Ferocious is an 18+ supernatural and post apocalyptic RP based in the city-state of New Greenwich, Oregon with a rating of 3/3/3. Please register an OOC account then a character account, before applying. The Cbox is guest-friendly, so please feel free to ask any questions!

UPDATES!

8.8 - A mysterious murder has taken place at the Unity Monument! Details HERE.

7.29 - Event update #3! Enter to win a piece of artwork from Pinky! Details HERE.

7.19 — Event update #2! A fae section has been open to the public in the zoo with necessary precautions set in place!

7.09 — Event update #1! Have your character sponsor an animal! Find out more HERE!

7.08 — Our first event is up! Come learn about the New Greenwich tradition of the Summer Gala HERE!

7.03 — Our second movie night is Wednesday 7.12. Suggest a movie HERE!

6.24 — Our first movie night is Wednesday 6.28. Suggest a movie HERE!

6.16 — You've decided! Here's when our next event will be!

6.09 — When should we have our next event? You decide!

6.03 — We have a new skin on the site! Have any feedback? Found a gremlin running around? Let us know HERE!

6.01 — Our winners in the Anniversary Emoji Hunt have been announced. Congrats to everyone!

5.17 — We're one month old! Join the celebration and get a prize!

5.07 — Has your character ever wanted their tarot cards read? Now they can! Sign up HERE

4.22 — Come play real life D&D with your character! Sign up HERE

Wanted Spotlight

The Calpulli

Latest News

Mysterious murder at Unity Monument!

Character Spotlight

Adam Jones

Closed
New Poll

New Skin!
Starling
 Posted on: Jun 3 2017, 03:41 AM
age: 29 occupation: Lore Slave organization: The Night~ posts: 159 gems: 780

Starling~

shipper tracker message

Hey everyone!

You guessed it! Here's the new skin! There's a lot of things that may not be totally kosher, so please let us know if you see issue. You can respond directly to this post with any problems you see.

This skin is a work in progress, so you will be seeing changes ongoing. If you have any feedback for us, please feel free to send it our way. We know that the skin is a big change so we encourage you to wait a good 24 to 48 hours before doing this in order to allow your eyes to adjust to everything. Please be thoughtful when submitting feedback. Know that the staff and the coder took a long time to put this together, so we won't be making completely radical changes.

We will however, consider all feedback!

Please take note of your profiles and your mini-profiles. You can now find the amount of gems you have on your account, by locating the gems field on both of these. You can also find your badges on your mini-profile.

The gif on your main profile is 245x140! That should be the only graphic you need to add. All other graphics should remain the same size.

We have a new application code! You can see it here. For every application you transfer, we will give you 50 gems as a thank you if it is done before June 10th! In preparation we would advise you to copy and save your current application details to prevent any accidental deletions during the changeover.

Let us know if you have any questions, comments or concerns!

The Staff

PMEmailAIM
^
Nyx
 Posted on: Jun 3 2017, 04:28 PM
Nyx
age: 21+ occupation: we know organization: dark brotherhood posts: 0 gems: 200

Nyx

shipper tracker message

Beautiful skin! Love it to bits. <3

Found a small gremlin: The forum rules image text is nearly invisible on the new skin.
PM
^
Starling
 Posted on: Jun 3 2017, 04:33 PM

Starling~

shipper tracker message

Thanks Nyx! This is a known Gremlin. Fen is working on capturing it right now! Thank you for reporting it!

PMEmailAIM
^
Nyx
 Posted on: Jun 3 2017, 05:19 PM
Nyx

Nyx

shipper tracker message

Found another one: screencap. The app tabs overlap the static menu bar.

If you find
CODE
[type=radio]:checked ~ label

in the css and change the z-index from 4 to 1, that should correct it.
PM
^
Starling
 Posted on: Jun 3 2017, 08:17 PM

Starling~

shipper tracker message

Hey Nyx! I've been working on that all morning. The z-index is actually set to 2 for the checked, not 4. See below:

CODE

[type=radio]:checked ~ label {
background: #30273c;
z-index: 2;
}

[type=radio]:checked ~ label ~ .chocochip {
z-index: 1;
}

If you have any other insight let me know because the z-index doesn't do anything to affect it. :/ I believe it has to do with the Navbar/userlink bars actually because you'll find the same error on my species templates.
PMEmailAIM
^
Nyx
 Posted on: Jun 3 2017, 08:27 PM
Nyx

Nyx

shipper tracker message

For some reason, even though it says the z-index is set to 2 on your copied segment from the stylesheet, the browser is still rendering its z-index as 4: screencap of chrome element viewer

It is strange, though, because usually when I run into positioning issues with sticky top bars, I usually make sure to set the topbar to something ridiculous like 9999. That didn't work this time, but changing the position of the app tab squares to 1 in element viewer worked for me.

Is it possible that you have duplicate CSS in the stylesheet? It's a shot in the dark but if there were two bits of CSS controlling an element, the one at the bottom would take precedence.
PM
^
Nyx
 Posted on: Jun 3 2017, 08:29 PM
Nyx

Nyx

shipper tracker message

Perhaps this is the culprit:
CODE
.stick { position: fixed!important; top: 0px!important; z-index: 4!important; }

Maybe change that to 9999 and see what happens?
PM
^
Starling
 Posted on: Jun 3 2017, 08:32 PM

Starling~

shipper tracker message

That worked. I still don't know why the checked is getting that 4. We don't have it on the external sheet. Oh well. I guess for now that'll be fine.

Thanks! :) -crosses one other thing off the list-

PMEmailAIM
^
JK
 Posted on: Jun 5 2017, 06:09 AM
JK
age: Twenty-Something occupation: Desk Jockey organization: posts: 0 gems: 150

JK

shipper tracker message

No gremlins found yet, but just wanted to say that I love the hover-bar that remains anchored at the top of the screen, letting you toggle the cbox and jump to top. Having quick-links up there to the member directory and plot pages is super-useful for me! :)

The new skin looks great!

--------------------
My Characters
Daniel Jones (Human)
My Activity
I am mostly active mid-week. Please be aware I am rarely online at weekends or in the evenings.
My timezone is GMT
PM
^
Starling
 Posted on: Jun 5 2017, 07:33 PM

Starling~

shipper tracker message

Hey JK! Thanks for the feedback. Knowing what works for you guys is just as important as what doesn't so we can know in the future if we decide to change again (not for a long, long while) what we need to make sure to keep!

PMEmailAIM
^

Topic Options
Closed
New Poll

PP All of Me TH EF WATS LTMTD Abstruse NT
UB R&R WL WLWB Profane DWFNO FE M&M Black Sun Rising