So you've stopped by to take a look at us? Awesome! First, lemme tell you a bit about us.
We at Ferocious are an 18+, mature post-apocalyptic supernatural creatures RP that takes place in the year 2270 with writers that enjoy character development and growth of all kinds, from site wide to member group to personal plots of varying drama, action, and feels. Most of our members post anywhere from every day to every few days, sometimes a little longer depending on the month/season. We're warm and welcoming and certainly don't mind working with you to get things falling into place once you have a basis for a character concept! Given our setting is placed in the future, much of the world has changed; though we are by no means a science fiction RP, despite general medical and technological advances throughout the Blood War. If this description has piqued your interest or sounds right up your alley, then you're well on your way to following the guide below to learn about the world of Ferocious and how to join.
- Before you look at anything, be sure you've read the rules. They're extremely important and tend to answer a lot of first thought questions.
- Secondly, to be sure that this really is your cup of tea (particularly in that of the supernatural genre), go read up on the plot.
- In order to get a fair grasp of how the world works now, you'll need to head over to the Blood War and brush up on some history of how things went down. Now, don't freak out! It does look like a bit of a read but the latter half is more of additional reading for different parts of the world and how countries were effected. If your character actually took part in the war, all of this will be especially helpful for you.
- For additional reading (optional) on various subjects mostly pertaining to the setting, see the following: Timeline, Ferocious Observation Log, Technology, Vampire Culture & Government and our
- If that's all good for you, check out the Site Ratios and throw yourself into the species area to check out the numerous types of playable creatures we have to offer.
- If you're not feeling too sure about what to make still or have a few ideas but don't know where to pin them to, we always love it and think it really helps when someone wants to take up a wanted character/ad. Many of us are very laid back and open to discussion with those listed and have plenty to choose from for varying relationships, big and small.
- Something can also trigger by taking look at the available jobs and what organizations are currently in need of.
- Once you've got something in mind, go take a look at the face claims to make sure any desired playbys are open and the member directory to see who all we have playing what, as well as what first names are taken (as per the rules).
- If you intend on playing a master vampire and/or a witch, you'll need to make sure that the wanted power(s) aren't capped or if there's something that we would welcome more of.
- When you feel like you've got a good character forming, I'd say it's time to jump into the application process! If you need to work on it here and there, setting it in WIP is fine and can be moved over to completed once the cherry's been planted on it!
And that's it! You'll be underway of getting reviewed by a staff within 48 hours, as we try to be as quick and thorough as we can though honestly we're a reasonable and flexible bunch. We don't mind if you want or need to pick our brains at a particular character idea and any questions that weren't covered in the reading beforehand can always be inquired about publicly in the cbox or privately via PM or catching one of us on AIM or Discord. Any suggestions or concerns are also welcomed!
On a final note, there's plenty of power positions
that are in need of being taken. You can read all about them and if you feel active and comfortable enough to try out for one, please let us know!
We hope you'll enjoy playing here and hanging out with a great community of wonderful writers who enjoy adding to many a story as the world grows, changes, and teeters on the edge of danger. We couldn't run or play on this place without all of you and appreciate you even considering becoming apart of an amazing board. :)