her check out the room as well, but she did make a scan now and then, too much time on the run, and worrying about some lover or enemies of Jeffery. Or the worst thing, someone finding out her turning papers were forged. How Jeffery had turned her, without her permission, and how a friend of Jeffery fixed the papers so neither one of them would be in trouble. But hell, who would find out. Jeffery would never say anything, and his friend was killed during the war. Worst came to worst she could fly off and find a new place.

Adam continued with his past and the evils of his sire, it broke her heart that this man had been put through so much. Sires could be terrible things, making the fledgling do things they did not want. It must have been pure torture for Adam. Without thinking she reached out and touched the hand on the bar, and gave it a small squeeze. Then pulled it back as if she had overstepped her bounds and she might of.

"There are some evil worst than the Ferocious, I am sorry this happen to you, sometimes the fates are not kind, but now you are safe, and you have your own life to control again."
That was how she looked at it, she was safe and no more wild adventures, she could sleep in the same bed every night. Plus she did not have to imprint of some crazy animal that Jeffery would pick out. Thought the hawk did come in handy, she didn't need a car.

Then he was through reminiscing and was wondering about the locket, and telling her he would pay a great deal for it. "You should be careful, I might end up with a jag, or a new apartment, or a computer… A computer would be nice, she was looking at notebook right now once payday came so she could at least surf the web. But she was not the greedy kind, which was odd for being a vampire, maybe one day it would kick in. She was saving money so that counted a little, didn't it?

"No, if it is yours then it is yours and I could not take any money, especially since it was stolen from you." Taking another sip, she listens to him asking about her life now. This brought a smile to her face.

"I sort of flew into town. She let out a soft little laugh at her joke. She wondered if she should tell him she could become a hawk, but thought better, she did not want to be used for that talent, maybe one day she would tell him unless he guessed. "Other than that I work at a little coffee shop by the university, I love the smell of coffee, which is kind of odd, other than that I have a small apartment in walking distance, which I share with my cat. Haven't been here long enough to look around, in fact, this is my first time here, and I am kind of glad I met you." She quickly took a drink of her wind to hide the blush for going too far with her comment.

@Al

PM
^
Adam Jones
 Posted on: Oct 1 2017, 10:51 AM

Al

shipper tracker message

Hazel eyes were quick to dive in on Lorien’s hand as she slid it forward to try and offer Adam some kind of physical contact, a gesture sweet in it’s intention no doubt. But no sooner did her hand find his, did Adam twitch harshly under his squeezing grasp, his reflex had been to jerk away and though he managed to refrain the vampire still squirmed visibly under her touch. ”Sorry,” he breathed low in apology to his unusual reaction to what had been a kind and sincere attempt at reassurance by this young vampiress seated beside him. And for a moment Adam was too ashamed by his uncontrolled flinch at her brief touch to even look her way. Though his gaze soon did find Lorien again, and a nod was given in silent agreement to her remark about there being evils far worse and nefarious in nature than that of the Ferocious that ravaged their world beyond New Greenwich’s mighty walls.

And then Lorien seemed to be teasing him, as she listed a few extravagant items she seemed to be hinting at being her payment for the return of his long lost trinket. Adam tilted his head a bit as he leveled his gaze on the other set of hazel eyes across from him, and a smirk seeped slowly onto his lips to reveal his amusement at her gumption in that moment. ”I appreciate your modesty, but should you change your mind, please, feel free to place any earnest demand and I will fulfill it to my fullest capacity,” he replied as Lorien spoke about how she did not desire any reward for returning a possible treasure to the vampire. Did she not realize just how precious this trinket was to him? Or was she simply that kind of a spirit? The second possibility put him in mind of someone long gone and lost to him, and it was a warming thought to his soul that perhaps that level of kind and sincerity could survive the harsh transformation of immortality. ”Stolen is a bold claim, I honestly could not say whether it had been misplaced or taken. Our camp moves were often hectic in pursuit of enemy forces during the Blood Wars. There were times I left half of my wardrobe behind in my fever to pack-up and go as quickly as were possible,” he spoke plainly as he recalled the sometimes frantic moves their army often underwent in reaction to fresh intel on enemy forces, ”But what I can tell you is that its loss was great and felt for a long while, and that the joy at its return would be immeasurable,” he added with a small smile at Lorien, and at the tail of his remark Adam raised his glass for another sip. The Brit took note then that his glass was getting rather low.

Though he found it best not to remark, Adam was quite surprised at Lorien’s remark about flying. It took him a moment to come to the realization that she were perhaps somehow joking more so than being literal, which was a good thing. Because for Lorien to have been literal in her remark about flying into New Greenwich, well that would have been perplexing to Adam since she went on to detail how she worked at a coffee shop. Perhaps it was dreadfully elitist of Adam to think that way, but for the life of him he could not perceive why someone who could afford to fly in those times would voluntarily work such a common job as a brewster of sorts. The Brit merely gave a laughing smile in reply to her little joke, there certainly seemed something among that quip of hers that he was missing, but Adam would not pry on that matter for the time being, he had resolved.

”Agreed,” Adam replied without hesitance to Lorien’s comment about being somewhat glad she’d met him there, ”But the fortune is all mine in this chance encounter, I assure you,” he added in an attempt to ease Lorien’s visible discomfort and so he raised his glass toward her, what he reasoned was the result of feeling as though she’d been possibly too forward in her remark. But Adam did not feel the same way, he found her honesty quite refreshing and welcomed, because the Brit was always for directness over shy-games where one danced around the truth without ever truly speaking it. And after regarding his newfound company for that evening for a solid second or two, Adam turned his glass back and finished off the last little remains of his wine. And as the empty glass was seated back upon the bar his gaze followed it, but once the empty vessel came to rest hazel eyes then climbed back to Lorien. ”Aside from the bold aroma, is there any fulfillment to the occupation of a charmingly amiable coffee shop attendant?,” Adam asked in complimentary earnest, the Colonel’s eyes conveying his sincere desire to know more about Lorien now that she’d adequately engaged his interest in her, ”Or is it merely a means to an end while you survey the potential of this new city?”

While he awaited her answer Adam moved his hand that rested around the empty wine glass, and once he felt the bartender’s eyes in their direction the Brit tapped against the bar, signaling the server for a refill, before his hand slowly slid back to coil loosely around his own glass. And as he done this Adam’s eyes rarely departed from Lorien.

@Kat

PMAIM
^
Lorien Bailey
 Posted on: Oct 3 2017, 07:10 PM

Kat

shipper tracker message

To be honest, she had not expected that kind of reaction from the older vamp, but then again he had been through a lot, some of it she had seen, and one battle, he may not remember, she had somehow gotten lost from Jeffery, and soon found herself closer to the front. She had seen him at his worst that moment a true berserker, it made it even harder to follow Jeffery's orders to go back out the next night, but then she had no choice, but to do as he said. A look of sorrow entered her eyes for a moment if it was for his flinch or the memory, she was not sure. Not even sure he would remember how he turned and locked eyes with her that day and for a moment she was… Lorien did a little head shake to clear the memories. That was in the past a long, long time ago.

"No, I should be the one that is sorry; I mean we have just met, and that was a little too forward, I will try and be more the proper lady from now on." She gave a little laugh to show she was teasing him.

Then he made his offer, and how he appreciated her modesty. "To me it a laptop, or a TV, but to you, it is more important, and I believe in Karma, and you should get it back after all you have been through. Sides there are always rent centers, for things like that." Which she was close to going to, as she really missed the nice computer she uses to have with Jeffery, the large flat screen TV, the problems of being alive in the modern world. At least she had her phone, and even though the screen was small, she got the movie channel. So life was not all that bad.

"Don't remind me, I lost a lot of stuff I liked during that as well, got to a point we just wore what we had on our backs. Jeffery thought it would make things easier to just get and go each night. I was glad it was over, just for a bath and clean set of clothes.

She smiled at his word of how he would be happy to get it back, and it made her want it to be what he wanted even more. He had been through a lot and he dissevered a break, and she would do her best to see that he got one.

Then he was telling her that in a sense it was his good luck to meet up, then asking why her job.
Getting a sly smile on her face, she finished her wine as well and set the glass down. "Back when I was human I worked in a coffee shop, and I always loved the smell, and for some reason, it crossed over when I became a vampire. Which is lucky for me? I can sometimes drink it, but mostly I buy it for the smell and remember back when I was human. Kind of silly if you ask me, I know. It is the only thing I still do, maybe I am trying to hold on to that one part of me that I loved before it was taken away. Then her smile grew some, "Side it would make Jeffery sick, he could to go near the smell. So… I sort of use it as a defense barrier, silly I know.'

Lorien went to take another sip and remembered it was empty, and looked over at Adam's glass and it was empty as well, then he was motioning for the bartender to refill them. "Here let me pay for this next round, I mean it is only fair, right?"

@Al
PM
^
Adam Jones
 Posted on: Oct 15 2017, 10:46 AM

Al

shipper tracker message

Lorien’s teasing did help to ease the awkward tension Adam felt at having flinched from her intended to be comforting touch. And in response to her quip he at first feigned something along the lines of shock and appall, but within the same moment a smile won out and demonstrated his amusement which also shone within his hazel eyes. ”Laugh all you want, but there is something to be desired about a lady who knows when to be proper - and when not to be,” he spoke with laughter looming discreetly throughout his voice, as Adam realized she might find his attempt at being serious right then to be all that much funnier. It had been part in humor that he replied as he did, and part because he meant it to some extent.

At first Adam was simply listening to Lorien describe the means of her and her sire’s life while they followed the Blood War campaign, but as she concluded that thought a thin smile crept onto his lips. ”Those times certainly reminded me of how we take such pleasant and simple things for granted,” he began but there came a pause as his eyes turned off to his right before sliding right back to Lorien, ”Like tonight,” he suddenly added before his thin smile thickened and grew, until the smile became broad and charming in a way Adam was often times known for.

He listened closely to the young vampiress as she described her affection for the aroma of coffee and its significance to her, especially in pertinence to her former mortal life. He simply nodded silently as she mentioned liking the smell, he couldn’t argue there was something inviting about the bold scent of freshly ground coffee beans. ”I may have to give that a try sometime...,” he commented idly in thought as she mentioned sometimes managing to drink it, though Adam doubted it would be something he’d maintain he could certainly try it once. ”But as for carrying over occupations from your former life to the next, I must admit I’m equally guilty there,” he began, his finger trailing along the rim of his empty wine glass as his eyes fell to audience that action. ”I was a noble knight of His Majesty’s army, from as far back as I could ever recall all I’ve ever known was that of training and preparing to fight and conquer in the name of King and Country,” he gave a total faux sigh before he released his toying grasp over his empty glass, and the hand laid to rest on the surface of the bar, hazel eyes that had been occupied with his hand then returning to Lorien. ”I told myself during the many and drawn out terrible years that my sire towed me along the Highlands that one day I’d use my newfound immortality to carve a new path, to remake my existence,” he admitted with half-serious and half-smiling stare at the pretty face across from him, ”And yet, the very year I was able to depart my sire’s influence, I sought out a Court of supernatural’s governed by vampires back in England, and eventually I pledged my service to them and the Covenant...,” he gave a raise of his brows as the Brit feigned surprise.

There came a visible pause by Adam as Lorien mentioned paying for the next round of drinks, and he very clearly struggled with the decision briefly, but soon his smile that had faded returned. ”If you insist,” he replied with his smile lopsided to one side. And so the bartender arrived to refill both of the their glasses, and as Adam’s eyes watched the deep red liquid stir and swirl into his wineglass, he was reminded that he often did not require much alcohol before feeling its effects. In fact were he capable, the Brit would have likely been a bit flushed already after just the one glass. A feather-weight among his kind.

Adam lifted his freshly filled glass, and after pausing the glass just before it touched his lips for a small sniff of the drink, he took a generous sip from it before replacing the glass to the bar-top. ”Perhaps I should resign from my post within the Defense Network, and join the ranks of brewsters at this coffee shop you mentioned,” he suddenly joked, though the Colonel feigned a sort of thoughtful expression to his remark, before he gave a sort of grin to his company seated across from him. ”Do you think they’d make much use with a heathen of my making?,” he continued further with a small laugh as he imagined his prowess as a fighter being completely uncongenial when it came to making a good cup of joe.

@Kat
PMAIM
^

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

RPG-D PP All of Me TH EF BI NT UB R&R WL WLWB DWFNO FE M&M Black Sun Rising A Murder of Crows Wait & Bleed